What do you call an Irina fan? | Golden Skate

What do you call an Irina fan?

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
A Michelle fan is a "Kwaniac" or "Kwanatic". Sasha fans are "Sash-ites" or "Sasha Co-holics". What is the name for Slutskaya fans similar to these? Are there analogous names for Evan fans? Plushy fans? etc?

Mafke

Medalist
Sluters? Slutites? Irinites? Irinanians? Slutanians? Slutophiles? Irinophiles?

Spirit

On the Ice
For fans of Irina Slutskaya, there's an obvious, crass, one-syllable answer. It's too easy, and rather unfortunate, so I'll just let it slide on by.

I would say Irinians. Like Iranians, but completely different.

Fans of Evgeny could be known as....Plush Toys.

Fans of Emanuel Sandhu...The Sand People. Or perhaps just Beach Bums, and let people figure out the sand reference.

Either Czisny girl...Sizzlers.

Okay. Enough for now. This could go on all day, and I think I'm just getting worse.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I'd say the term "Kwaniac" or "Kwanatic" is reserved for the Kwan FANATICS, not so much the casual fans. I've also heard the term "Sashaholic" thrown around a few times to describe rabid Cohen fans. I don't know about Irina, though. Not quite enough of them here to give them a name :laugh:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Red Dog said:
I got it...SLUTS! :rofl: :rofl:

OK, just kidding :laugh: :cool:
RD, that's the only name I could come up with. :laugh: :laugh: Great minds think alike. :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

Linny

Final Flight
Alternative

'cmmon guys, that one is way too easy.

In my version, I married Irina's last name to the word "enthusiasts".

Linny

R.D.

Record Breaker
Linny said:
'cmmon guys, that one is way too easy.

In my version, I married Irina's last name to the word "enthusiasts".

Linny

Personally, I think it's a bit long and hard to pronounce (at first).

I think I like the suggestion "Sluters". Simple, short, to the point. (It would be pronounced "slooters" BTW.)

JMO, of course.

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
Red Dog said:
Not quite enough of them here to give them a name :laugh:

I think there is enough of us. Not every fan gets into a frenzied discussion - that would be the "maniac"'s past time.

Yana

I

IcyBallerina

I think I like Slutskayropractors... especially with that Bielmann!

Sluters is nice too. Short and sweet!

Last edited:
I call an Irina fan an Exceptional Woman of the World who comes from fine stock and has had the best of elite education, who married into a well respected family and attends all the charity balls. She is special.

Joe

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
I call an Irina fan an Exceptional Woman of the World who comes from fine stock and has had the best of elite education, who married into a well respected family and attends all the charity balls. She is special.

Joe

I'm sure glad I like Irina, especially after reading how special I am!!! Just a clarifying question...... am I still this special for liking Irina even though I like a bunch of other ladies?? (I hope so) ;)