2018 Skate America Rhythm Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate America Rhythm Dance

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Fear and Gibson are one of my new favorite teams. They really have really upped their game this season!

Cute and talented performers, that Disco FD is a thing! I will groove all right to it:)

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Lilah FEAR / Lewis GIBSON
Music: Tango: "Tango Flamenco" by Armik; Flamenco: "Volare (Nel blu dipinto di blu)" by Gypsy Kings
Choreography by: Romain Haguenauer
Costumes: Basic red tango dress for her. Basic black tango duds for him.

Required Elements:

Well this is a tango pretty much in name only. And the required pattern. Otherwise, FLAMENCO BABY!
Starting with the drama. Flamenco tempo with better speed and sharper movement than earlier. And into
TR Pattern - well with flamenco music I was all Holy Cognitive Dissonance Batman! Level 3 & Level 1 for the secions with mixed KPs. 1.07 GOE and .57 GOE
Twizzles - good speed and distance between them Level 4 for both. 1.46 GOE. Really nicely done.
Diag. St Seq - back to flamenco. 1.52 GOE. Speed much improved.
Rotational lift good (missed the score on this. Damn typing!)

Well it's barely tango, but it's fun.

Score: 64.71 A SB and well deserved.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
And they are improving so quickly, from 58-ish from Nepela to 64! Woot:cheer:

auser

Record Breaker
Alexandra NAZAROVA / Maxim NIKITIN
Music: "Cell Block Tango" (from "Chicago") by John Kander, Fred Ebb; Foxtrot: "Overture" (from "Chicago") by John Kander, Fred Ebb; Foxtrot: "All That Jazz" (from "Chicago") by John Kander, Fred Ebb
Choreography by: Fabian Bourzat
Costumes: Black dress with silver neckline for her; black pants with psuedo-tux shirt for him

Required Elements:

TR Pattern - mixed YNT KPs, but at least they got credit for both with small +GOE (.48/.13)
Twizzles - out of sync and SLOW. Level 3 for both but -.12 GOEs. And that's generous. They were slo mo to the hilt.
Midline Step Seq - Level 3. The NT sequence was good. .61 GOE
Stationary Lift - niceo n the lap position. Level 3. .35 GOE

They had a disastrous outing with this at Nebelhorn, receiving no credit at all for the first section of the TR pattern.

Sharp opening but man, they picked the SLOWEST TEMPO FOR THIS MUSIC I'VE EVER HEARD. The program though is meh. Fabian, you're a better choreographer than this.

And I'm a big fan of this couple, but this dance is forgettable.

Score: 58.32 A SB for them. So that's something.
Thank you. I'm too timid to say forgettable out loud here on the forum, but I was wishing for more Fosse inspired choreo. :)

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
You know, it took a bit of experimenting for the Fear sisters to find the right partners, but I think they have hit the jackpot now.

I love Nazarova / Nikitin, and going into the competition I wanted them to be leading into the next group. But, I can't argue with the scores. Fear / Gibson were definitely so much better!

A very pleasant surprise! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
WeakAnkles;2218665 Well this is a tango pretty much in name only. And the required pattern. Otherwise said:
Yes, that will be the one constructive criticism I'd offer. Definitely lacked that tango flavor.

penniavaswen

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Okay, maybe it's because I went to too many conventions this year, but I can't stop seeing a signature on his pants.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Points to Mueller and Dieck for the unconventional music choice.

Sorry. I didn't like the music.

Second group waiting to come out. And I am going to be pulled in so many directions, because there are so many partnerships that I like! :drama:

CaroLiza_fan

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Katharina MÜLLER / Tim DIECK
Music: Tango
Choreography by: Elena Maslennikova, Alexei Gorshkov
Costumes: Basic Black sparkly tango dress with purple lace trim for her, Basic black pants and black sheer overshirt with sequined pale purple undershirt for him

Required Elements:

Miming the typical I love you/I hate you that people think Tango is about to start. Grrr. Then into a lift entrance and...
Twizzles - out of ssync but good coverage. Lev 4 for both 1.04 GOE
TR pattern - need to get closer in the hips Level 2 for both sequences. .46 GOE for second section. Mixed KPs.
St Line Lift - Basic but it flowed better this time. No hesitation. Level 4 .35 GOE
Diag Step Sequence - again, all very basic with a big stumble by him. Level 2. Neg .16 GOE

This is a very STALKY tango. Wasn't feeling it.

Score: 60.12 and a SB. It was better than previous. But they need to stop STALKING the tango.