Melissa Bulanhagui's latest blog post | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Melissa Bulanhagui's latest blog post

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Even though Alisson plays no part in the decision making, the way the Filipino Federation continue to be favouring her nevertheless reflects badly on her. And that is not fair either.

The national Federation should be doing what is best for the skaters they represent. That is sending the best skaters to the big events, and nurturing the future talent. But the actions of the Filipino Federation is harming both the present (Melissa) and the future (Alisson).
They are: Perticheto and Martinez are the best they can send to Shangai.

In what way is the federation favoring Perticheto? If you mean Worlds, she's the only lady from the Philippines who has the TES minimums, would you prefer that nobody get sent? Should she have not gone to 4CC, so that she and Bulanhagui could be equal with one major event each?

Perticheto has done nothing wrong, so stop implying that a 17 year old is somehow responsible for her federation's actions. If you're displeased with the federation, that is still no reflection on Perticheto herself. And I don't get why you continue to insist that Bulanhagui was so superior and deserving of the Nebelhorn assignment. As has been pointed out by several people then and now, back in 2013 Perticheto and Bulanhagui had very similar results, except Perticheto had been a bit more consistent in the year before.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
They are: Perticheto and Martinez are the best they can send to Shangai.

In what way is the federation favoring Perticheto? If you mean Worlds, she's the only lady from the Philippines who has the TES minimums, would you prefer that nobody get sent? Should she have not gone to 4CC, so that she and Bulanhagui could be equal with one major event each?

I am not referring to Worlds. If you read the original comment that you were arguing with, you will see that I was actually agreeing with Flaya that the right course of action is being taken by both Melissa and Alisson.

What I am referring to is that the Filipino Federation let it get to this stage, where they were in danger of losing representation. I can understand them wanting to punish Melissa, but to do so in a way that would harm the country's standing on the big stage was over the top. The Federation was cutting off their nose to spite their face.

All they had to do was just slap Melissa with a fine, and warn her to be more careful with what she says in the future. Then let both girls get on with the important business of improving the standing of their ancesteral homeland in the figure skating world.

Even though Alisson plays no part in the decision making, the way the Filipino Federation continue to be favouring her nevertheless reflects badly on her. And that is not fair either.

Perticheto has done nothing wrong, so stop implying that a 17 year old is somehow responsible for her federation's actions. If you're displeased with the federation, that is still no reflection on Perticheto herself.

Erm, if you read the bit of my comment that you highlighted, you'll see that I said "Alisson plays no part in the decision making". That is why I am annoyed that Alisson's name is unfairly getting dragged down by being associated with the actions of her federation.

Or, to put it another way, I AM SAYING THE EXACT SAME THING AS YOU!!!! But, for some reason, you think I'm not.

Now, can we just finish this argument. This was supposed to be a good news thread about Melissa moving on from the controversy. Not a thread starting the controversy up all over again.

I really regret ever mentioning the controversy, but some people were asking what it was about, so I was just trying to be helpful by explaining what happened.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I really regret ever mentioning the controversy, but some people were asking what it was about, so I was just trying to be helpful by explaining what happened.
No, you were trying to provide your biased interpretation of what happened. You also suggest that even though Alisson Petricheto plays no part in the federation's decision-making, it still "reflects poorly on her" (it doesn't) and that the federation "continue to favor her" (they are not). If you don't want to be misunderstood, express yourself more clearly.

Melissa Bulanhagui has taken responsibility for her mistakes and moved on with her life and career. That should have been the focus of this thread.

Flaya

Match Penalty
Bulanhagui was higher in the World ranking, but it may not mean a lot at the end.

I am still interested to see who had a higher Season's Best that season (before Nebelhorn) in 2013, and who had a higher Season's best for the 2012-13 season. Is there any way we could check it without spending an hour on doing a research. :D

Bulanhagui's personal best is from 2008, so obviously not too relevant when it comes to the 2014 Olympics. ;)

krispy

Rinkside
Bulanhagui was higher in the World ranking, but it may not mean a lot at the end.

I am still interested to see who had a higher Season's Best that season (before Nebelhorn) in 2013, and who had a higher Season's best for the 2012-13 season. Is there any way we could check it without spending an hour on doing a research. :D

Bulanhagui's personal best is from 2008, so obviously not too relevant when it comes to the 2014 Olympics. ;)

In the 2012-2013 Season Alisson scored the highest overall score