2024 JGP Osaka Rhythm Dance | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2024 JGP Osaka Rhythm Dance

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
But even without T/K, one of the previous silver medalists would have had to settle for a bronze at best anyway, and while it's definitely a possibility that this season there will be teams with silver+bronze in the final because of the very uneven depth of fields across the JGPs, that's more often than not not the case in Ice Dance in particular (last season was the first time since 2015/16 that it actually happened).
For some reason I understood your comment to be about Fradji/Forneaux, but now I understand that it most likely was about Nguyen/Giang. What I wrote applies also to them, except they would have little chance of winning over Pedersen/Chen in Budapest and could come third or even lower in Armenia (after Tkachenko/Kiliakov and the Peels over whom they won in Linz).

zebobes

Final Flight
With Nguyen and Giang being such a new team, I think being able to deliver again in a second competition would have been really tough, even if they had an easier field. We'll never know, but competing in Japan is also a valuable experience too.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
With Nguyen and Giang being such a new team, I think being able to deliver again in a second competition would have been really tough, even if they had an easier field. We'll never know, but competing in Japan is also a valuable experience too.
But it's not like they didn't deliver - One key point less, yes, but they kept level 4s in the lift and the twizzles and achieved higher levels in the midline step sequence. Even the 56.72 they scored in Linz would have only moved them from 6th up to 5th.

For some reason I understood your comment to be about Fradji/Forneaux, but now I understand that it most likely was about Nguyen/Giang. What I wrote applies also to them, except they would have little chance of winning over Pedersen/Chen in Budapest and could come third or even lower in Armenia (after Tkachenko/Kiliakov and the Peels over whom they won in Linz).
I was talking to both of them tbh, but you are right that N/G would have to work very hard and have a bit of luck to make it to the JGPF even with a different field, but I think it would be much closer, even with Pedersen/Chen who are an equally new team that's at the moment still prone to little mistakes.

Last edited:

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
I'll just say one thing - At least one federation should be taking a really good look in the mirror and asking themselves for what reason they decided to send their strongest JGPF qualifying contenders here, because it is certainly not looking good.
For sure, France could have sent F/F to an alternative event after seeing the scores that N/M received at the first JGP!

F/F could end up with bronze here which would hamper their chances of JGPF, whereas their total at Bangkok would have been enough for Gold in Istanbul (I know, panels differ somewhat).

Andrea82

Medalist

USA, Canada, China, France and Korea for Neset/Markelov
Kazakhstan, Israel, Australia and Japan for Tkachenko/Kiliakov

Chinese judge (Bing Han) liked Mullens, Bernard/Bonetto and Li/Wang and nobody else.
The Canadian judge (André-Marc Allain) went overboard with Nguyen/Giang.