Ladies LP | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP

samba

On the Ice
Too bad for the US ladies. However, I like what I saw in Ashley. Priscilla has transformed Ashley to a beautiful skater. I like her costumes, make up and skating much more this year than last year. She has good quality in jumps, very fast and pretty spins, great speed. If she can fix her lutz, she will have the whole package. Give her some time, I think she will be the US female leader at Worlds this year :rock:. As for Mirai, she needs more time to adjust to her new body. With her good basic skating skills, I have high hope that she will come back strong in Olympic year:agree:.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
Nakano: As ever, I'm not crazy about the leg wrap, but there's no denying she's a consistent competitor. There's a steadiness and confidence to her skating. Her "Giselle" actually has some choreography, most of it enjoyable, and in direct contrast to Mao's LP. If she can get the 3A consistent, I see her as a serious medal threat to both Yu-Na and Mao should they slip up.
QUOTE]

Mmm i think Nakano should stick to 2A because a downgraded 3A worth less than a regular 2A even if she land it. Her program layout should be...
3Lz
3F+2T
3S
2A
3F
3S - 3T
3T+2T+2Lo

to maximize her points. Her sal and toe loop doesn't have the wrap and have higher heigh than the flip or lutz, so she should be able to do it as a sequence. If she able to fully rotate this jump layout, she should be able to get around 125 score.

indicatoto101

On the Ice
Better to get in the habit of associating the toe loop with the axel and the loop with the flip. With her momentum, I can easily imagine her going for:

3A
3F-3R
2A
---
3A-2T
3A
3F-3R-2R
2A-3T
3Lz
3F or 3R
3S

Mao, or any other skater, can't attempt any triple more than twice so she can't try the 3f and 3a three times. Knowing that she can land all types of triples (usually), a more realistic jump layout, can look something like the following:

3a-2tano
3F-3L
3Lz
3F-3T
3s
3R-2r-2r
2a

propronia

Match Penalty
3a-2tano
3F-3L
3Lz
3F-3T
3s
3R-2r-2r
2a

You cannot do four combos. I hope she includes the 3Lz and one 3-3 of any kind in two weeks. The goal of this season (LA worlds) should be like this.

3A+2T
3A
3F+2Lo+2Lo
3S
3F+3Lo
3Lz
2A

base value = 53.15

Rochette's base value is 44.5 and Kim's is 44.7 (45.45 if the 2A+3T is counted as a second half jump). They are very good rivals. Kostner, Ando and Flatt have higher base values because they have seven triples programs including 3-3s.

Last edited:

SXTN

Final Flight
3a-2tano
3F-3L
3Lz
3F-3T
3s
3R-2r-2r
2a

ok, could could could.... but what is the original plan for this season? It has to fit into the choreography... so I think her plan is sth like this:

3A-2T
3A
3F-2L-2L
3S
3F-3L
3Lz
2A

The only question mark is the 3T.. I think we can exclude 3A-3T. I also doubt she will try a 3F-3T when she plans two 3A.. The only possibility would be to replace the last 2A by the 3T.. I wonder if she could do that right after the Lutz out of few steps....
In addition, I would suggest to change the order of 3F-2L-2L and 3F-3L to play it at least a little safe...
The 64 points she got today for TES are not that bad considering that she left over 10 points of base score on the table by only doing 2 combos ( and no 3-3), one downgrade and no lutz....

bekalc

Record Breaker
Rochette's base value is 44.5 and Kim's is 44.7 (45.45 if the 2A+3T is counted as a second half jump). They are very good rivals. Kostner, Ando and Flatt have higher base values because they have seven triples programs including 3-3s.

Yu-na has the 3 loop, she has landed it in competition before and lands it in practice. It was on her element sheet for Cup of China. I'm sure that she'll likely go for it at the GPF.

propronia

Match Penalty
Yu-na has the 3 loop, she has landed it in competition before and lands it in practice. It was on her element sheet for Cup of China. I'm sure that she'll likely go for it at the GPF.

What matters is landing in real competitions. I don't think YuNa Kim has the gut when facing Mao unless she wants a new excuse.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Too bad for the US ladies. However, I like what I saw in Ashley. Priscilla has transformed Ashley to a beautiful skater. I like her costumes, make up and skating much more this year than last year. She has good quality in jumps, very fast and pretty spins, great speed. If she can fix her lutz, she will have the whole package. Give her some time, I think she will be the US female leader at Worlds this year :rock:. As for Mirai, she needs more time to adjust to her new body. With her good basic skating skills, I have high hope that she will come back strong in Olympic year:agree:.

