2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 394 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arbitrary

Medalist
Sasha did 4Lz and 4-3 combo but cancelled her second 4T. Or it looked so. I think she didn't plan to do the whole FP this morning. It's enough to feel the ice and do some good jumps. The Lutz and the 4-3 looked good enough to go.

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
??? There was only one jump in the Kamila video, or did I miss anything?

Have to agree about the costumes, though. I’ve always loved Ryabenko‘s costume but so far they‘ve been a miss for me this season. (I‘m assuming it’s her dresses?)
My pardon, it was an extra "s".

I'm actually not hating on Kamila, I just can't stand this program. Yesterday, she was beautiful. This Bolero choreography is all over the place, it doesn't make sense.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Another great dress on Usachyova, makes her look so athletic.
Shulskaya in the top flight, hoping for her to do better compared to yesterday.

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
Can like Team Tutberidze please hire another choreographer? Daniil's not horrible, but that's only if he doesn't have like fifty programs to choreograph. Dasha and Kami deserve better!

trkvy

Match Penalty
Kamila looks slow, her jumps looked terrible and her moves are recycled from Zhenya's Alegria and Alina's Carmen. She looks like a totally different skater compared to yesterday. Is that because of the costume?
Kamila looks fast, her jumps are beautiful, and it was her move who was recycled at Zhenya's Alegria. She looks even better than yesterday. Costume is great, program is iconic.

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
Can like Team Tutberidze please hire another choreographer? Daniil's not horrible, but that's only if he doesn't have like fifty programs to choreograph. Dasha and Kami deserve better

If they love Danny G more than every other choreographer, have him do the seniors and top juniors and then have lots of lower level choreographer for every other skater.

I think they liked Danny G as he's a yes-man for Eteri. He's getting a bit arrogant though...

McBibus

On the Ice
I’m fully on board with this. I want PCS to play a much lesser role, tbh. Those components are impossible to put into numbers objectively, and (don’t @ me on that) they’re not what makes figure skating a sport.
When I see 4-5 quads, it’s an athletic performance of unseen difficulty and quality. When I see masterful stroking, it doesn’t strike me as an athletic achievement. It’s aesthetically very pleasing and beautiful, but not something I would associate with the word athleticism. I would put quads above someone with better stroking any day.
I do enjoy beautiful skating, and I do think it’s difficult to put together and should be appreciated. But quads are quads.
Than why not change figure skating into an x-sport?
If the only thing that count (meaning it will decide the final placement) is jumping, how can you expect to have aesthetically good programs?
The only way is for the "aesthetic score" to count as much as the thecnical score (in the impact it has on the classification not in absolute value).
Too bad, defining how much better "aesthetically" or "artistically" should someone do to compensate a triple vs a quad is impossible to define and it will always be a matter of judgement.
This sport is unique because it lives in the search for an impossible balance between the athletic and the artistic aspect of a performance.
The magic is all there.
Otherwise it's just another acrobatic sport, funny to watch but nothing more

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
I actually really like Anna Frolova's step sequence. Yes, some movements could be more effortless and overall the flow could be better, but the sheer attention to detail and musical alignment is wonderful! Quite rare to see such amount of musical precision gone into choreographing a step sequence. If she improves even more throughout the season (which I am sure she will) then this program could be really good! Like the music requires a lot of maturity and elegance and she's almost there.

Elana

On the Ice
What a nice skate for Shulskaya! Jumps were there, definitely some URs, but she looked solid. Just needs to get into the performance and emotions more and hit stronger checkout positions!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I am so happy for Shul’skaya still and may all the bonuses help Trusova today, I dunno what they will give her, but that was one hell of a skate

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Valieva probably has the worst dresses this season, what a waste. Her skate also wasn't great, she really needs to do something about her jumping axis. I think it's due to her lazy takeoff, that she's always had. She used to be a disaster jumper before going to Eteri, falling on average some 3 times per FS. Hopefully she doesn't go back to that. I also don't like this FS for Valieva, I think she really needs something more like the SP. This isn't her style. Usacheva's FS dress is really good. I still think Usacheva's performing isn't great but she's improving. She has the best skating skills of the field here. Trusova was... fine, I guess. I don't think this program suits her. She won with her jumps, which is business as usual for her of course. Not sure what happened with her first quad though. Speaking of the programs, Usacheva's is suspiciously similar to Trusova's. I'm not sure I can handle an entire season of these music cuts.

By the way, someone needs to make Plushenko's team wear the masks correctly. Having a big nose is no excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.