2021-22 South Korean Figure Skating | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2021-22 South Korean Figure Skating

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Where's Yeonjeong Park? :scratch2:
I'd like to know that as well, coach Hong Yeseul(Yeonjeong's coach) hasn't posted anything on Instagram and it's basically the only news source we have. I just hope it's not an injury :pray:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
So finally KSU has announced how they're going to hold JGP selections, it's going to be like how the US selection pool thing worked. As in, one video with a KSU official present will be filmed then judged. I'm guessing this means no videos (sigh)

Also, a change in the way tickets are handed out: 2 tickets each for 5 women, 1 ticket each for four women. Similar with the men, two tickets each for the top 2 and one ticket each for the 3rd and 4th ranked man. ID remains the same.

Last edited:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
So the judging for the JGP selections (held virtually via video submission) has concluded for the SPs and RD. No videos uploaded anywhere (at least yet) as expected :bang: but here are the protocols. The results so far:

Junior Women

1. Yun Ahsun 61.91
2. Ji Seoyeon 57.96
3. Kim Chaeyeon 55.71
4. Kim Minchae 52.67
5. Moon Boin 52.08
6. Jung Yean 48.93
7. Han Heesue 48.83
8. Shin Jia 48.25
9. Lee Siwon 48.22
10. Song Siwoo 48.14
11. Hwang Chaebin 46.92
12. Kang Eunsoo 39.33
13. Jeon Subeen 37.10
14. Kim Seoyoung 35.52

Junior Men

1. Cha Younghyun 59.91
2. Lee Jaekeun 58.10
3. Kim Hyungyeom 57.83
4. Jeong Deokhoon 55.63
5. Kim Hangil 53.24

Junior Ice Dance

1. Lim/Quan 49.23

ID is already decided and the men are so far as expected (though I'm sad that my tesoro Younghyun's 3A isn't quite there yet), with the women Ahsun leads with Seoyeon, Chaeyeon, and Minchae following as expected but Jia is lower than I thought she would be after a fall on her 3Lz+3T. We'll have to see after the FS, and dear lord I want Siwon to have a spot so bad please let her hang onto 9th place (or better :pray:)

Edit: I'm an idiot I missed Hangil's score

Last edited:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Final Protocols for JGP selections
Junior Women final results

1. Yun Ahsun 180.56
2. Ji Seoyeon 174.70
3. Kim Chaeyeon 167.03
4. Shin Jia 160.84
5. Kim Minchae 158.66
--- 2 tickets each
6. Moon Boin 151.09
7. Song Siwoo 140.18
8. Hwang Chaebin 137.96
9. Han Heesue 137.88
--- 1 ticket each
10. Lee Siwon 137.54
11. Jung Yean 130.10
12. Kang Eunsoo 124.46
13. Kim Seoyoung 119.95
14. Jeon Subeen 103.75

Junior Men final results

1. Cha Younghyun 170.86
2. Kim Hyungyeom 167.57
--- 2 tickets each
3. Lee Jaekeun 163.31
4. Kim Hangil 157.15
--- 1 ticket each
5. Jeong Deokhoon 153.24

Junior ID final results

1. Lim/Quan 138.63

Edit: the goddamn KSU apparently made a miscalculation and the rankings changed for the women :palmf: the protocol link is also updated

Last edited:

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Happy for Yun, Ji and Kim. Nice to see my favourite Korean juniors in good shape heading to the Junior Grand Prix circuit.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
A couple of years ago, I read an article on a young Korean skater whose Mom was the driving force behind her daughter's skating. I forget her name. Does that ring a bell? She'd been taken out of school, and been an ice bunny her whole life. Seemed very abusive. I'm just wondering if she's still skating?

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
A couple of years ago, I read an article on a young Korean skater whose Mom was the driving force behind her daughter's skating. I forget her name. Does that ring a bell? She'd been taken out of school, and been an ice bunny her whole life. Seemed very abusive. I'm just wondering if she's still skating?
are you sure it was a Korean and not a Chinese? because your description reminded me of a young chinese skater

Briananing

On the Ice
Pretty sure you are talking about An Xiangyi, nicknamed Nini. She is a chinese figure skater. Yes, she is still skating. She should have debuted last season but there was no JGP.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Selections for Nebelhorn Trophy and Universiade will take place virtually on on 8.19-20, judging will be done on the 21st-22nd. Protocols (and hopefully videos) will be uploaded after the judging is over.

The Nebelhorn spot is Sihyeong's to take (and claim his place at the Olympics), wonder who will be going to the Universiade. Will post the results and protocols (and videos, if available) when they're uploaded.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Selections for Nebelhorn Trophy and Universiade will take place virtually on on 8.19-20, judging will be done on the 21st-22nd. Protocols (and hopefully videos) will be uploaded after the judging is over.

The Nebelhorn spot is Sihyeong's to take (and claim his place at the Olympics), wonder who will be going to the Universiade. Will post the results and protocols (and videos, if available) when they're uploaded.
Thanks for all your updates. Every time I see you with a new post on this chat, I get excited. Thanks for keeping us updated.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I'm no longer seeing Hangil Kim listed for the men for the first JGP. The junior women are still listed, as are Lim/Quan.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Entries for the Nebelhorn/Universiade selections:

Women: Choi Dabin, Lee Hyunsoo, Kim Nahyun, Kim Haneul
Men: Kyeong Jaeseok, Park Geonwoo, Lee Sihyeong, Jeong Deokhoon
ID: Min/Eaton

As I mentioned the Nebelhorn spot is Sihyeong's to take, and I'm expecting Jaeseok with his brand-new 3A to get the Universiade spot. For the women, Haneul will probably come on top but the point is that Dabin is back!!!

Will post the results, protocols, and hopefully videos when they're up, and now I've got to go and catch up on Cranberry Cup

Briananing

On the Ice
Entries for the Nebelhorn/Universiade selections:

Women: Choi Dabin, Lee Hyunsoo, Kim Nahyun, Kim Haneul
Men: Kyeong Jaeseok, Park Geonwoo, Lee Sihyeong, Jeong Deokhoon
ID: Min/Eaton

As I mentioned the Nebelhorn spot is Sihyeong's to take, and I'm expecting Jaeseok with his brand-new 3A to get the Universiade spot. For the women, Haneul will probably come on top but the point is that Dabin is back!!!

Will post the results, protocols, and hopefully videos when they're up, and now I've got to go and catch up on Cranberry Cup
Dabin is probably looking to have a closure on Universiade, the other girls are still in High school right ?? Her cb news made me wish we have another season or atleast skating performance on skating shows for Park Soyoun. Such a pity we never see her full potential unleash.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Dabin is probably looking to have a closure on Universiade, the other girls are still in High school right ?? Her cb news made me wish we have another season or atleast skating performance on skating shows for Park Soyoun. Such a pity we never see her full potential unleash.
No, all the other girls are college students. Like, it's not named Universiade for nothing. And thinking about Soyoun makes me sad so I'm avoiding it (weeps)

Briananing

On the Ice
No, all the other girls are college students. Like, it's not named Universiade for nothing. And thinking about Soyoun makes me sad so I'm avoiding it (weeps)
No no, what I mean was the current Korean top girls, that is why Dabin has a large chance to get chosen for Universiade even though she has been missing for a while.