I guess there is a positive aspect to all this...but IMO it's too soon to tell who will emerge as the US leader. It appears to be Rachel at the moment but things can change quickly.

And unless I'm wrong, Yu Na did not compete here...or did I miss something? Why is her name even in this thread?

bekalc

Record Breaker
What matters is landing in real competitions. I don't think YuNa Kim has the gut when facing Mao unless she wants a new excuse.

Kim's landed it in "real competitions" before. It's clearly shaky but I wouldn't say she doesn't have it.

I'm impressed with Mao's 3 axel this year.

magicalwords

On the Ice
Ahh, sad for US ladies, but Ashley's doing pretty good this season! I'm impressed by her programs. I like her costumes, I like her programs, I like her performances. Sad for Nagasu, I think there was just too much pressure on her. She isn't Mao Asada or Yu-Na Kim yet, so I don't really want her to be pressured about that. However, she needs to get used to this kind of pressure as she grows up.

I preferred Mao's LP at TEB compared to this one. Even though she messed up many of her jumps in her LP at TEB, this LP was very uninspiring. This is Czardas again. Whenever she is too concentrated with her jumps, I see choreography getting deleted and deleted from her performance. Yes, I understand high PCS for skating skills category, but high PCS for choreography and interpretation? Well, I still don't like the music cut.

Well, kudos for landing a 3A. I think her 3A at this competition wasn't close to the level of her 3A at 4CC though. And did Mao plan on doing a 3F-3Lo combination? Seems like she missed it.

And

And I wonder if Mao has the gut to land 2 3A and a 3-3 when facing Yu-Na. :cool: Stop bringing Yu-Na into this. She didn't even compete here, geesh.

yhhh2001

Rinkside
Suzuki: Literally the first time I've ever seen her. At first, I thought she was that Japanese skater who medalled alongside Mirai and Rachael at some junior event. Then I realized Suzuki looks too old to be that girl :laugh: - quite a surprise to see a competitor born in 1985.

Suzuki suffered from eating disorder and had been away from the rink for a certain period. Yukina Ota, another talented figure skater in her age, just announced her retirement due to injury, so I really want Suzuki to go to the world next March. At present, she does not receive financial support from JSU, so I hope that prize money she received would help her improve her program and costumes.

I hope that Mirai, Ashley and other talented young ladies would succeed without serious injuries and diseases.

gocaroline

On the Ice
ITA. A gorgeous Apple and a gorgeous orange. I feel happy that I am not a judge and I can enjoy both.:clap: Non-stop movement builds up emotional intensity. I love it.

Great comments:clap: I enjoy both Yuna and Mao's performance, GPF will be excited!

ChrisH

On the Ice
Mao, or any other skater, can't attempt any triple more than twice so she can't try the 3f and 3a three times.
Not true. Asada can do the exact jump layout I proposed. You have to keep in mind that the ladies perform jumps in the SP too. The base value for that layout is 22.2 points in the SP, 53.2 in the LP (with the 3F), and 75.4 points total. That's disregarding any 2nd half bonuses.

bekalc

Record Breaker
Not true. Asada can do the exact jump layout I proposed. You have to keep in mind that the ladies perform jumps in the SP too. The base value for that layout is 22.2 points in the SP, 53.2 in the LP (with the 3F), and 75.4 points total. That's disregarding any 2nd half bonuses.

I don't think Mao can do her 3 axel in the short program legally... I agree though about her bringing back the 2 axel/3toe. It carries less risk and gives her the same points.
My jump layout for her was
3axel /2toe
3 axel
3flip/3loop
3 lutz
3 salchow
3 flip
2 axel/3toe/2 loop

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
"Better" in what way? Better in technical elements? Yeah, better than most everyone in that. Better in Presentation, artistry, choreography? Better than many, but doesn't even compare to Sasha in that sense. Yu-Na and Mao are the queens of TE. Sasha was the queen of artistry. But since artistry doesn't count anymore, yeah you're right, at least according to CoP. Under CoP, Mao and Yu-Na will ALWAYS be "better."

I am not a Sasha fan, but I agree that Sasha was miles above Mao (and any of today's ladies) in presentation, in spirals, even in spins most of the time.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I am not a Sasha fan, but I agree that Sasha was miles above Mao (and any of today's ladies) in presentation, in spirals, even in spins most of the time.

Lets not bring Sasha into this. She was in a class of her own. There will never be anyone like her.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Lets not bring Sasha into this. ...There will never be anyone like her.

Well:

There also never will be another Kwan, another Slutskaya, another Mao, another Miki, another YuNa, another Kimmie, another Yukari, another Rochette, another Kostner, another...

Last edited: