2018 Olympic Figure Skating Mens FS | Page 139 | Golden Skate

2018 Olympic Figure Skating Mens FS

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Deeply unsatisfying final flight with no clean skate.

Well, looking at the whole season for me it was the best final we could possibly get, with top 4 after SP not crumbling under pressure, but fighting until the end...

HanDomi

Record Breaker
If health permits, he'll probably stick around till 2022! Imagine the pooh rain there...his chinese fans are intense!

I don't think he will hold on in top shape for more than 2 seasons from now to be honest. He had too many injuiries to this point

arashifordream

On the Ice
I actually want Boyang to win bronze. LOL oh well...I am still very happy with the result!

Congrats to Yuzuru, Shoma and Javier!!!:yahoo:

Maribelle

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Actually I think clean Nathan will win.

It would have been very close if he would have skated a clean short program. I think Nathan did so well in the long program because he was skating in a group of lower ranked skaters so he didn't get psyched out like when he was in the top group in the short program. I am glad for him that he got a team bronze medal.

synteis

Medalist
Yuzudaughter iMessage Commentary: “Mom, mom, mom! Yuzu did it, he won again! I knew he would, you should have seen all the Poohs fly on the ice! Are you seeing a doctor? Is my sister going to be okay? Please say yes because I’m scared for her. I want to be a big sister. Ok, Grammie says I have to go to go bed now.”

Yup, MomSynchro let Yuzudaughter stay up past midnight to watch her idol. Awww.

Maybe I’ll keep her around after all. :luv17:

She was too cute ^_^

msaidi

On the Ice
lol judge #7 is such a hater he gave bad goe/pcs to shoma(goe max was +1 and pcs lower than 8.75)and javi to make boyang get the bronze !!!!

fredtx121

On the Ice
I totally agree with the podium. Very happy for all skaters. I am also glad that Boyang didn't "steal the bronze" from Nathan if one of the top three didn't skate well. Nathan goit his redemption and skated his best in the free skate. 215 is a huge score.. Im not sure if Shoma was shocked or disappointed after getting his scores for the Free skate. But I am happy he got his silver and that Javier finally got his Olympic medal. I wonder how many skaters will go to this year's worlds

auser

Record Breaker
So cute, Hanyu having to coax Javi and Shomu to get closer, join him on his platform for pictures :luv17: during venue award/celebration

ks777

Record Breaker
I love Nathan’s spunk and guts going for 6 quads but his landings didn’t have any flow out either and he watered down all the TR and it still got loads of GOEs. So why not for Shoma? The value of a GOE is now losing its validity fast as they are issued out like treats on Halloween. Jin Boyang and Yuzu deserved better GOEs on jumps IMO.

Shoma doesn't have poor landing than Nathan. Nathan got tons of +2s for his poor landings. He has no flow whatsoever. His jumps don't deserve +2s. +1s are more like it. Shoma does have beautiful flow coming out of his jumps.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I am fan of almost every men. My dream podium would have been anybody on it, but I am happy Javier medalled. He is just a good role model who has proved to world you must not come from a big figure skating country to become a successful skater. Please young boys in Finland, only few of you can be successful NHL hockey players. Try figure skating instead! (I have nothing against ice hockey, but so many parents want their sons to play hockey and are proud of it and figure skating is thought to feminine. Try it and see today it is really hard sport.

gerorin

On the Ice
Shoma doesn't have poor landing than Nathan. Nathan got tons of +2s for his poor landings. He has no flow whatsoever. His jumps don't deserve +2s. +1s are more like it. Shoma does have beautiful flow coming out of his jumps.

But if you say that they think you're a hater. Or an Adam fan, lol.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Javi looks slightly disappointed

I think it has to have time to all sink in... He sure realizes the weight of his own error made, that doubled quad in particular, but nonetheless - it is that elusive Olympic medal and a fantastic pinnacle of his colourful career