2018 GP Helsinki Men's Short Program | Page 29 | Golden Skate

2018 GP Helsinki Men's Short Program

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
Someone in twitter called Brezina's newfound strenght Breznaissance and that is spot on :laugh:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Andrei Lazukin was underscored big time. :(

I thought he was one of the best here: yes the final spin was invalidated but what's up with those PCS? he sold the program, he has a good posture, there were transitions out of the elements, a nice knee slide in the steps sequence,... he deserves like 4-5 points more than that!

He's behind skaters who were honestly a mess like Jun, and less than a point ahead of Kolyada who was even worse.

He's a newbie to senior competition, at least at the GP level, and he wasn't exactly a star at the junior level. He's not going to get the high PCS scores right from the getgo.

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ok, I'm a "bad" skating fan, I refused to get up at 5:00am to see the event live.

Weekends are my one chance to sleep in! LOL

Starting the event now on NBC Gold, and will read the thread as I catch up. Time to feel like a dirty old man again as I check out the guys! LOL

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Three disciplines died today. We will know soon if the rinkmonster still hungers for souls or if the offering succeeded.

I'm just watching the men now, so I'll find out soon enough, but the rinkmonster has been quite insatiable, hasn't it?

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
I am so happy for Michal Brezina. At the beginning of this season I was wondering why he hadn't retired yet since last years were a complete disappointment. And here he is: skating better than ever. I simply adore the veterans returning from shadows, performing against all the youngsters and exceeding everyone's expectations. I hope he'll be able to obtain tomorrow the silver medal and that we'll see him in Vancouver.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
It's mentioned everywhere :biggrin:

Hahahah, I think I was the one who started it in the Pairs thread yesterday. Can someone explain at least what the feet advertise? Some relaxing feet lotion, feet massage or a chiropody clinic?

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hahahah, I think I was the one who started it in the Pairs thread yesterday. Can someone explain at least what the feet advertise? Some relaxing feet lotion, feet massage or a chiropody clinic?

As much as you don't want to hear/do this, you have to focus on the toes.

LOL

Two toes on each foot look like they have a bandage on them, but it looks like there's a brace of some sort attached to each bandage. I think it's some sort of device that helps keep the toes straight or keeps them from overlapping each other.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Genuinely curious, what is with the push for Konstantinova? I think she was the only one who didn't have URs/downgrades called that should've been. Not to mention the...questionable decisions for worlds spots in the past seasons...

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Genuinely curious, what is with the push for Konstantinova? I think she was the only one who didn't have URs/downgrades called that should've been. Not to mention the...questionable decisions for worlds spots in the past seasons...

You posted this in the men’s forum. :biggrin: You may want to post it in the ladies.

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ok, getting back to the competion.

Was happy to see Bychenko skate as well as he did, given recent injuries. He seemed happy with this SP, I hope the long is clean for him.

Cha: Shame about his combo, but he was still great. LOL at the arm-clock moments. Talk about literal!

Brezina: Good for him! Nice to see him put a clean skate together like that! Now, to see him on the podium!!!

Hanyu: Breaking 100! 106.69 for the short program total, amazing!

I still want to find Bychenko and give him a big hug! LOL He is too cute, but I must say, Phillip Harris is a cutie too!