2020 Russian Championships: Nationals Predictions Game Round 1 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2020 Russian Championships: Nationals Predictions Game Round 1

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Hi guys, here is the men’s results. This is my first time doing it, so if I got something wrong, please let me know!

basically, the key to max points was where you’ve placed loveable guy Samarin, if you were skeptical about Mozalev's rising star and if you believed in Ignatov enough to move him in the 4th position.

nobody, not even the Spanish Inquisition, saw Kondratyuk coming in the young and broiling Russian field.

45 points: @yume @skylark @Giu 🥇
40 points: @LadyB 🥈
35 points: @Alex65 @itofan @apgold @purplecat @Lunalovesskating @YuBluByMe @lariko @Jeanie19 @Roo87 @Gia_Sesshoumaru @MGstyle @Loleocadia🥉

Last edited by a moderator:

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Hi guys, here is the men’s results. This is my first time doing it, so if I got something wrong, please let me know!

basically, the key to max points was where you’ve placed loveable guy Samarin, if you were skeptical about Mozalev's rising star and if you believed in Ignatov enough to move him in the 4th position.

nobody, not even the Spanish Inquisition, saw Kondratyuk coming in the young and broiling Russian field.

45 points: @yume @skylark @Giu 🥇
40 points: @LadyB 🥈
35 points: @Alex65 @itofan @apgold @Leocadia @purplecat @Lunalovesskating @YuBluByMe @lariko @Jeanie19 @Roo87 🥉
I think I should be in bronze?
Men

1. Mikhail Kolyada
2. Andrei Mozalev
3. Petr Gumenik
4. Evgeni Semenko
5. Alexander Samarin
6. Artem Kovalev
I had Kolyada and Samarin right (15 each), and Mozalev two places off (as he ended up being fourth) (which should be 5), so 15 + 15 + 5 = 35?

Antoine

Spectator
Country
France
There is an error in the way Ice Dance was counted !
I think there will only be a shift of points not of place 😊

lutz

Rinkside
Ice Dance results are in:

And we have a winner: A round of applause for lutz, who managed to get the podium spot on!!! :bow:
:eek::eek::eek::party2:

MEN:
Mikhail KOLYADA
Andrei MOZALEV
Alexander SAMARIN
Makar IGNATOV
Petr GUMENNIK
I think I got Bronze in Men's, too? I had Kolyada in first and everyone else two places off (15+5+5+5+5=35)

A big thank you to all the scorers and happy holidays, everybody!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
:eek::eek::eek::party2:

I think I got Bronze in Men's, too? I had Kolyada in first and everyone else two places off (15+5+5+5+5=35)

A big thank you to all the scorers and happy holidays, everybody!
I see 15+3x5=30, rather than 35, because Gumennik is not in the top 5. I counted using the rule that only the guesses that include top 5 spots (Kol, Ign, Kon, Moz, Sam) count for correct guesses and should be scored. So, Gumennik, Semenenko and Kovalev always got 0 points

Last edited:

Weathergal

Medalist
Pairs results

Gold
with 65 points - CaroLiza_fan

Silver with 55 points - NYscorp6, Roo87, Sherlock Marple, Tyranid

Bronze
with 45 points - 4everchan, Alex65, alyssamarie, apgold, cabres, CrazyKittenLady, flanker, GINO, GoneWithTheWind, Gourlie, icedance, IndiaP12, LadyB, ladyjane, Lamente Ariane, lariko, Leocadia, Lunalovesskating, macy, MGstyle, MrECartman, Pandicorn, skylark, SnowWhite, Weathergal, YuBluByMe

Congratulations to all the medalists! :clap:

Although many people had the the medal-winning skaters in their top five, no one guessed the podium correctly. The most common correct prediction was putting Panfilova / Rylov in fifth place. Some of the more common missed ones were putting Mishina / Galliamov in first or second place instead of fourth and/or putting Pavliuchenko / Khodykin in fourth or fifth place instead of third. Also several people had Boikova / Kozlovskii in first instead of second.

The score sheet is updated. If I've made any errors, please PM me.

I hope everyone who celebrates Christmas had a wonderful holiday 🎄, and I wish you all peace for the New Year ☮️!

Last edited:

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Hi all! I’m unexpectedly away from my laptop this afternoon; will post the ladies’ results asap tonight or tomorrow morning.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Pairs results

Gold
with 65 points - CaroLiza_fan

Silver with 55 points - NYscorp6, Roo87, Sherlock Marple, Tyranid

Bronze
with 45 points - 4everchan, Alex65, alyssamarie, apgold, cabres, CrazyKittenLady, flanker, GINO, GoneWithTheWind, Gourlie, icedance, IndiaP12, LadyB, ladyjane, Lamente Ariane, lariko, Leocadia, Lunalovesskating, macy, MGstyle, MrECartman, Pandicorn, skylark, SnowWhite, Weathergal, YuBluByMe

Congratulations to all the medalists! :clap:
So, I'm getting Silver in a very weird Men's comp and Bronze in my favourite discipline! :p Well, I ain't complaining!
Wowza @CaroLiza_fan , congrats!

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
LADIES RESULTS

First: If you happened to have Alena K in your predictions, no worries. Your picks (at her spot & below) were just moved up one spot, with your #6 becoming #5.

The big mistake most of us made was having Elizaveta T. too high -- a few even had her winning. Our gold medalists took two different paths to their winning score of 65. Jontor had places 3-5 correct, switching only 1 & 2. The others (Antoine, FayD, icedance and Jeanie19) all had places 1-4 correct, and then got just 5 points by placing Elizaveta in 5th (she was 7th).

Gold with 65 points: Antoine, FayD, icedance, Jeanie19 and Jontour,

Silver
with 55 points: Alexcdj, Dreamer57, elecktra blue, flanker, Gourlie, gsk8, indiaP12, itofan, lunalovesskating, NYscorp6, purplecat, Skatesocs, SnowWhite, YuBluByMe

Bronze
with 50 points: Giu, GoneWithTheWind

At the moment, I'm unable to access the scoresheet, but will enter all scores ASAP.
Please PM me if you think I've made an error.

Congrats to all the medalists!

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
LADIES RESULTS

First: If you happened to have Alena K in your predictions, no worries. Your picks (at her spot & below) were just moved up one spot, with your #6 becoming #5.

The big mistake most of us made was having Elizaveta T. too high -- a few even had her winning. Our gold medalists took two different paths to their winning score of 65. Jontor had places 3-5 correct, switching only 1 & 2. The others (Antoine, FayD, icedance and Jeanie19) all had places 1-4 correct, and then got just 5 points by placing Elizaveta in 5th (she was 7th).

Gold with 65 points: Antoine, FayD, icedance, Jeanie19 and Jontour,

Silver
with 55 points: Alexcdj, Dreamer57, elecktra blue, flanker, Gourlie, gsk8, indiaP12, itofan, lunalovesskating, NYscorp6, purplecat, Skatesocs, SnowWhite, YuBluByMe

Bronze
with 50 points: Giu, GoneWithTheWind

At the moment, I'm unable to access the scoresheet, but will enter all scores ASAP.
Please PM me if you think I've made an error.

Congrats to all the medalists!
I think this is my first gold in ladies. :yahoo: