2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 395 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
This event really showed me Kamila and Dasha's weaknesses and strengths really clearly.

Kamila has amazing lines, wonderful flexibility and quite a natural charm on the ice but she never holds out her movements. I don't know if it's the choreography or what but she always looks likes she's rushing. Better choreography and less rushed movements would really make her skating practically perfect.

Dasha on the other hand has really wonderful ability to perform and keep someone interested in her program. She does lack in emotion sometimes, but I feel like she usually emotes with her movements and though she nearly isn't as fast as Kamila, that's one of her strengths because she does hold out movements (to the best of her extent). Her flexibility and natural flow on the ice really helps to keep a program that is otherwise super messy together.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
Daria easily had the most complete program and should have been the winner but unfortunately doesn't have the technical difficulty which is too bad.

And I have to say she showed more artistry in the first five seconds of her program then Trusova showed in all four minutes of hers. It really exposed the deficiency Trusova has in the components

esteticlove

Final Flight
What an event! Did I tell you that Sasha will smash it as long as she goes (semi)-clear with the ultra-c? Well deserved win! The 4T was huuuge :eek: I felt bad about Kamila, did she hurt her foot? I hope she is not injured... I did not like her costume that much, honestly. I think the one from Test skates would have been better - it was accenting on her hands and complex movements that they have implemented into the choreo.
Daria was also magnificent! She used to have troubles with consistency, but it seems she is on a good path now. Skating after Sasha's monstrous skate wasn't easy, but she did very well. I still feel like Daria should have been 2nd..but it was close.

Honorable mentions - Stanislava and Shlurskaya! Frolova was also soo good, I love her classical style. :clap:

TripleAxelQueens3

Final Flight
I'm sorry to say that I really don't like Kamila's dress.
Is Sasha wearing last year's dress (at Japan Open) or a very similar one? I can't tell. They need to make the first part of her program less empty
She's wearing the old GOT dress and her real dress will be ready by the next stage.

TripleAxelQueens3

Final Flight
Daria easily had the most complete program and should have been the winner but unfortunately doesn't have the technical difficulty which is too bad.

And I have to say she showed more artistry in the first five seconds of her program then Trusova showed in all four minutes of hers. It really exposed the deficiency Trusova has in the components
As much as I love Sasha, I agree. She still has tons to work on in the PCS aspect but it's really nice to see that she's trying.

karina17

Final Flight
If you open Daria's protocol it's actually just...wrong. I'm not even saying this as a "She wuz robbed!", it's literally...factually wrong. The order of her elements listed isn't correct.

Does that happen? I've never seen that before. I guess it changes nothing in the grand scheme of things, it's just strange.

esteticlove

Final Flight
Kamila has amazing lines, wonderful flexibility and quite a natural charm on the ice but she never holds out her movements. I don't know if it's the choreography or what but she always looks likes she's rushing. Better choreography and less rushed movements would really make her skating practically perfect.
I think she tends to rush when she's under huge pressure. I liked the program better at the Test skates, but here was kind of weird (not because of the falls). I am not sure that it fits her that well

kmw227

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I am so, so happy for Sasha! A couple mistakes, but she went out there and fought and came out victorious. Now PLEASE go work on your spin and step levels before your next event, Sasha :pray:

Oh, Kamila. Sure, I was cheering for Sasha to win, but I would never wish a skate like that upon anyone. The two quad toes were almost identical to test skates, but the two lutzes just seemed like silly fluke errors. Luckily, she's got some time before her next event (I think she's at stage 5?) and I have no doubt she'll look amazing there. Now, how much do I need to pay Eteri for her to go back to the black jumpsuit from test skates because this costume :slink:

Daria was lovely as usual, but I really think she should've been second by at least a couple points. It was also very interesting to watch her and Sasha skate to the same music back to back. Overall, I was very impressed by her! Her jumps look as solid as I've ever seen them!

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist
Is Kamila an insect for the second time? I like that costume better than the short. It is so detailed. But I’m trying to figure out how it works with the theme.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Kinda sad to see the only clean Daria to get lower PCS than both Kamila and Sasha who did serious mistakes. Especially considering that Daria isn’t weaker in SS or presentation. It is what it is though.
Overally the component score wasn't as I would put it. E.g. while I appreciate Stasya's improvement, her PCS was 68, just two points behind Daria with still not much comparable quality of their skates.

Poor Kamila is now doing an interview.

Last edited:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Kinda sad to see the only clean Daria to get lower PCS than both Kamila and Sasha who did serious mistakes. Especially considering that Daria isn’t weaker in SS or presentation. It is what it is though.

I'd have given her higher PCS but lower TES.

83 with those contents and that lutz, seems waay too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.