S Korea hails new skating prodigy, 11 | Page 6 | Golden Skate

S Korea hails new skating prodigy, 11

andyjo24

Medalist
I have a feeling that the new up-and-coming young Korean skaters are going to overtake Japan in a few years. I personally will probably enjoy Korean skaters better since their jumps don't rely on extreme knee bend or super fast rotations as many young Japanese skaters do.

I agree. The Korean skaters have impeccable jumping technique! :thumbsup:

andyjo24

Medalist
while everyone looks at Young and Da Bin, we look at Eun Soo.

wwooooowwwaaahooooo :love: :love: :eeking: :luv17: :noshake:

anyway, these girls are super! impressive. i feel S Korea and Japan will dominate the next era. idk about Russia. not familiar with their current russian juniors.

Don't forget Ye-lim Kim!

Her 3Lz-3Lo-2Lo is insane!

And she almost tanos on all of her jumps. Evgenia has competition. ;)

RABID

Final Flight
I agree. The Korean skaters have impeccable jumping technique! :thumbsup:

I certainly never claim to be an authority on figure skating but I do wonder, does anyone else feel like I do that there is a distinct style to Korean figure skating compared to other countries (meaning the ladies)? I feel like even though they each have their own style they nevertheless all seem to aim for the same lyricism Yuna brought to her skating.

andyjo24

Medalist
I certainly never claim to be an authority on figure skating but I do wonder, does anyone else feel like I do that there is a distinct style to Korean figure skating compared to other countries (meaning the ladies)? I feel like even though they each have their own style they nevertheless all seem to aim for the same lyricism Yuna brought to her skating.

Hey! You're not the only one who thinks that.

I feel like all the Korean ladies have beautiful arm movements, just like Yu-na did. Haha.

This is my general opinion for each of these countries:

Koreans: beautiful arm movements
Japanese: light flow style
Russia: dramatic
USA: lots of facial expressions. lol...
Canada: powerful

s_parks

Record Breaker

otb tights.
In all seriousness, they have very nice arm movements, as andyjo24 pointed out, but not much attention to leg extension or toe point, lol. Of course this is a generalization, and I'm sure I've seen a Korean skater with a nice toe point, just can't name specific skaters..

RABID

Final Flight
That is Young You's FS from last year's Nationals if I'm not mistaken. ;)

I've just re-watched it for fun, and it's amazing how much she improved in only a year!

Thank you for pointing that out. I was getting worried....