2020 Russian Championships: Nationals Predictions Game Round 1 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2020 Russian Championships: Nationals Predictions Game Round 1

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, I am amazed and not a little puff-chested ... to have gotten a Gold in Men! a Silver in Dance! and a Bronze in Pairs! :dance3:

First time for everything. :dance3:

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
A gold in Ladies this year again! Yay :yahoo: I think I was the only one who had Maiia in 5th, so that probably did it because I was wrong with Valieva first and Shcherbakova 2nd. I shouldn't have doubted my girl Anna. Darn. Last year I had the whole top five right...

Silver in dance - I'll take that as I am terrible at predicting dance!!

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
More weirdness:

I got a gold medal 🥇in the Men's division, with 45 points.

I got a bronze medal 🥉for the Pairs division, with 45 points.

I got NO medal for the Ladies division, with 45 points. But I'm proud that I predicted :points:Anna for 🥇

Then, the aberration: I got a silver medal 🥈for ice dance, with 65 points!

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank you to all the scorers! Here are the final overall results. Awards coming unless you already have one :)

NYscorp6205Gold
icedance200Silver
skylark200Silver
YuBluByMe200Silver
flanker195Bronze
Gourlie195Bronze

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
LADIES RESULTS

Please PM me if you think I've made an error.

I feel a bit sheepish asking this, because of the bother you guys have had over the past few weeks due to me. But, did I really score 0 points in Russian Ladies?

Or was it simply the case that, because I somehow forgot to include myself when pasting in the names of the players to the original scoresheet, you didn't know where to put my score.

I've said it in a few threads now, but sorry again for this big mess.

CaroLiza_fan

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
I feel a bit sheepish asking this, because of the bother you guys have had over the past few weeks due to me. But, did I really score 0 points in Russian Ladies?

Or was it simply the case that, because I somehow forgot to include myself when pasting in the names of the players to the original scoresheet, you didn't know where to put my score.

I've said it in a few threads now, but sorry again for this big mess.

CaroLiza_fan
I’ll look at your score again when i get home tomorrow, but i’m pretty sure you were more than 2 spots off on each pick :(

I just looked back in this thread & these were your picks ... i don’t see any points.

Ladies

1. Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA, SPB
  2. Sofia SAMODUROVA, SPB
  3. Anastasia TARAKANOVA, MOS
  4. Elizaveta NUGUMANOVA, SPB
  5. Stanislava KONSTANTINOVA, SPB

Last edited:

Antoine

Spectator
Country
France
I got an overall individual 5th place, as usual ahah...
With Gold in Ladies, a 6th place in men, a Chocolate Medal in Pairs and Silver in Dance !

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I’ll look at your score again when i get home tomorrow, but i’m pretty sure you were more than 2 spots off on each pick :(

I just looked back in this thread & these were your picks ... i don’t see any points.

Ladies

1. Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA, SPB
  2. Sofia SAMODUROVA, SPB
  3. Anastasia TARAKANOVA, MOS
  4. Elizaveta NUGUMANOVA, SPB
  5. Stanislava KONSTANTINOVA, SPB

Yeah, I knew I was taking a chance with these choices, but I kinda thought with Kostornaia being out that I would have at least got something for Tuktamysheva. Guess that means she didn't get onto the podium, then. :disapp: (I haven't actually watched it yet, and have been avoiding spoilers).

Anyway, I just made out the normal final positions post that I use to round up each Predictions Game, and this tactic with the Russian Ladies has proved to be VERY costly in the final Ladies and Overall positions. So, I would not advise anybody to do this again.

The post can be found at:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/posts/2701923/

Thank you again to you and the other scorers for stepping in when I was out of action.

CaroLiza_fan