Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 200 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

geiger

On the Ice
Lack of TV translation seems to have an adverse effect on the fso forum :) Based on latest photos of Chopa they have decided that Chopa must be passing through puberty and may have problems with her jumps this season. They think she should be put on squeesy powder 😎

grantrf98

On the Ice
My stream cut out in the middle of her program:eek:hwell: but I managed to get it back towards the end of her program. Expression-wise, it was not her best, but technically, it looked very solid (the TES score in the top left was over 38!) But then it went down 6 points...:confused: I don't seem to understand judging at all. When she was finished, she didn't look very impressed, even though it was solid. It seemed like she knew the judges weren't going to score her high. Maybe she gave it her all at the GPF and was tired here (it is weird that she scored higher here than at Barcelona). She kinda had that "I don't care anymore" expression on her face. After she saw her score, she was like "Oh, cool! Another lower score! How wonderful!" Her confidence level must be running low right now...

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I wonder why... Techn panel at Russian National is so strict on ladies, they were very lenient with men yesterday.

Alba

Record Breaker
I wonder why... Techn panel at Russian National is so strict on ladies, they were very lenient with men yesterday.

They were strict with her, and IMO with Serafima also. That should teach Eteri to shut up, especially before a competition.

rafalgorka

Rinkside
I would love to give her Polish citizenship if she would like. After that, no more problems with politics, strict judges and connections. She wouldn't have any competition in national team and wouldn't have to worry about places in Europeans, Worlds and Olympics :) Joking, of course.
Anyway, it will be hard to get to top 3 in Sochi, but she should go to the Europeans because she is the defending champion :)

Meoima

Match Penalty
They were strict with her, and IMO with Serafima also. That should teach Eteri to shut up, especially before a competition.
Yeah, I did have a bad feeling about Eteri's comments before nationals. Now that it has come true. :cry:

Alba

Record Breaker
Anyway, it will be hard to get to top 3 in Sochi, but she should go to the Europeans because she is the defending champion :)

The way she is skating and (non) reacting she should not, really. She should do some B competition and give her 100& best, and hope for Worlds. Otherwise stay at home this season and prepare, properly, for next season. It's not the end of the world.

Last edited:

grantrf98

On the Ice
Yulia needs to have the best skate of her life to even be considered to go to the big events in the upcoming months. Sitting in 6th place, it would be quite the story to see her shock everyone (especially the haters) and perform well enough to get on the podium. I believe she could do it...if she manages to perform R&J cleanly, let's hope the judges can't find anything to lowball her again. Then again, there's the inflation for the other skaters, plus the fact that the judges know she hasn't done well with her long program...6 point gap for 3rd? More like 20 maybe...:laugh:

Alba

Record Breaker
Yulia needs to have the best skate of her life to even be considered to go to the big events in the upcoming months. Sitting in 6th place, it would be quite the story to see her shock everyone (especially the haters) and perform well enough to get on the podium. I believe she could do it...if she manages to perform R&J cleanly, let's hope the judges can't find anything to lowball her again. Then again, there's the inflation for the other skaters, plus the fact that the judges know she hasn't done well with her long program...6 point gap for 3rd? More like 20 maybe...:laugh:

This. Especially the bold part. :thumbsup:

alebi

Medalist
Politics won, we see it in PCS scores :disapp:
Well I hope Yulia takes a rest and fights back for Worlds. In February they'll do the usual Russian Cup that FED uses to choose the Worlds team!

grantrf98

On the Ice
Yeah, I did have a bad feeling about Eteri's comments before nationals. Now that it has come true. :cry:

True, but Medvedeva's TES was over 40! Yes, Evgenia skated lights out technically, but Yulia wasn't very far off (at first glance). Still a whopping 7 point difference TES-wise. But the judges marked Medvedeva down for her PCS, so maybe it is true about the consequences of Eteri's comments.

grantrf98

On the Ice
The way she is skating and (non) reacting she should not, really. She should do some B competition and give her 100& best, and hope for Worlds. Otherwise stay at home this season and prepare, properly, for next season. It's not the end of the world.

Totally agree! She said she wants to go to Korea in 2018. After a rough season, I just hope it didn't extinguish her fire and passion for the sport. I know we all want to see her in Pyeongchang...