2021-22 South Korean Figure Skating

kmw227

On the Ice
Country
United-States
More Challenger entries for the Koreans:

Cup of Austria - Yeonjeong
Warsaw Cup - Hangil Kim, Minchae, Yeonjeong

So happy to see Yeonjeong getting lots of international events and good to see Minchae get a senior Challenger as well! I always forget she's already senior eligible :laugh:

Skatesocs

Final Flight
Hm, that’s a shame. And she‘s at Skate Canada, too, that‘s…not good. There‘s so many strong women with ultra-c there, I fear for her chances at a good placement. :(
Yeah... Personally I'm hoping to see her Homage to Korea interpretation (... And also to make sure to log off if she gets 67 or something to someone else's 73)

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
More Challenger entries for the Koreans:

Cup of Austria - Yeonjeong
Warsaw Cup - Hangil Kim, Minchae, Yeonjeong

So happy to see Yeonjeong getting lots of international events and good to see Minchae get a senior Challenger as well! I always forget she's already senior eligible :laugh:
This made my day. Yeomjeong Park was phenomenal in her last event. My dark horse pick to make it to the Olympics and represent Korea. Also, Minchae, was my favourite Korean skater from the Junior Circuit. Looking forward to these upcoming events knowing these skaters will be there.

ana

On the Ice
Any news about Eunsoo Lim? When may we see her skating this season?

ana

On the Ice
I can't wait to see her, she is an artistic skater with beautiful spins and programmes.

lurkerghost1

On the Ice
Well at a different judging panel Young would have won silver. But still a great performance overall and a score that no other Korean can touch. If she stays with Hamada through the fall she should be able to fix her under rotations.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
When Young is with Hamada she seems to be a different and more confident skater. She was so close to second place and upsetting one of the Eteri Girls. Wishing her luck for the rest of the season.

Lzbee

Final Flight
Young You had the performance of the night for me, I actually almost cried! I LOVE how her program has the less used parts of Les Mis and I think it suits her very well. Wishing her all the luck for the rest of the season.

Yelim was also great. Shame about the fall but I thought her performance skills are really improving as I used to find her a bit too cold. She's fast and her jumps are soooo big, it's a thrill to watch.

I would love to see both of these girls at the Olympics but I know Korea has more very capable girls who will challenge them!

Briananing

On the Ice
I don't know about you guys, but I keep replaying Young's FS perfomance for countless times. Like I can't believe that she finally enjoy her program. It has been forever. The last time she was like this was in her junior years, I hope she would only get better and better as this season goes. Manifesting Young with 2 beautiful and clean programs at The Olympic next year.

kmw227

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I don't know about you guys, but I keep replaying Young's FS perfomance for countless times. Like I can't believe that she finally enjoy her program. It has been forever. The last time she was like this was in her junior years, I hope she would only get better and better as this season goes. Manifesting Young with 2 beautiful and clean programs at The Olympic next year.
I've already rewatched it a lot too, the best performance of the night for me :love2:

ptvvibezz

MK forever
Final Flight
Country
United-States
I've only ever been in tears after one skate before today, Michelle's Lyra Angelica at Nationals but Young's FS today is the second time I've been in tears. The last minute of the skate is just filled with emotion. Hoping Young can sneak into the GPF and possibly top 6 at the Olympics :pray:

lurkerghost1

On the Ice
Young You had the performance of the night for me, I actually almost cried! I LOVE how her program has the less used parts of Les Mis and I think it suits her very well. Wishing her all the luck for the rest of the season.

Yelim was also great. Shame about the fall but I thought her performance skills are really improving as I used to find her a bit too cold. She's fast and her jumps are soooo big, it's a thrill to watch.

I would love to see both of these girls at the Olympics but I know Korea has more very capable girls who will challenge them!
They are for sure the favorites for the Olympics right now because Eunsoo and Haein struggle too much with underrotations and pops right now. However if Yelim continues making mistakes in the free skate she could still lose it.

Side note, I think right now Korean ladies has the 2nd best depth in the world. In terms of who can score 190+ points, Russia has a bajilion (20 at least that I can think of), Japan has about 7 (Kihira Sakamoto Miyahara Higuchi Kawabe Mihara Matsuike) and the US 7 as well (Tennell Bell Chen Liu Glenn Thorngren Levito). Korea on the other hand has Young Yelim Haein Eunsoo Ahsun Seoyeong Yeonjeong Minchae Chaeyeon - 9 total! And their ranks are growig quickly