2018 Lombardia Trophy Free Dance | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2018 Lombardia Trophy Free Dance

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Well..they outscored H/D in the PD. I wonder if they will outscore them in the FD.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
I will eat my hat if they manage to replicate that score at any other international event this season.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I will not be happy until someone takes my suggestion and does half la la land and then cuts it off abruptly and puts on the Moonlight Soundtrack. And I'm going to keep talking about it until someone does it too.

It's not a bad idea really. Kinda accurate of life.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Score is high but max. score is 137.84 for FD this season, keep that in mind.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
I will not be happy until someone takes my suggestion and does half la la land and then cuts it off abruptly and puts on the Moonlight Soundtrack. And I'm going to keep talking about it until someone does it too.

The Moonlight soundtrack is much more interesting too!

oly2018

Final Flight

I still don't like La La Land, but you are onto something with the Moonlight soundtrack.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Are you saying there's only 20 points between that at P/C? :D

Normalized with 124.70 from last season, gives about 105-106. High for this early in the season but they have gotten that before.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Parsons were great today - I start to see the piece of music as 'theirs' in terms of a program; when clean-ish, it shows a great corelation between their skill and presentation of it. The whole step sequence with non-touching portion and following sequence with rotational lift is beautiful, I love when they are solo and skating opposite to themselves, it is a perfect illustration of how good skaters they are, their immaculate basics. They are very musical and sensitive to motion being reflected in music, shows all the way through how they are moving which is super important in programs like that. And one of very few teams whose overall skating is polished, with finished movement and elegant, aesthetically pleasing transitions, especially with lifts. I cannot tear my eyes off Michael, he is just fantastic, those edges and a strong presence on ice.

Pleasant program from Charlene and Marco, have to say I counted on using 'City of stars' and something more dynamic as a complimentary piece, but it is way more subdued I expected. The second part is too gimmicky for my taste, too much of those choreo movement, leg grabbing and Charlene on her knee(s), I enjoyed first, more lyrical part more.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
With both the Parsons and G/F I feel the lady is too tall for their partner. I like a bigger difference in height. It makes the lifts seem easier and effortless.

It's interesting. G/F are very close in height (4 cm), the Parsons actually have a similar height difference to several teams (12 cm). Capellini/Lanotte and Stepanova/Bukin also have 12 cm, Hawayek/Baker have 10 cm, and McNamara/Carpenter only have 8 cm according to their bios. Sinitsina/Katsalapov have 13 cm, Gilles/Poirier have 11 cm, etc.

I hear the height thing brought up a lot for the Parsons and not often for some of the others I've listed. I wonder why? Of course, maybe some of the bios are just inaccurate and that's the issue.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker

It would be funnier if they did about 45 seconds of the La La program, stopped, and a voice over said, No we really meant to be skating to Moonlight.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
It would be funnier if they did about 45 seconds of the La La program, stopped, and a voice over said, No we really meant to be skating to Moonlight.

HA yes.

In reality, everyone is still going to skate in La La Land, even though Moonlight has the Best Picture Oscar. ;)

pearly

Record Breaker
It's interesting. G/F are very close in height (4 cm), the Parsons actually have a similar height difference to several teams (12 cm). Capellini/Lanotte and Stepanova/Bukin also have 12 cm, Hawayek/Baker have 10 cm, and McNamara/Carpenter only have 8 cm according to their bios. Sinitsina/Katsalapov have 13 cm, Gilles/Poirier have 11 cm, etc.

I hear the height thing brought up a lot for the Parsons and not often for some of the others I've listed. I wonder why? Of course, maybe some of the bios are just inaccurate and that's the issue.

The bio could be wrong, but it might be body types as well. As much as I hate to get into that at all since she looks perfectly normal and healthy, but if she were petite, they would look different.

HA yes.

In reality, everyone is still going to skate in La La Land, even though Moonlight has the Best Picture Oscar. ;)

Didn't Alina have some Moonlight mixed in with her Swan Lake last year?