2018 JPG Bratislava Free Dance | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2018 JPG Bratislava Free Dance

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Ugh, most of the time it's easy to ignore a certain YouTube commenter's incessant nonsense posts about Canadian dancers, but in the video for Fabbri/Ayer's skate she's saying that they fell because Alicia is too fat.

You tube is a pit of despair for me. I read the comments and start to feel like I'm living in a different dimension because no one I know talks like that.

Artemisa

Final Flight
I like that junior ice dance pairs because all pairs are diffente.... I loved the version of sanson and dalila of Elizaveta SHANAEVA / Devid NARYZHNYY .. I loved both junior russian pairs ... why russian seniors can't be like that

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Ugh, most of the time it's easy to ignore a certain YouTube commenter's incessant nonsense posts about Canadian dancers, but in the video for Fabbri/Ayer's skate she's saying that they fell because Alicia is too fat.

welcome to youtube... it happened here as well in the past... but it's not tolerated here to bash skaters on appearance.. but on YT... never read the comments...

alicia is a beautiful young lady, and that lift was succeeded at other competitions... so whatever.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Ian & Eliana for their first JGP medal! Great job under the pressure of "opportunity" here. I like their free the best of their two programs. Very polished exits from their elements today.

I really enjoyed Shanaeva & Naryzhnyy's crazy rendition of Samson & Delilah along with the rest of you. Think it would take a dance team to really make that work. They really skated to the rhythm & reflected all the changes in the music within their skating.

Do not think Fabbri & Ayer lost a spot at all. Their levels would have been behind the top three teams even without the fall. Do think the hit in the score may have put a dent in their chances for a second event, but 4th is still a high placement so they will likely get one anyway. (And Orihara & Royer aren't on the JGP). I actually miss Fabbri with Pietrantonio. Think he had much more expression and their programs always had something unique among the Canadian field, but I can see that F&A will likely be a better physical match in the longterm. Maybe they will just not be my kind of team, but the slow-paced FD is a wise choice for a new team and I'd guess the presentation will improve as they get more comfortable together. Early days.

Really think Bashynska & Beaumont have the most obvious differential between their RD and the free of any team I have seen this season. (Think I've seen them 3-4 times this season now). Even without the botched footwork in the RD here, they've been placing multiple spots higher in their FD (which is charming) than the Carmen RD all season. Might be worth looking at changing up that RD, but it could be a problem with the pattern instead. I haven't looked at their protocals closely yet. (Think I will).

I quite like Demougeot & Le Mercier. Every season something very different. Never boring. Think they need to really work on their speed at this stage.

Sorry a bit for the Belarusians. Think they can do better. They missed the end of their season last year. Should have been at Junior Worlds & didn't go so I wonder if an injury might have put them behind schedule.

Khudaberdieva & Nazarov have some wonderful flexibility & positions. (Kind of ugly one in the spin, though it's the exception). But I still feel like I haven't seen them skate up to their potential. Always some kind of mental lapse or mistake. Feel like I'm still waiting to see them fully deliver before I can appreciate them.