2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 397 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
You can definitely see the improvements Aleksandra has made. Her movements are far more polished and way less awkward.

Unfortunately she still doesn't make any attempt at interpreting music. She looked like a robot going through the motions. There was zero feeling and connection and it was even more obvious because Plushkenko picked music that requires things of her that she just doesn't have at this moment.

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
There's this one post on Instagram (that Yulia and a bunch of other skaters apparently liked): https://www.instagram.com/p/CGM67RdI2ai/?igshid=roiwf71z4ili

But I have to say this is totally unfair (for Algeria and Carmen ofc to be compared to Bolero but also) because they literally took two kind of common movements and used that as evidence that he copied? Like I'm pretty sure there is better evidence out there than just a spin and a position. They're from different programs too, like taking one movement from one program is not copying. So many skaters do split jumps, are they copying?

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
In 2006 you didn't get the UR sign, a jump the TP called UR was automatically downgraded and written up as the lower level version. Could easily be that Lambiel was called UR on that 3A and it was written up as a 2A.
It wasnt under from my memory but haven't watched it in a long time.

meadow

Rinkside
Well, I'm happy for Sasha, but I would have preferred her to win in another way. Anyway, I don't particularly like her FS, I think it's really similar to her programs under Eteri and it underlines a lot of her deficiencies (especially back to back with Daria's FS with the same music).
Right now, every time she tries 3lz-3lo I hold my breath, maybe it should be better to drop it. It also seems like the flip is becoming a real problem. Surely there's a lot of things to improve, but overall I'm very happy for her. Honestly, I don't think Sasha would have done a lot better if she stayed with Eteri, in the best scenario she would have had more or less the same results and problems (minus the lip, maybe).

I'm so sorry for Kamila, she seemed really disappointed. I liked her FS a lot more than during the test skates, but it still isn't my cup of tea. I guess she makes it work, though. Honestly, I would have Daria ahead of her today, but I understand the technical content of Kamila kinda saved her.
Lastly, I'm not a fan of both her dresses, I think the ones she wore during test skates were a lot better.

Daria was really good today. I don't particularly like her music nor her FS choreography, but she is so elegant and lovely that I tend not to notice them while she is skating. The fact that she can make me forget the awful programs that Gleichengauz gives her really says something 😅 Her dress was also very beautiful!
The fact that she was given fewer points in PCS than Sasha and Kamila is ridiculous . I get that she couldn't win because of the technical content, but at least the judges should reward her for her artistry. Overall I think the judging today and yesterday was a little absurd.

I also liked a lot Anna Frolova and Valeria Shulskaya, unfortunately I couldn't watch the first skaters so I can't say anything about them.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Who‘s this Frank?

Also, no sane person wishes injuries on skaters. I just occasionally look through reddit but I have not seen any of the comments you‘re claiming are there. If it does happen, then shame on those people. And what on earth is wrong if a teenage girl under tons of pressure cries when she fails? They‘re human, let them be, for goodness sake

That is just wrong. All reason to hate the judges or the coaches but to wish that on skaters who are only trying to do their best is horrible. No matter the skater.
Ladies figure skating is becoming a very bitter Sport and I don't like it.

Sasha looks good at the start of the season and this was invaluable experiences for Kamila and Dasha. Was it too much too soon for them? I don't think so. I hope not.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
So, i think it's clear that Fed still want to help Trusova. I don't know what happened yesterday (the fact that she got a normal score), but that was a fluke obviously. I hope her "fans" are relieved.
Now i guess that Shcherbakova's 164 doesn't seem that high.
Did Anna do two quads at her cup event? Because I remember she only did one at the test skate while last season she was attempting two.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
For me it isn't. I'm not a fan of the split second spirals (there were still a few of these in Trusovas program). I'd rather see skating like in the men's competition.

It isn't brilliant choreography, but it was better than Daria's choreography in my opinion.
Trusova's choreo looks like one made by a Daniil clone. But the original is better than the copy :biggrin: . That's why Usacheva's is better imo.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
She only did one, the quad flip
That's what I thought. Do you know if they are planning on putting the second back in or not?

I assumed they watered it down because of the combination of the late start to the season and her body changing but I don't see all interviews so that was just a guess

lesnar001

Record Breaker
Ladies figure skating is becoming a very bitter Sport and I don't like it.

Sasha looks good at the start of the season and this was invaluable experiences for Kamila and Dasha. Was it too much too soon for them? I don't think so. I hope not.
Becoming????
It's been like that for a long, long, long, time.
There are just many more places (social media, youtube) for jackasses to spew their venom now.
And some even start their own websites to do it.

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
I think she tends to rush when she's under huge pressure. I liked the program better at the Test skates, but here was kind of weird (not because of the falls). I am not sure that it fits her that well
This program is a huge waste of potential for Kamila. Not her style. Doesn't have good choreography. The first version at Test Skates was much better. I don't know what to say.

eterialskating

On the Ice
Usacheva is like the reincarnation of old Medvedeva. She is almost as good in interpretation skills. Medvedeva is still a better actress though. Best performance of the night. As for Kamila, this FP is just plain terrible. Not a good vehicle to showcase her skills. Maybe tango would be better. Sasha is still the same. Nothing much to see outside of the jumps but congrats on landing the 3A in the SP.

Last edited:

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
She fell once actually. Her score is comparable to what she got internationally last season, with more quads last season yes but also with more mistakes often.

3 quads are 3 quads, you can make up points however you like, but the bv on her programs is way way higher the rest.
She had 1 fall and 1 stepout. Not the worst we've seen. PCS a little bit too generous, but in the end she deserved to win, and Daria deserved to be second unfortunately.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Trusova's choreo looks like one made by a Daniil clone. But the original is better than the copy :biggrin: . That's why Usacheva's is better imo.
Well, as for Sasha free program, today it definitely looked better that at the test skates. I called it jumping to the music a month ago and today it was actually a program. Though still average program.

I liked Kamila's Bolero, it looked much better than at the test skates and from the performance perspective it was very good skate, exactly my taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.