2021-22 South Korean Figure Skating | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2021-22 South Korean Figure Skating

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I can't comment on the ladies because I am so biased for the Korean and Japanese skaters. Would love to see Korean nats. My wife and I rewatched Yuna's win for the 100th time at 2013 Worlds London Ontario yesterday. I was there but I love listening to Scotty narrate the free....after two jumping passes, he and his co announcer dont say anything...not a peep.....For me, That was the greatest skate of all time of any disipline I have ever seen, live or on TV, and I feel honored in seeing the Korean ladies such as I saw at SA Vegas. I don't care about the scores, I care about a performance that makes me feel. :)
Lake Placid, 2009
yuna.JPG
yuna poster.JPG

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The entries for Nats have been uploaded, I'll make a thread with the schedule and starting orders when I get home
Awesome! Looking forward to it. Love these events. When does this event take place so I can mark it in my calendar?

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Unofficial men's Olympic(and Worlds), main, and reserve team:

Olympic: Cha Junhwan, Lee Sihyeong
Main: Cha Junhwan, Lee Sihyeong, Kyeong Jaeseok, Lim Juheon
Reserve: Cha Younghyun, Lee Jaekeun, Kim Hyungyeom

Edit: JW team: Cha Younghyun, Kim Hangil

Last edited:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Unofficial women's Olympic(and Worlds), JW, main, and reserve team:

Olympic: You Young, Kim Yelim
Main: You Young, Kim Yelim, Yun Ahsun, Lee Haein, Shin Jia, Kim Chaeyeon, Wi Seoyeong, Ji Seoyeon
Reserve: Kim Minchae, Lim Eunsoo, Park Yeonjeong, Han Heesue, Moon Boin, Kim Haneul, Kwon Minsol (J) Lee Siwon, Kang Eunsoo
JW: Lee Haein, Wi Seoyoung, Shin Jia

Edit: I forgot last season junior minimums hold this season :palmf: updated the JW team

Last edited:

lurkerghost1

On the Ice

Main: You Young, Kim Yelim, Yun Ahsun, Lee Haein, Shin Jia, Kim Chaeyeon, Wi Seoyeong, Ji Seoyeon
Reserve: Kim Minchae, Lim Eunsoo, Park Yeonjeong, Han Heesue, Moon Boin, Kim Haneul, Kwon Minsol (J) Lee Siwon, Kang Eunsoo

Edit: I forgot last season junior minimums hold this season :palmf: updated the JW team
Not a fan of them sending Haein to Junior worlds, she’s unlikely to medal there although 4th-5th is possible and it will only lower her PCS I think in the long run. Haein has 4CC already and Ahsun or Minchae would be fine for Junior worlds.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Not a fan of them sending Haein to Junior worlds, she’s unlikely to medal there although 4th-5th is possible and it will only lower her PCS I think in the long run. Haein has 4CC already and Ahsun or Minchae would be fine for Junior worlds.
I'm no big fan of Haein and my beloved Seoyoung going either, but KSU is going to KSU

elliana

On the Ice
When you say main vs. reserve team does this mean the main team is getting GP assignments next season?

Unless the reserve team gets funding I don't know how they stay motivated enough to continue training when they may not get assignments at all. Just curious.

lurkerghost1

On the Ice
When you say main vs. reserve team does this mean the main team is getting GP assignments next season?

Unless the reserve team gets funding I don't know how they stay motivated enough to continue training when they may not get assignments at all. Just curious.
It's a funding question, GP assignments are decided by the ISU and the hosting federation. Right now I can only say confidently that Young and Yelim will both get two next year. If Haein gets a personal best at 4CC or junior worlds (205+) then she will too. Eunsoo's world standing is going to drop a ton when 20-21 season is removed from the calculation so I'm not sure if she'll get any.

Next season Minchae, Ahsun, and Chaeyeon will all be senior eligible I believe but they don't have the scores or the rankings to guarantee GP. Best chance for them is to be assigned to an early-season challenger and score high enough to get on the substitute list like Rika in 18-19.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

Wow! Not the Junior Worlds we thought. But, happy to see my favourite Haein Lee there and some with Wi. I like this team.

Briananing

On the Ice
So this means that Eunsoo is still going to fight right ? She is not leaving the sport yet ? Bcs I personally think as long as she get rid of her mental block, she still has her place in the sport. No one is as shiny as her (well may be Marin & Aliona) but unlike Marin, Eunsoo is actually a talented jumper and unlike Aliona, Eunsoo has tight position on the air.

Reactions: ana

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
So this means that Eunsoo is still going to fight right ? She is not leaving the sport yet ? Bcs I personally think as long as she get rid of her mental block, she still has her place in the sport. No one is as shiny as her (well may be Marin & Aliona) but unlike Marin, Eunsoo is actually a talented jumper and unlike Aliona, Eunsoo has tight position on the air.
I can only hope, but my darling squirtle will do what's best for her and I will support her no matter what