2021 Rostelecom Cup: Rhythm Dance | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2021 Rostelecom Cup: Rhythm Dance

rollerblade

Record Breaker
I kind of think that “misguided attempts at sultry” is the theme of this comp.

Someone—I think it was Lamente—commented at the last showing of this that they are aiming for sultry but landing squarely in goofy, and I think that is absolutely the perfect description of this. It cracks me up, and not in a good way
Sinitsina was sexy (love her dress!), while Katsalapov was doing his best dad dance.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Thanks. I hated it. I don't want to be a hater but how do the judges pretend this is top 2 in the World? I'm so confused by this team's scores. It's always so messy.
Heavy, heavy politicking going on behind the scenes. Some tech and judging panels desperately want us all to believe that S/K are on par with P/C, (or even H/D), but they are not in skills, composition, nor performance.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
my partner just said "she looks like she's being made to dance with her wee geeky cousin at a family party"
are you referring to H/B? this is exactly one of the reasons why a deeply love jean Luc anyway, he has that weird nerd kid at the homecoming dance look
Nothing says “bad to the bone” quite like a gold sequined bra and a teeny gold chain on your miniskirt :)
it's short for bad taste, Seven :LOL:
When pandemic is over, I'll make a trip to Lithuania
and Czech Republic, don't forget Czech Republic. I and @Ichatdelune have a theory about that country to confirm.:wink:
The unison and precision of G/F blows me away, every time. I saw this live at Skate Canada and was so enthralled that I spilled wine all over my Italian flag
wich makes it very italian, i'm honored 😜
So stop watching then or at least stop derailing this tread.
noooooooooooooo!!!! please nooooo, what should i read when i can't watch live? she's so entertaining, me love me some conspiracy theorist now and then!

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Seeing this 5th placement for H/B, I am officially worried about their getting that 3d spot at the Olys. I agree with someone previously saying that they have plateaued. And it pains me to say that because I love them!

LadyB

Record Breaker
Loved SinKats, of course! After their rather boring performances over the past two seasons, this is really fab.
G/F are such fun to watch, as always. I’d almost forgotten how brilliant they are to watch live.
I love K/B and S/A alike, but in the RD, S/A is defo my favourite.
This RD by H/K doesn’t do it for me. It’s Smart/Díaz for me this year. as far as Spain is concerned.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Seeing this 5th placement for H/B, I am officially worried about their getting that 3d spot at the Olys. I agree with someone previously saying that they have plateaued. And it pains me to say that because I love them!
I wouldn't worry. This is a good start for them post-concussion. They hit 3/4 Blues levels, had a great lift and generally looked steady It needs a lot more polish but the bones are solid. More time will fix the performance issues they have as well as the tech. As Mark said about the L1 step seq, they will have no trouble fixing that with more practice. I think the presentation was down as Kaitlin needed to concentrate today a bit more. I'd rather they played a bit safe and not have a set back.Once they feel well enough to have fun, they will sell this better.

brigit66

On the Ice
Loved SinKats, of course! After their rather boring performances over the past two seasons, this is really fab.
G/F are such fun to watch, as always. I’d almost forgotten how brilliant they are to watch live.
I love K/B and S/A alike, but in the RD, S/A is defo my favourite.
This RD by H/K doesn’t do it for me. It’s Smart/Díaz for me this year. as far as Spain is concerned.
Their tango wasnt boring, it was quite nice, actually ..their last short is cringy and tacky

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
are you referring to H/B? this is exactly one of the reasons why a deeply love jean Luc anyway, he has that weird nerd kid at the homecoming dance look
He is the ultimate underdog you can't help but want him to succeed. His lovely sidekick Kaitlin is also overcoming the odds. Who says teams can't be similar in height? Charlene & Marco do just fine as did World Champs Denkova/Staviski. Just when you think they are only funny, they pull out a beautiful classic piece and draw you in with their edgework.

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Sad to see that Hawayek and Baker's career has basically plateau'd. I guess their size and lack power will always hold them back. I always held out hope.
I wonder if they might benefit from a change of coaching team? Many of their last few programmes haven't really suited them, IMHO, and are too similar to those of other Montreal Academy teams. They're both amazing skaters, but Jean-Luc in particular really stands out amongst Ice Dance men. I don't understand why they've not progressed either, @GGFan