2018 JGP Kaunas Cup Rhythm Dance | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Kaunas Cup Rhythm Dance

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Well S/G, that dance was totally constructed to the rules. They're a new couple, and you can see it. But that was one of the best ATs of the day, with some really lovely extension.

They look good together.

Very nice for a brand new couple.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Cool.. Estonians! They look so young! I like her dress. I think I'm going to go dark dark pink rather than red.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
17Ashlynne STAIRS / Elliott GRAHAM
A New Team, but both were part of quite strong teams before joining up.

RD: Tango: Clover Gill & "Tosca Tango;Tango: "Tanguera;" choreo by M. Wing, A. Lowe (RD)
FD: "Welcome to Burlesque" by Steve Lindsay, Matthew Gerrard; "Bound to You" by Samuel Dixon; "Something’s got a hold on me" by Christopher Stewart; choreo by A. Paul, M. Islam (FD) CAN
CAN

Back to the v neck onesie for Elliot.

Purple dress with v neck, cross straps on the back. Large bun on her head.

Into pattern. Strong skaters but a bit far apart in spots. Looks ok.

Twizzles a bit out on 2nd set. Back together on third.

Mid line Step sequence with bongos? Need more time together.

rotational lift with change of position, Positions not too crisp at end, but it will do.

Good debut for them.

55.35 into 6

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Well S/G, that dance was totally constructed to the rules. They're a new couple, and you can see it. But that was one of the best ATs of the day, with some really lovely extension.

They look good together.

Very nice for a brand new couple.

I liked the most how nicely they worked to the music, giving out that Tango vibe, not hitting too hard, but in more subtle way. I only wish she'd have a lower bun (less ballerina-looking) and different cut of the dress (without these side cut-outs, maybe solid on the front with open back?)

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
The straps on the back of Bunina's dress are hideous and totally distracting.

Very very stiff. It's Latin, kids, loosen up and enjoy it. That looked almost robotic in places.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
And now I'm even more confused about the color of this dress.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
In the kiss and cry it looks more red. I'm confused. I do have the blue turned down on my monitor though because the blue is so bad for the eyes.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Doris, smashing job on the PBP. So lovely to see you here commenting again. That's MY highlight of the day. :)

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, that was a pleasant competition. I only saw the second half but it looks like there are some nice teams coming up from the smaller countries. Good!

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Ukrainians in third and Azerbaijanis in fourth. I hope one of them can hang on for a medal. It might be the only win for a non-Russian/Canadian/American team on the ice dance circuit.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
That Russian team in first was so much better than everyone else in my opinion but it was nice to see what everyone brought to the table.

Please, please get rid of the terrible Cell Block Tango version team Russia 3.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
18Tatjana BUNINA / Ivan KUZNETSOV
A new team

RD: "Tango: Vuelvo al Sur" by Gotan Project; Tango: "Mi Confesion" by Gotan Project; choreo by Lea Rand
FD: Die Fledermaus by Johann Strauss; choreo by Lea Rand EST
EST

Very young team

He in red shirt and black pants.

She has the deep pink dress.

They clash a bit.

Pattern. Need more speed. They come apart a bit, and don't quite make it.

Right into twizzles from pattern. Brave. A little weak on these in quality but what the hey. Good job kids

Lift. Straight line. Entry very matter of fact. Done ok.

Midline Not touch step. Getting a bit far apart and out of synch. He does a knee slide turn.

And they are done, and so am I. A nice debut. Boy you can see how young they are in the KnC 38.24..

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Just returned home and saw Bunina/Kuznetsov. No matter the complaints I noticed fleetingly, I think they were super cute in K&C, esp. the girl. :luv17:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well that was a fun competition! I haven't watched dance all the much, so it was interesting to see the different program choices...tangoes with waltzes, cha-chas and even Charlestons! :biggrin:

I'm not sure if I'll be able to watch all of the free dance tomorrow, but I'll be able to see some of it at least.

Alas, I won't be able to watch the upcoming ladies - work calls tomorrow, but good luck to them all!