2019 World Juniors Free Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2019 World Juniors Free Dance

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Sasha FEAR / George WADDELL *
Great Britain
Music: A Thousand Years by The Piano Guys; Beethoven's Five Secrets by The Piano Guys
Choreography by: Romain Haguenauer
Costumes: Purple dance dress with sparkly silver appliques for her; midnight blue/black shirt with sheer side panels and sleeves and black pants for him

Program Layout:

Twizzles - much improved since the beginning of the season. Level 4 for both, .73 goe
Dance Spin - maintained speed thruout. Level 4, .54 goe
NT St Seq - with cartwheel exit, more knees please! Level 1 for her, 2 for him, .24 goe. Work on the edges - very shallow!
Curve Lift - pretty much a SL lift with a teensy curve at the end (done on one foot). Level 4, .40 goe
Diag St Seq - Level 1, .42 goe. Tough tech panel.
Chor Slide - well it was in sync, but not very interesting. .83 goe
Ro Lift - now this is much better: more speed, smoother position changes. Level 4, .50 goe
Chor Spin - with an interesting stationary lift entrance. It's two two two choreoelements in one! .83 goe

Well this has been majorly revamped since the beginning of the season (including costumes), and they are skating it with more maturity and musicality. It's all a bit cliched and dull though. More mush. YMMV of course. I think they're capable of much more.
But they still need work on edges and knees. The step seq scores tell you that.

Score: 72.92

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
natalie was going to the beach, then she remembered she had a competition today :biggrin:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
:laugh: Believer will never stop being funny to me after Ted and the Tarakanova confusion.

This dude has some amazing hair I must say.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Natalie TASCHLEROVA / Filip TASCHLER
Czech Republic
Music: Believers by Imagine Dragons; Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol
Choreography by: Nikola Visnova, Barbora Silna, Eliska Lukonchik
Costumes: Pink rhinestoned-to-the-hilt bodice with purple and grey ombre skirt; grey shirt with black side panels and black pants for him

Program Layout:

NT St Seq - in an interesting circular pattern. Level 2 for both, .83 goe
Twizzles - nice but no score given. Get your tech together ISU
Chor Twizzles - with sharp cartwheel exit. 1.00 goe
Ro Lift - with one arm pickup from one knee (!). Level 2, .21 goe
Tempo change
Chor Spinning Movement - in three parts. It's not a throwaway. 1.25 goe
Tempo change - It's more soldered than smooth. Makes the dance look incohesive.
Dance Spin - lovely sculptural 1st position, final Bielman position. Level 4, .54 goe
Circ St Seq - Level 2, .97 goe. MUCH improved
Curve Lift - Level 4, .97 goe. Good extension for her, which is usually a problem. But -- seen it a zillion times. She needs to really work on stretch and extension. He does as well.

There is some very interesting and eye-catching choreography here, with its repetition of circular patterns. And they go go go for it. But right now they have ZERO finesse; things can look downright sloppy. And they often sacrifice an enormous amount of speed for difficulty. But trust me, this is an ENORMOUS improvement from the JGP. Plus, they're young and I think they're on an interesting track. Keep an eye on them for the future.

Score: 80.89 and a well deserved SB

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
That exit to the stationary lift where Max spins off in a crouch on his own was interesting.

Last edited:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Charise is definitely off to the 20s

I feel like Med's Orange Coloured Sky costume should have looked like that! Although I guess the first one did...

But this was fun I liked the jazzy steps and the last lift there.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Charise MATTHAEI / Maximilian PFISTERER
Germany
Music: This World Will Remember Me" by Frank Wildhorn, Don Black; "How 'bout A Dance" (reprise) by Frank Wildhorn, Don Black; "This World Will Remember Us" by Frank Wildhorn, Don Black
Choreography by: Stefano Caruso, Barbara Fusar Poli
Costumes: 20s flapper dress in blue and black with headband and black gauntlets for her; black pants and vest with white shirt and matching pocket square for him

Program Layout:

Twizzles - Almost a crash and he slipped. Ouch. Level 4 for her, 3 for him (generous), neg .72 goe
(Nice pepper pot in there. Love a good pepper pot.)
SL Lift - Nicely done. Level 4, .20 goe
Dance Spin - 4, .26 goe
Tempo change
Cir St Seq - A bit bobbly. Level 1, .14 goe
Stationary Lift - good position with stretched out arm for her. Level 4, .35 goe
Tempo change
NT St Seq - bringing the sass. They're learning to DANCE, not just do steps. Level 1 for her, 2 for him, .31 goe. Really tough tech panel.
Chor Char St Seq - very 20s Love her hand positions. No score given
Chor Lift - lovely position for her. Cute. .83 goe

They kept the 20s feel nicely throughout with more sass and personality. Made me want to see a complete quickstep program from them. I enjoyed that. Even if it was rough around the edges.

