Sunday, December 28
13:00–13:45 Medal ceremonies
14:00–16:30 Exhibitions

Those are Sochi times I guess.

Thank you so much too !!

dada16

On the Ice
Another question: :p
Do you know if we can see the nationals on TV or on internet, or if we have to wait that people post videos on youtube for instance ?

Alba

Record Breaker
Another question: :p
Do you know if we can see the nationals on TV or on internet, or if we have to wait that people post videos on youtube for instance ?

There are streams. No problem about that. ;)

Alba

Record Breaker
Elena Ilinykh about Yulia:
She is a great friend and the most amazing girl. I love her so much. Also she is a very strong character girl so she will show everybody what She means for the figure skating.

I adore these two.:love:

Last edited:

Yamita

On the Ice
Thank you kinori. Alba, there is a CC button at the lower bar. Click on it.

Edit:
Sorry Alba. My poor English again. You used "was" not "am". :p
This video shows the Yulia is really a child, an adorable one.

Last edited:

Alba

Record Breaker
Thank you kinori. Alba, there is a CC button at the lower bar. Click on it.

Edit:
Sorry Alba. My poor English again. You used "was" not "am". :p
This video shows the Yulia is really a child, an adorable one.

Don't worry. It's easy to make a confusion because it's a long time ago. :biggrin:

I remember that by that time asking somebody here if they could translate what she said, but no luck. Finally we have it. :)

kinoriH

Final Flight
I died of cuteness :drama: she imitated the sound of the toy, so cute. A child at heart.

What made me realise that was when she'd said "I'm scared" before the score was announced. We got so used to "old" Julia being so poised and tough.. but she's only 16 and still a child inside.
I'm glad she's opening up herself and is not afraid to voice her feelings anymore.

Yamita

On the Ice
By the way, has anyone noticed that Yulia did her I-spin differently in both SP and EX at GPF?
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/12-15-2014/ykU0tq.gif
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/12-15-2014/_UMOLs.gif
Is this the "crazy" position she talked about during preseason?
Come on. Nobody except dada16 noticed that she holds her leg differently? Or is this not a news at all? :scratch:
Being a structural dynamicist, I know this new position must be more difficult to balance.
Knowing very little about skating techniques, I would like to ask: Does she get higher scores from it? If no, why did she make the change?

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Come on. Nobody except dada16 noticed that she holds her leg differently? Or is this not a news at all? :scratch:
Being a structural dynamicist, I know this new position must be more difficult to balance.
Knowing very little about skating techniques, I would like to ask: Does she get higher scores from it? If no, why did she make the change?

I spoke on this the other day. She actually changes the spin more than you think. This particular variation first popped up over the summer during her shows. After her skate Ilya would come out and she would perform the i-spin again and she would do this variation. Eteri commented on it last year saying even though she was accustomed to Yulia's level of spins she found this one to be very difficult and impressive.

Here is another variation of the same spin in the GPF last year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJTIbRcPCIA#t=162

Did you notice? She slips her free hand up to the blade and actually is holding her blade with both hands. I've only seen her do this here and maybe in an Ex but I can't recall which one.

Here is one from her "encore" after the show in St Petersburg. This is the same version she used in GPF this year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2w2yhbSAvg#t=304

I remember thinking how tired she looked after all of those shows and it was almost June at this point. :cry:

Last edited: