2019 World Championships Rhythm Dance | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2019 World Championships Rhythm Dance

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
:yay: Hello! I managed to wake up just in time for Piper and Paul. Lucky! (But now I need to go back and rewatch everyone I missed :slink:)

:ghug:, I am happy, supper happy for PSquared because they really did their best. I learned to accept the 'hierarchical' thing in ID with all weird things coming with it and just waiting for Vincent FD tomorrow, doing its magic, tears to fall:). Girl, better re-watch Vikita tho, they really did a Tango masterclass, one of the best performances EVER for me and I am not even like a big fan, they were just do in character, razor sharp!

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Hard to take Jean-Luc's Tango face seriously when all I can see is Austin Powers.

Oh BEhave.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Well never mind PC will score 86 or 87?

They had problems with the first set of TR all season. If they hit the levels, maybe. S/K have the better pattern dance, while for P/C it is their weak point IMO. All things aside I can't wait to see Gabby's glorious green dress again

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Two things that always fascinate me when watching H/B: Jean-Luc Baker's skating and Kaitlin Hawayek's (am I spelling her name right) eyelashes

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
It's so weird that USA has all teams in Montreal...

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Hawayek / Baker (USA)

Tech:

- Twizzles: Great first set, very close second set, wonderful third set
- Pattern: A little-off at end of first section, but still good edging and security through frame (kpYNYY and kpYYNY)
- Step: Sharp second half, fast twizzles to end (Lvl 3)
- Lift: Good changes of position through the lift, could have more impact with the music

Pres:

- I did feel like they were more connected to the music this time around. They could use a bit more speed and intricacy between elements, but they have very strong twizzles and a good frame considering their height similarity. Still could work on having choreography that has more impact to challenge the top teams.

Score: 75.90, TES 41.58, PCS 34.32 (currently 3rd)

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Kaitlin HAWAYEK / Jean-Luc BAKER
United States of America
Music: Tango: "Vuelvo al Sur" by Juan Carlos Caceres; Tango: "A los Amigo" by Forever Tango
Choreography by: Marie-France Dubreuil
Costumes: Standard red tango dress for her; black pants, beige open collar shirt. He lost that tacky tied scarf. Good.

Required Elements:

Standard tango steps to Set The Mood
Rotation on one knee for her and we're into
Twizzles - Level 3 for her (boo!) and 4 for him. 2.42 goe.
TR Pattern 1 - Level 3 YNYY 1.88 goe
TR Pattern 2 - Level 3 YYNY 2.01 goe
SO much better. So very very much better
ML St Seq - what I find very interesting is there is a tempo change within the sequence. They're one of the only teams I've seen do that this season and it's very effective. Level 3, 2.74 goe
Curve Lift - Level 4, 1.04 goe
Steps into final tango pose

Latin has never been their strength. But they do win Most Improved Twizzles award. Plus Kaitlyn has turned into QUITE the actress.
And Kaitlyn is in the running for Most Formidable Fake Eyelashes. She does have some stiff competition this year, so wish her luck!

Score: 75.90 and a well deserved SB

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
:ghug:, I am happy, supper happy for PSquared because they really did their best. I learned to accept the 'hierarchical' thing in ID with all weird things coming with it and just waiting for Vincent FD tomorrow, doing its magic, tears to fall:). Girl, better re-watch Vikita tho, they really did a Tango masterclass, one of the best performances EVER for me and I am not even like a big fan, they were just do in character, razor sharp!

Cannot wait to go back and watch SinKats!!! :)

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Weaver and Poje look like they should be on the cover of a romance novel!

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Twizzles could've been slightly better methinks, but otherwise impeccable in its maturity and depth