Patrick Chan | Page 593 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
My pleasure !!!! I have to say that I also love the post Sochi programs... However, I find some of his previous work superb as well like Take Five and Elegy. The only sadness I have, after all this time, is that we never saw perfectly well skated DUst in the wind and Hallelujah.. I think those programs had the potential to be magic... at the same time, Patrick skated them with joy in the team event which resulted in him becoming an olympic champion and that makes things better... I agree.. SO MANY GREAT programs!!!
You're so right about Dust in the Wind and Hallelujah having the potential to be magic. I just rewatched these programmes (the 2018 Olympics) and they are truly beautiful. No-one can skate like Patrick. I watched the 2018 Olympics in real time two years ago (but not live unfortunately) and was so overjoyed with witnessing Patrick's joy at winning Team Gold - I was so thrilled!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
a feature on Patrick Chan by That Figure Skating show..

A few things : they showed his 9th title skate when they talked about the 10th title (though they showed the right podium)
They do not mention Bompard's performance which is probably one of the moments most people talk about it when referring to the best of Patrick. Still, it was a pleasure to watch so I thought I would bring it here.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hi all!

I sent a PM out a few days ago regarding the Video Project. If you are interested in doing Patrick (or anyone else), shoot me a PM! :)

m0001

On the Ice
The Pal’s talk to Canadian Olympic Gold Medalist Patrick Chan:

ashleyming

On the Ice

ashleyming

On the Ice
Patrick's skate to "Lovers in a Dangerous Time" In Osaka, Japan - 2018.
https://youtu.be/-aFQTNCKXSU
Just have a look at the moments of Patrick at "2018 The Legends - Medal Winners Gala", I just want to say I miss seeing Chiddy so much.
Before Patrick's performance to "Lovers In A Dangerous Time", Nathan and Javi introduced him in a very lovely and respectful way, firstly as a friend and next, as a legend, and also as "one of my favorites from all time" - in Javi's own words. At that time, Patrick had not made an annoucement about his retirement but it seemed like Javi and Nathan had already known. And then Patrick came in the most Canadian thing ever - a shirt with big maple leave symbol (OMG, he looked kinda cute there) and he skated the way he had always did. Patrick Chan is just Patrick Chan, pure artistry and master whenever it comes to skating skill. He had been on the top of the skating world for a while and he can still suprise me, sometimes.

Last edited: