21-22 Japan National Championship - General Information (pre-event discussions) | Page 3 | Golden Skate

21-22 Japan National Championship - General Information (pre-event discussions)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

Ayumi and Shingo scored 170,65 at St. George Éthier competition in Québec, finishing second behind Marie-Jade Lauriault and Romain Le Gac, so this would be their season's best in a summer competition. They did not enter the Japanese qualifying competition because they were training in Canada.

Ayumi & Shingo' s St. George Éthier scores:
RD 68.87
FD 101.78
Total 170.65

They skated the RD only at the Skate Ontario Hub Sectional in Sept. and earned a very respectable 68.14 there.

At Autumn Leaves they had a problem in the FD with the twizzles and the one foot step, which dropped their score from what they earned at St. George Éthier.

Place: 1
RD: 68.61
FD: 90.43
Total: 159.04

Their RD has been strong at above 68.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
There will be the official practices (pre-competition) to start within an hour. The order of practice today:

Ice dance (11:30 am)
Pair (12:00 noon)
Women (12:45)
Men (15:15)

*All the above time in JST. Current time of the venue.

As the practices will not be open to public, there will be update from news media later on.

Also, the starting order drawing (with the opening ceremony) will be held at 18:30pm. The drawing can be viewed via the following YT link (VPN required):

Adding: a couple of twitter accounts to provide on-site practice report -

Last edited:

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
According to the twitter of Yomiuri: https://twitter.com/Yomiuri_gorin/status/1473541063793348609?s=20

It is confirmed that Lambiel is at the venue while Shoma (and should be also for Koshiro) is practicing today. For the entry of Japan that Coach Labmiel is able to obtain: I think Koshiro gave the background story: last Oct, when Koshiro needed to return to Japan, they got Coach Lambiel application for the permit of long-term staying in Japan (? for foreigner's multiple entries & visa). So earlier during NHK this year, Lambiel officially got the permit. This is why Lambiel was able to re-enter Japan for Nationals this year. And he may be the only foreign coach who is able to do so this time.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Did you download an app to get your VPN? I don't know how that stuff works.
I have a password manager app/desktop extension called "Dashlane" you have to pay for it, but I decided it was worth it because you need so many different passwords these days :laugh:

I think there's a free/safe one called ProtonVPN that a friend on Insta recommends.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
1 hour to go until the action starts, I believe.

Still no sign of an English version of the Entries / Results Page. From what I remember, it normally doesn't get updated with scores until the event is over anyway, so the only thing it is useful for is English transliterations of the starting order. Which we already have in the GS competition threads.

However, when it does appear, I think it will be at this location:

https://www.jsfresults.com/National/2021-2022/fs_e/nationals/

Incidentally, if you do want to follow the live scoring, here is the Japanese version of the Entries / Results page, but without the annoying navigation header:

https://www.jsfresults.com/National/2021-2022/fs_j/nationalsenior/

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
A little late with this but thought I'd try to answer some of the questions I saw regarding the FOD (Fuji On Demand) broadcast of JNats.

FOD will be airing the entire competition (every skater/team from each event) including Medalist On Ice LIVE.
An archived video of an event is usually uploaded by the next day.

The FOD stream will likely look a bit different from the Fuji TV, BS Fuji and CS Fuji TV Two broadcasts.

Unless changes have been made The FOD stream will NOT include fluff pieces, fancy graphics (icestats, PPC etc...), behind the scene footage, close up camera shots/angles, replays and possibly no commentary.

On the plus side there will also be no commercials.

Full 6 minute practice will be shown and there should still be a tech box.

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Just to add my experience of FOD, as of 14:28 Japan time on Christmas Eve, no video of the women's SP has been added to the archives, which I'm a bit disappointed about. Good to know that there will be archived videos eventually. I did manage to watch the RD and a couple of the early ladies SPs. The FOD is pretty minimal - no commentary, no info about the skaters other than name and affiliation, scoring box. They DO show the replay while the skaters are waiting for their scores. For some reason the audio was much louder for the ladies than dance. As a Japanese speaker who rarely watches TV, I quite enjoy the commercials and commentary, but have to make do without.

tsuyoboogie

Record Breaker

Ayumi and Shingo scored 170,65 at St. George Éthier competition in Québec, finishing second behind Marie-Jade Lauriault and Romain Le Gac, so this would be their season's best in a summer competition. They did not enter the Japanese qualifying competition because they were training in Canada.

Ayumi & Shingo' s St. George Éthier scores:
RD 68.87
FD 101.78
Total 170.65

They skated the RD only at the Skate Ontario Hub Sectional in Sept. and earned a very respectable 68.14 there.

At Autumn Leaves they had a problem in the FD with the twizzles and the one foot step, which dropped their score from what they earned at St. George Éthier.

Place: 1
RD: 68.61
FD: 90.43
Total: 159.04

Their RD has been strong at above 68.
Sorry, for the late reply but wanted to thank you again for this information.
I knew they competed in another event but couldn't remember the name or find the results
Updated their SB score in my original post with credit given to you

tsuyoboogie

Record Breaker
Just to add my experience of FOD, as of 14:28 Japan time on Christmas Eve, no video of the women's SP has been added to the archives, which I'm a bit disappointed about. Good to know that there will be archived videos eventually. I did manage to watch the RD and a couple of the early ladies SPs. The FOD is pretty minimal - no commentary, no info about the skaters other than name and affiliation, scoring box. They DO show the replay while the skaters are waiting for their scores. For some reason the audio was much louder for the ladies than dance. As a Japanese speaker who rarely watches TV, I quite enjoy the commercials and commentary, but have to make do without.
You might already be aware but just checked and archived video of Women's SP is now available to view
Waiting for the Men's SP to be uploaded so I can watch the 3 groups that I missed

I also enjoy seeing Japanese CMs, just not when I could be watching a 6 min warm up or KnC footage
If I remember correctly, in the past and for other events this season FOD showed a closer view of the warm ups?
I do miss the commentary tho. At least I get that in the videos being uploaded to yt.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I must say I have no issues with Fuji terrestrial, Fuji BS or Fuji CS (Two). Replays were there when I wanted them. I enjoy the commercials too. Many are much more easy on the eye and ear to watch than in the US. I really liked the one with Mao! :love2: Etherial.....
My wife has questions. Are the Japanese people apt to be polite and not leave till the medal ceremony is over?
Are they being polite and not eating in their seats or is that a rule and if it is, are there tables in the concourse?
What is the meaning of the writing pointed to by the arrow here?
Barb 1.jpg

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I must say I have no issues with Fuji terrestrial, Fuji BS or Fuji CS (Two). Replays were there when I wanted them. I enjoy the commercials too. Many are much more easy on the eye and ear to watch than in the US. I really liked the one with Mao! :love2: Etherial.....
My wife has questions. Are the Japanese people apt to be polite and not leave till the medal ceremony is over?
Are they being polite and not eating in their seats or is that a rule and if it is, are there tables in the concourse?
What is the meaning of the writing pointed to by the arrow here?
View attachment 4780
That just says "junior." I.e., the skater is a junior who qualified through Junior Nationals.