Score: 74.04

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Mira POLISHOOK / Deividas KIZALA ltu

FD: "Street. Horse. Smell. Candle"(from "Penny Dreadful" soundtrack) by Abel Korzeniowski; " Pilgrims On a Long Journey" by Coeur de Pirate; "Metal Gleamed in the Twilight" by Coeur de Pirate; choreo by Igor Shpilband, Pasquale Camerlengo

Do you really want to skate to something that commands you to Smell?

Mushy emote at each other stuff. Not my cuppa

Last edited:

LaArdilla

Medalist
Wow, Igor looks really rejuvenated! Has he been taking advantage of Croatian sun or something?

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Mira POLISHOOK / Deividas KIZALA *
Lithuania
Music: "Street. Horse. Smell. Candle"(from "Penny Dreadful" soundtrack) by Abel Korzeniowski; " Pilgrims On a Long Journey" by Coeur de Pirate; "Metal Gleamed in the Twilight" by Coeur de Pirate
Choreography by: Igor Shpilband, Pasquale Camerlengo
Costumes: Standard (but lovely) blue dance dress for her; slate blue pants with two toned blue shirt for him

Program Layout:

Chor Spinning Movement - no score given
Twizzles - nice speed and coverage. Could be closer together. Lost sync second set. Level 4 for both, no goe given
Dance Spin - 3 changes of position does with no awkward breaks. Nice. Maintained speed throughout. Level 4, .53 goe
Circ St Seq - most done in hold. Level 1, .69 goe and right into
NT St Seq - Level 1 for her, 2 for him, .31 goe Also nicely continuous
Tempo Change, finally!
Chor Char St Seq - .63 goe
Ro Lift - one arm pickup. Level 4, , .40 goe
Tempo change, back to more new age noodling
Stationary Lift - their height distance makes this look good. Level 4, .46 goe
Final, Oh! Anguished! Love! hugging pose.

The music and the program are of the slightly anguished to show depth new age lyricism. It's all very nice and pretty and at this point a total cliche. As Doris said, not my cuppa.
She has the same pained expression on her face that almost never changes. Work on that dear. Thank you!

Score: 74.93

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I'm an idiot, I forgot earphones so I'm going to have to watch on mute while I go home :hslap: Any good performances I should check out later?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Wunnerful. Pretty in pink dress and lyrical emotive stuff. Again.
But they are doing a nice workmanlike job of it.

Righi & Dubrovin

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I have mixed feelings about that pink shirt now I'm watching on mute

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Francesca RIGHI / Aleksei DUBROVIN
Italy
Music: "Une peu plus haut, un peu plus loin" by Lise Angell; "The Blessing" by Michael W. Smith; "Une peu plus haut, un peu plus loin" by Lise Angell
Choreograph by: Corrado Giordani
Costumes: Peach dress with silver bling for her. Peach to black ombre for him with sparkles!

Program Layout

Twizzles - nice coerage and speed. Level 4 for both, .43 goe
Stationary Lift - slide out. Nicely done. Level 4, .46 goe
Serp St Seq - Dear Lord this tempo may help them get all the turns and edges etc in, but it drags. Taking the easy way out... Level 2, .97 goe
Dance spin - Odd grab of her arm to start the spin. Level 4, .51 goe
Chor Char St Seq - blink and you'll miss it. .83 goe
SL Lift - with cartwheel entrance. He's very secure (but I still want to cut his hair). Level 4, .45 goe
NT St Seq - Level 1 for both, .62 goe
Choreo Lift - best thing here. 1.45 goe

More anguished love. You're young. Have fun. Do a hip hop number.
This music is not recommended for first dates--unless of course you don't want there to be a second. .. It's all a bit much. And they are going for the Draaaaaaaamah!
Definitely hip hop. Or a polka. Anything but more romantic woes please!

Score: 81.86 and a SB