2018 Olympic Figure Skating Mens FS

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Dick Button shout out!

Watch out Yuzu!

Seriously though...can you imagine if you won the Olympics and then fell off the podium?!! I would die!

treeloving

Medalist
I bet Nathan is kicking himself just a decent SP gets him on the podium. But i think this will fuel him for the next four years. The Olympics always has athletes looking to redeem themselves from the previous Olympics and if Nathan makes it back that will be one of the stories.

Actually I think clean Nathan will win.

BlackAxel

Final Flight
Javi should have been second. Ugly landing shouldn’t be rewarded. As Johnny said, system must be tweaked to reward quality again. The gold I agree with, of course.

Javier would have been second had he not popped his jump. Has no one to blame but himself.

gerorin

On the Ice
Lol Shouma is your typical Japanese teens, he's so awkward with touchy touchy things, let him out of that group hug XD

lavender

Record Breaker
Gutted for Jin Boyang but I think the top 3 fought through and deserved it all.

I do wish there were more medals because I do see improvement in Jin. I'm just shocked that they really were going to give Nathan the gold over better skaters based on just doing 15 quads if he skated a decent short..I'm sorry but I don't think that's a good thing.

Kissx3

Final Flight
Good job to the baby Americans as well. At 17 and 18, they both came off as serious threats for the next quad here.

bixby

Final Flight
Nathan WON the long and climbed up from 17th to 5th place. Had he had the usual short, he should have been the Olympic champion. But that's the way it goes...

At the end of the day no individual medal here but went down as KING of the quads on the Olympic record book!!!

How about Vincent climbing from 12th to 6th place. Very impressive indeed!

Adam rounding up the US Men in 10th place. Not bad!

HollyRose

On the Ice
I'm still crying a little :drama:

Yuzu is truly the King and a legend already. I'm so, so happy for him. That look of pride he had in the final moments of Seimei and his lovely moment with Brian afterwards were just beautiful.

And Javi!!! I wanted so much for him to get a medal, and it happened!! :yahoo:

I still can't decide who I favor between Boyang and Shoma, so congratulations to Shoma, but a little sad still for Boyang. Boyang for 2022 OGM please!:pray:

I'm just stunned that I got my gold medal dream in pairs and in men's. :shocked: I'm thankful, though :) Another wonderful podium :luv17:

And, we got amazing performances from my men Keegan and Alexei!! :love:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Amazing competition and greatly deserved podium. Thrilled for Javier getting his medal and Shoma silver. And HANYU defying expectations post injury to be a two time Olympic champ!

Boyang fought hard but he still has his 4CC gold and Nathan roared back to win the free!