2018 JGP Linz Rhythm Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Linz Rhythm Dance

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Jocelyn HAINES / James KOSZUTA
Music: Tango: "Sentimientos" by Andres Linetzky, Ernesto Romeo; Tango: "Sweet Dream" (Are Made of This) performed by Tanghetto
Choreography by: Carly Donowick, Joel Dear, Christian Erwin
Costumes: Basic black sparkly dress with red hair flower for her; basic black with sheer panels and sparkles for him

Required Elements:

Stream was very choppy so it was a best guess:

Nt St Diagonal Step Seq. Level 1 but there's a really nice twiz moment in it.
Twizzles (missed 'em. talk to youtube. grrrr)
AT --I have to admit that the techno tango version of Sweet Dreams really disconcerted me, so I wound up listening more to the music than concentrating on them!
Rotational Lift - nice entry. best element

The biggest problem is that they are not skating as a pair yet.

Score: 46.83 (25.03 TES, 21.80 PCS)

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
“Sophia from Louisville, Christopher also from Louisville.”

Yes, Ted, I would expect them to be from the same place.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So fun to hear Ted Barton say Louie-ville! (natives say Lou-ah-vil -- I'm not a native but lived there for several years so excited to see these guys).

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Great, now my stream is grainy AND glitchy. Please work, Youtube...

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So fun to hear Ted Barton say Louie-ville! (natives say Lou-ah-vil -- I'm not a native but lived there for several years so excited to see these guys).

I always thought they were saying ”lul-vile” :confused2:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Sophia ELDER / Christopher ELDER
Music: "Tango Classico by Earl Klugh; "Tango Sensual" by Gotan Project
Choreography by: Igor Shpilband, Fabian Bourzat
Costumes: Basic black dress with lace panel and red head flower for her; basic black for him

Require Elements:

Twizzles - nicely done
AT
Midline St Seq
Rotational lift with one arm entry - best element

Hmm there's not much to say about these two. It's all very nice and very bland. They need to work on OOMPH. Right now they don't really bring any to this.

Score: 49.58 (26.21 TES, 23.37 PCS)

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
So, Kuts/Mikhailov look solid for the bronze. Too far back to challenge the leaders, but they’ve got a healthy margin over the fourth-place team.

As for gold and silver, both teams will be scrounging for every fraction of a point on Saturday.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Sophia ELDER / Christopher ELDER
Music: "Tango Classico by Earl Klugh; "Tango Sensual" by Gotan Project
Choreography by: Igor Shpilband, Fabian Bourzat
Costumes: Basic black dress with lace panel and red head flower for her; basic black for him

Require Elements:

Twizzles - nicely done
AT
Midline St Seq
Rotational level with one arm entry - best element

Hmm there's not much to say about these two. It's all very nice and very bland. They need to work on OOMPH. Right now they don't really bring any to this.

I got the "Oh no, we're siblings, we can't act too sexy with our tango" vibe. I'm not sure why Igor/Fabian chose this music --- I mean Tango Sensual for a brother/sister team?!

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I'm going to take a quick shower, and Youtube better get it together for the men's short :mad:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
The coach and choreographer of the French team is Karine Arribert-Narce who used to work with Blanc and Bouquet. She has always made unusual music choices which she has coupled with equally unusual choreography. She also choreographs for competitive Ice Theater, which tells us something. I am glad to see she is still following her particular star, particularly in this year of the Tango.

Yes I like her a great deal. She is never boring, and that to me is often the most important element of all. I was so riveted on wondering where that step seq for the French was going that I almost forgot to write down the rest of the elements!

Now they need to rethink those costumes.

And with that I'm off to see Mom. I hope Youtube gets it together so the posted videos won't be Glitch Hell.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
The protocols are out.

Look how close the top two end up being. L/L got the highest element GOE (indeed, the highest two), but also took some level hits. S/E more consistent with the levels.

The thing to note is that the point difference between consecutive levels for step sequences and pattern dance elements is 0.5 (other than ones denoted with B). Before, the point difference between step sequence levels was 1.5 and 0.6 for the patterns. So level differences are not as crucial anymore and it's a lot easier to make up these point differences through GOE.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Had a chance to re-watch top 3.
Program as a concept and vibe, I liked Marjorie and Zachary the most, there is certain level of musical sophistication and refinement watching how movement reflects music in it. However, they looked tad too cautious today, especially in the first half on pattern and step sequence - I feel that this is the main point they have to work on, this continuosly confident, speedy movement with flow. In general, I think that ladies were overshadowed today by guys - Zachary, Igor and Dmitrii showed some great skills today and great partnering.
Sofia and Igor were good, they obviously have good basics and know how to move, especially Igor who is quite a partner, I am just not a fan of musical arrangement for this RD and a bit of 'choppiness' /lack of control in Sofia's movement/carriage; the program felt a bit flat and repetitive. They had the biggest pattern and step sequence though, it is just the package that ruins my impression level a bit...
Positively surprised about Eva and Dmitrii, that opening lift was really great. The skating was not as big as Sofia/Igor, but the performance was continous and quite musical.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
In positive news, the ISU banned that poster who is always bullying the dancers in the comments sections of their videos.