2021-22 Russian Nationals: Rhythm Dance | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Russian Nationals: Rhythm Dance

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
My goodness! That's the second time this season a programme has started, and I thought we were going to have some stripping! (Can't remember who had the other programme, or what made me think that we were going to get it).

But, much as I love Joe Cocker, and even though it is his own song, I do not like his version of "You Can Leave Your Hat On".

why is Nikita wearing a shirt that large? what is he hiding? a 3rd arm?

Moving swiftly on...

More like why is he wearing his pyjama top?

CaroLiza_fan

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Waaaa there's an hour till pairs?

I consumed a large hot bowl of calories to stay awake, and it might be for naught.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Is there by any chance an Opening Ceremony coming up now? They've finally done what we were calling for this morning, and turned off the lights!

CaroLiza_fan

litenkyckling

Final Flight
I have never seen an interview with Diana and Gleb before. But, I found it fascinating watching Diana concentrating hard when the questions were being asked. Particularly when the female interviewer was talking.

I have so much admiration for people that lip-read. Such a skill.

I struggle making out what people are saying when they are talking fast. But, I can't even imagine what it would be like if they were talking fast and you were having to read their lips.

And so much admiration for Diana in particular who is able to do this sport where so much is based around interpreting music, despite her hearing problems.

CaroLiza_fan
she actually has said that she doesn't have hearing problems any more - and that they were never as bad as it was made out.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Is there by any chance an Opening Ceremony coming up now? They've finally done what we were calling for this morning, and turned off the lights!

CaroLiza_fan

To answer my own question - yes. It's just started.

I've posted about it in the General Info thread, so if you want to chat over there...

CaroLiza_fan

decafjava

On the Ice
Country
Switzerland
Mmmmm. Well Diana was definitely lip-reading with that female interviewer. When she was asking questions, Diana was having to lean in and stare intensely at her face.

Admittedly, she didn't seem to have any bother when the male interviewer or Gleb were talking. So, maybe it is just certain pitches that she still has difficulty with.

But, whatever she may say, what we saw says that it is not perfect.

CaroLiza_fan
I had no idea she had hearing issues, wow.

sk8dc

On the Ice
She had hearing loss of 3rd grade (of four) since her 2 y.o. after wrong antibiotics were prescribed to her.
If she cannot heAr the reporter, how does she hear the music and rhythm? No timing issues? Hmmm….

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
If she cannot heAr the reporter, how does she hear the music and rhythm? No timing issues? Hmmm….
Because it is not the same thing. Language is far more rich in sonic spectral detail compared to music/melodies. Those details carry far more relevant information for language than needed for recognizing a song. With rhythm it's even easier.