2023 CS Denis Ten Memorial Challenge Women's Free Skate | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2023 CS Denis Ten Memorial Challenge Women's Free Skate

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Love some good dress change! Though I wished the gloves would change to purple as well :biggrin:
Haha I was thinking that too! Not sure how that would possibly work alas.

I stayed up to see Maria C from Aussieland, but alas she's having a hard time. She sure jumps high and far though even if her landings aren't the best.

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Mashas dress is simple but very pretty and elegant :love:

A nightmare skate :(

Sadly the free didnt go as well as the free for her, but props for trying singles again after really long time in pairs :clap:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Being out of Singles skating for so long didn't seem to affect Maria in the Short, but I think the rustiness caught up with her in the Free.

Well, I'm sure she'll get fully back into the swing of things soon, and improve as the season goes on.

CaroLiza_fan

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am out- I canot stay awake any longer. I'll take a nap and be back for France RD I hope.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Me too it's nearly 11:30pm in Aussieland so I'm off :bed:

Good luck to the last group of ladies and any other skaters who are competing today!

Sadly the free didnt go as well as the free for her, but props for trying singles again after really long time in pairs :clap:
I thought her name was familiar! Wasn't she skating pairs in Russia last season? Or am I mixing her up with someone else?

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Me too it's nearly 11:30pm in Aussieland so I'm off :bed:

Good luck to the last group of ladies and any other skaters who are competing today!

I thought her name was familiar! Wasn't she skating pairs in Russia last season? Or am I mixing her up with someone else?
You're mistaking her with someone else. She has been skating in pairs for Australia for 2 seasons now but she did compete in Russia in pairs as well but that was a while ago.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

She was Harley's new partner when he came back after losing Katya.

Now that you mention it, I too have a feeling Maria did something in Russia after they split up last season. Perhaps a few small competitions in Singles, or trying out for a new Pairs partner. But, I'm not sure. We might both be wrong.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
ABBA for Alina!!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

"SOS" is a song you don't hear being skated to too often, but I would love to see it used more often.

On, no. Some awful cover of "Mamma Mia" following it. Is this Glee or something?! It's that bad I don't think I want to know!

The music choice was so promising when we had real ABBA at the start. But then it went downhill.

Skating didn't go downhill, though. She was good!

CaroLiza_fan

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
She was Harley's new partner when he came back after losing Katya.

Now that you mention it, I too have a feeling Maria did something in Russia after they split up last season. Perhaps a few small competitions in Singles, or trying out for a new Pairs partner. But, I'm not sure. We might both be wrong.

CaroLiza_fan
Oh yes, that's right!

I remembered that as I was nodding off to sleep last night.

You're mistaking her with someone else. She has been skating in pairs for Australia for 2 seasons now but she did compete in Russia in pairs as well but that was a while ago.
Thanks for the info. I'm sure there's a pairs girl with the same last name as her who competed as a junior in Russian pairs last season, but she and her partner had to break up because of the new age rule, which was a real bummer. Not sure what she's up to now though.