2018 Rostelecom Cup Rhythm Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 Rostelecom Cup Rhythm Dance

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
I'm boycotting this pair. I know its not their fault they are here (and not some others) but Russians Ice Dance commitee, but still no watching from me :noshake:
And some low scores, i knew it

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
That lipstick is getting some negative GOE from me.

Pro tip: find a MAC counter and buy a tube of Russian Red. Immediate tango lips. It’s been my colour since I was young. You’re welcome.

ETA: and we’re getting Basic on the first half of the pattern... sadness... profound sadness... and anger... possibly also anger.

Re lipstick - with red, the main problem seems to be mismatch with lady complexion type and often that weird cherry tone instead of just warm or cold red. Been here, done that.

But that red things on her dress...A big fat NO. Like bloodied handkerchiefs...

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
Beatles tango???????????????

Edit: Oh, never mind, it becomes much worse Imma be imma imma imma be

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Annabelle MOROZOV / Andrei BAGIN
Music: Tango by Maxime Rodriguez; Dos Tangos
Choreography by: Nikolai Morozov
Costumes: Black tango dress with red flowered appliques for her; black pants and shirt with red vest for him

Required Elements:

Basic tango steps to start. They have almost NO relationship to each other; everything is skated to the judges. And into
Twizzles - he stumbled on the last set. Level 2 for both with -.62 goe
TR Pattern 1 - Basic level (ouch!) with all Ns. They appeared to be off the beat from the start. 0 goe
TR Pattern 2 - Stumble during the pattern. YNNN. Level 1 -.34goe
Diag St Seq - Level 2 .19 goe. But no matching steps. Meh.
Curve Lift - level 4 .50 goe

Rough debut for these two.

Score: 51.69

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Re lipstick - with red, the main problem seems to be mismatch with lady complexion type and often that weird cherry tone instead of just warm or cold red. Been here, done that.

But that red things on her dress...A big fat NO. Like bloodied handkerchiefs...

That’s why I recommend MAC’s Russian Red. I have unworkable skin tone, as cosmeticians love to tell me, but that red never goes cherry/bright or wine/dark. The trick is to take a strong base colour and then add a stick or tube gloss as an extra coat to adjust the hue if you’d like or if you just want a glossier finish.

I didn’t hate the dress, but there really aren’t any good ones in this flight.

also FERGIE? is this flashback Friday in FS?

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Um, that was... new. I have no idea whether I like it or not, it's just... unexpected.

Metis

Record Breaker
The Russians continue to bring it with the nonsensical music edits that will haunt me for the rest of my life.

readernick

Medalist
"Come Together". As a tango. Skate gods, why do you hate me?

I think it is the worst music I have heard this season and there is some major competition from other skaters. Mako Yamashita..... Alina Zagitova's terrible music edits... Morisi who we just saw... but this tops them all :( Why? Just Why???

Metis

Record Breaker
Um, that was... new. I have no idea whether I like it or not, it's just... unexpected.

Lots of programmes composed of sections that don’t speak to each other this year... at least Junhwan’s is fun.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Lots of programmes composed of sections that don’t speak to each other this year... at least Junhwan’s is fun.

:palmf: Oh god don't get me started on that, I have a lot of words for Shae-Lynne Bourne... For me it's 100% that darling's ability and charm that it's getting a positive reaction.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
And to think those two Russian pairs were chosen above Shpilevaya/Smirnov ... It's as if the Russians were boycotting themselves for the sake of some officials' personal satisfaction.

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Morozov/Bagin sum up what's wrong with the GP format. They gain Entry to this prestigious event simply because they are from the home nation hosting it. Absurd! Other Dance couples have to wait years & be considerably better to get on the GP List. And they were overscored!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Sofia EVDOKIMOVA / Egor BAZIN
Music: Tango: Come Together performed by Marea Tango; Hip Hop: Imma Be by Black Eyed Peas
Choreography by: Evgenia Shumskaia, Natalia Sannikova
Costumes: Body con black dress with cutouts galore and sheer paneling with black studded gloves for her, black pants with faux black leather jacket and white tshirt for him

Required Elements:

I believe this is our second hip hop tango of the year, after S/F.

This looks like the first half has been given a major overhaul since Finlandia.

Tango-esque steps with a hip hop edge to start and into a very nice
Curve Lift in a cantilever position. The changes work better. Level 4, .64 goe
TR Pattern 1 - Level 3, .48 goe YNYY
TR Pattern 2 - lvel 2 .46 goe YNNY
The basic pattern is good but the tango gets lost in the music.
Twizzles in a circular patter. Nicely done. Level 4 for him, 3 for her .73 goe
ML Step Seq - ALL hip hop steps. Level 3, 1.62 goe

Much improved from first outing. though it's barely barely a tango.

Score: 64.05 and a SB

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker

Junhwan OWNS weirdness of his FS and that's the thing to have with weird music. If you are sure about it, we will be too.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Why are her arms covered with spiderweb-ish lines?

Ouch, a hard stumble during the twizzles.