2023 CS Denis Ten Memorial Challenge Free Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2023 CS Denis Ten Memorial Challenge Free Dance

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was surprised to see Helena & Oleksandr finish so high yesterday. I wanted to rewatch, but can't.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
8 Milla Ruud REITAN / Nikolaj MAJOROV SWE - A story program to The Spy and the Liar by Shell Games, Jared Emerson-Johnson, Mike Geier and I Expect You To Die by Bonnie Bogovich. The Yinzer Singers (choir). A new way to do a Bond program without using Bond music. I love it and Milla and Nikolaj look great.

Mmmm. I knew the line "I expect you to die" was from a Bond film ("Goldfinger"), so because I didn't recognise the song, I asssumed it was from the new film that is coming (recent Bond films have liked to include references to old Bond films). So, it isn't actually a Bond song then.

I love myself a James Bond programme. Even if it involves Billie Eilish, who I cannot stand. So, it will not surprise you that I loved absolutely everything about the programme.

I said it yesterday, and I will say it again today. I cannot get over how good an Ice Dancer Nikolaj is already.

This is a partnership that is going to cause a lot of surprises as the season goes on.

CaroLiza_fan

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
9 Adrienne CARHART / Oleksandr KOLOSOVSKYI AZE skate to FD: “Skyfall” by Adele ; “Square Escape” by Hans Zimmer. She in cream and he in black tux without the tie.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sasha is such a striking figure. He is so good and stole my attention yesterday. She looks very expensive and a bit like Tessa Virtue..

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well, I declared my love for James Bond programmes after the previous partnership, so it will not surprise you that I loved this programme too!

That said, although Adrienne and Oleksandr were good, I think I preferred Milla and Nikolaj.

There was only 0.03 between them after the Short, so it's a toss up as to who will be the premium Bond.

5th in the FD, and 3rd overall.

They do not look happy. At all!

CaroLiza_fan

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well that is more where I expected them to place. Her skills are not as good as his. I like them, I don't love them.

I did really like Karla Maria & Kai and thought they would score higher.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
10 Zoe LARSON / Andrii KAPRAN UKR she in bright burgundy and he is black leather skating to
Belle (from "Notre Dame de Paris") by Luc Plamondon, Richard Cocciante perfomed by Garou
Les Sans Papiers (from "Notre Dame de Paris") by Luc Plamondon, Richard Cocciante
Belle (from "Notre Dame de Paris") by Luc Plamondon, Richard Cocciante perfomed by Garou. I really like this UKR team. I feel they are a bit forgotten at times. They end with a dance version of a death spiral.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I did too. although I loved Olek and liked Helena.

Wrong Carhart. This is Adrienne. Helena is the younger sister.

Easy done, especially since they are both partnered with Ukrainian guys.

CaroLiza_fan

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
11 Jennifer JANSE VAN RENSBURG / Benjamin STEFFAN GER skate to
Tango by Mgzavrebi, Libertango by Astor Piazzolla, performed by Aydar Gaynullin. A subtle tango that I like so much on them. I also love her fuchsia dress, he is in modern jacket with fuchsia sequined stripe on the back. They often are costumed so heavy, that this lighter look classes them up and shows off how smooth they can be.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Jennifer and Ben are tango-ing with the best of 'em :)

Love all the staccato steps they're doing.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Don't worry. We all make mistakes, especially when tired.

Hey, I was about to declare a German double-win in the Ice Dance. I forgot that Diana and Gleb were still to come! :slink:

Well, Jen and Ben have taken the lead of the FD and overall. So, they've done all that they can to make that possible.

CaroLiza_fan