Is there another Gala/Ice Show in Sochi coming up? | Golden Skate

Is there another Gala/Ice Show in Sochi coming up?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I translated this from Yulia's VK page. Is it possible she is going to skate in this right before Worlds. I'm sure if she does ill find video to post but this is kind of a head scratcher to me.

Gala concert "We are the Champions"

Sochi, DZS "Iceberg"

Thurs 13/03/14, 18:00

Gala concert "We - the champions!" with Olympic champions, European champions and World Figure Skating dedicated force of the human spirit to overcome and unity for the glory of Olympic victories. Show will feature rooms that support the Paralympic Movement. Special guests of the show will be the champions of the Paralympic Games, as well as people with disabilities.

Participants:

Ekaterina Bobrova and Dmitry Solovyov - Olympic champions in the team competition in 2014, European champions in 2013, repeated champion of Russia;
Julia Lipnitskaya - Olympic champion in the team competition in 2014, European champion in 2014, junior world champion;
Yuko Kawaguchi and Alexander Smirnov - 2010 European champions, three-time champions Russia;
Maxim Kovtun - Champion of Russia in 2014, winner of the final Grand Prix Championships in 2013;
Oksana Domnina and Maxim Shabalin - Olympic bronze medalist, 2010 world champion, twice European champions;
Alexei Yagudin - 2002 Olympic champion, four-time world champion, three-time European champion;
Tatiana Totmianina and Maxim Marinin - Olympic champions in 2006, the double world champion, five-time European champions.

Also in the show will be: Vladimir Besedin Alexei Polishchuk, Evgeny Kuznetsov, Albena Denkova and Maxim Stavisky, Margarita Drobiazko and Povilas Vanagas.

Special guests - Paralympic swimming champion Olesya Vladykina and Olympic figure skating champion in pair skating Maxim Marinin.

Very nice that they're mounting such a big event for the Paralympics. And Kavaguti and Smirnov are well enough to take part? That's splendid! Ooh, and Denkova and Staviskiy--one of my favorite ice dancing couples ever.

Could someone please report back to us when the show takes place so we know what the performances are like?

bebevia

On the Ice
That is an... interesting list?

I thought Sotnikova would be there, since even without the Sochi result, she was a national champ several times, and once a junior champ. She's the most decorated Russian single skater still competing.

Isabel_O'Reilly

Final Flight
That is an... interesting list?

I thought Sotnikova would be there, since even without the Sochi result, she was a national champ several times, and once a junior champ. She's the most decorated Russian single skater still competing.

Only if you say the controversial Olympic Individual Gold trumps a Team Olympic Gold, European Gold, Grand Prix Final Silver, two GP Gold, GP Silver, GP bronze, Junior World Gold, JGPF Gold, two JGP Gold etc.

These Olympics are the only Senior event Adelina has ever won Gold at(and if the competition had been judged by any other panel Yuna and/or Carolina would have beaten her, so Yulia is still the more decorated.

bebevia

On the Ice
Only if you say the controversial Olympic Individual Gold trumps a Team Olympic Gold, European Gold, Grand Prix Final Silver, two GP Gold, GP Silver, GP bronze, Junior World Gold, JGPF Gold, two JGP Gold etc.

These Olympics are the only Senior event Adelina has ever won Gold at(and if the competition had been judged by any other panel Yuna and/or Carolina would have beaten her, so Yulia is still the more decorated.
I didn't count the Olympics. Technically, Adelina has more golds... so... and she did have more Nationals wins. Of course, Yulia, if she goes like now, may exceed that, but Adelina has better records than Kovtun who is on the list.

I'm just worrying that this is taking more toll on Adelina. I certainly disagree on the Sochi gold, but she was still one of the contributors in the Ladies field. I don't want this to be her last season, and to have Russia toss her away after using her as a gold vehicle. I don't even know if having her as a sub for the Worlds was her wish or political. This is a Russian show that calls for Russian champs; if they actually wanted to support her Olympic gold, then should've made her feel welcome at home at least.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Shouldn't this be happening right now?? Or be just ending? I see no feed or TV coverage. Ill keep my eye out for video's but my source appears to have gotten the pinch.