Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 201 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

starlight97

Final Flight
Yulia was not low balled today, I think her score was accurate.
The thing is that she, out if the top 4 seniors, was the only one who was judged accurately with a score that one usually receives at internationals.
All others received the usual Nationals Inflation.
Prior to the event I said I didn't care about National inflation as long as all skaters are inflated so it still stays fair. Well that was not the case.
And that's what I don't call inflation but politicking.
You could also see it on Evgenia's and Serafima's components.
I love Elena but Evgenia did not skate more juniorish than her, I don't see the PCS gap justified.

Alba

Record Breaker
Totally agree! She said she wants to go to Korea in 2018. After a rough season, I just hope it didn't extinguish her fire and passion for the sport. I know we all want to see her in Pyeongchang...

No, I don't think so. A rough season but she still got two medals in GP series and went to the GPF. She can still do it tomorrow, but if not, KBO for the next one. ;)

Alba

Record Breaker
Yulia was not low balled today, I think her score was accurate.
The thing is that she, out if the top 4 seniors, was the only one who was judged accurately with a score that one usually receives at internationals.
All others received the usual Nationals Inflation.
Prior to the event I said I didn't care about National inflation as long as all skaters are inflated so it still stays fair. Well that was not the case.
And that's what I don't call inflation but politicking.
You could also see it on Evgenia's and Serafima's components.
I love Elena but Evgenia did not skate more juniorish than her, I don't see the PCS gap justified.

That's why it's called low balled. The comparison is between the skaters today.
Some might not like it, but Anna P. Liza, Elena getting more on SS, TR, and CH is ridiculous.

IMO Evgenia's PCS were right, but Serafima was underscored there. She should've been placed above Goncharenko's girl. I don't remember the name now, Iushenko or something like that.

leolion11

On the Ice
Some might not like it, but Anna P. Liza, Elena getting more on SS, TR, and CH is ridiculous.

IMO Evgenia's PCS were right, but Serafima was underscored there. She should've been placed above Goncharenko's girl. I don't remember the name now, Iushenko or something like that.

Yep in comparison she was definitely lowballed, though I think her technical score was right.
Nope I think Anna, Liza, and Elena have better SS than Julia though I think you could make a case for the other PCS categories.
I'm really surprised at Serafima's score. I expected her to at least get a low 60s score for that SP but she got below 60. :think:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Maybe Evgenia's score was thanked to her win at JGPF! So they didn't underscored her. Eteri's kids are surely screwed at National. Now that maybe she is feeling guilty for her words.

Alba

Record Breaker
Nope I think Anna, Liza, and Elena have better SS than Julia though I think you could make a case for the other PCS categories.

No way. Anna P. especially who's very raw there. Liza has less ice coverage and speed than both Elena and Yulia. The later two are about the same. I'm not surpised though because I know PCS are used for placement, based on the TES score as well. So it's like help me to help you in the end. That, and of course Eteri speaking. ;)

starlight97

Final Flight

If if you view it from this perspective then yes you can call it low balled.
I agree on Serafima but imo Evgenia's PCS should have been closer to Elena's. Her TES was the highest of all and I'm not saying she shouldn't be 3. but I don't see the difference in skating skills etc between her and Radionova. Except that Evgenia is called 'junior' that's probably it.

I really hoped Eteri's comments would not affect her students scores but IMPO they did.
And I don't even blame Eteri because what she said was right, loyal and honest without being disrespectful...

Alba

Record Breaker
I really hoped Eteri's comments would not affect her students scores but IMPO they did.
And I don't even blame Eteri because what she said was right, loyal and honest without being disrespectful...

It's not that I don't agree with what she said, and even if I disagreed with her it's not like she offended anyone.
However, she should know better than that. You do not go against your federation, especially if your skater is not having the best time.

leolion11

On the Ice
It's not that I don't agree with what she said, and even if I disagreed with her it's not like she offended anyone.
However, she should know better than that. You do not go against your federation, especially if your skater is not having the best time.

Eteri should have just kept quiet and let Julia's skating do the job. It's sad but I'm still not fully convinced that her comments had such a big impact as to cause the judges to lowball her skaters. I mean, it's possible that the judges are seeing something lacking in their PCS that we can't see as viewers so imo we shouldn't be too quick to judge that their lowballing is based on politics, though it is still possible.

Alba

Record Breaker
Eteri should have just kept quiet and let Julia's skating do the job. It's sad but I'm still not fully convinced that her comments had such a big impact as to cause the judges to lowball her skaters. I mean, it's possible that the judges are seeing something lacking in their PCS that we can't see as viewers so imo we shouldn't be too quick to judge that their lowballing is based on politics, though it is still possible.

I can bet that there is something going on here. You do not get Mozer involved as well just like that. Even if there was something lacking in her PCS, you do not inflate the others and not her at nationals.
However, it could also be that since she didn't have a good season they want to make sure she will not be able to partecipate at Euros and Worlds, so no help at all from them.

starlight97

Final Flight

I critizised Tsareva for sulking up to the Federation when her own skater's opportunities were 'at stake', I wondered why she didn't speak up or at least didn't say anything instead of agreeing with Lakernik etc.
Now I see that in the end it was better for Anna that way around.
I could totally be Eteri :laugh:. My dad always tells me that I need to be less outspoken and more "diplomatic". He's right of course and Eteri should rather have been silent as well...
but still, I stick to Eteri on this. I prefer people with solid spines. Next time she'll be smarter.

alebi

Medalist
No way. Anna P. especially who's very raw there. Liza has less ice coverage and speed than both Elena and Yulia. The later two are about the same. I'm not surpised though because I know PCS are used for placement, based on the TES score as well. So it's like help me to help you in the end. That, and of course Eteri speaking. ;)

I completely agree. PCS were the real shame, not the standings... I've always seen Liza slow and two-footed, the skater with the poorest SS in the field but suddenly she's the best! :unsure: IN and PE are wonderful... her technic is majestic, but SS..... Radionova was always scored less than Yulia and now, in just few months, more than 1 points over... She has great musicality but her posture is atrocious and her jumps are as "little" as Yulia..... Pogo isn't refined and not communicate. Plus Yulia didn't skate bad, she didn't make big error or falls, but her PCS stay lower than usual. Why? Only because Eteri talked against FED... :disagree:

Alba

Record Breaker
I critizised Tsareva for sulking up to the Federation when her own skater's opportunities were 'at stake', I wondered why she didn't speak up or at least didn't say anything instead of agreeing with Lakernik etc.
Now I see that in the end it was better for Anna that way around.
I could totally be Eteri :laugh:. My dad always tells me that I need to be less outspoken and more "diplomatic". He's right of course and Eteri should rather have been silent as well...
but still, I stick to Eteri on this. I prefer people with solid spines. Next time she'll be smarter.

I'm like her and you. ;) Therefore I have broken my nose many times because of that. :laugh:
But she has a responsibility towards her skater also. She tends to be very open with the press too. She should be smarter. Yulia being straight and honest about things will suffice. :biggrin:

@alebi: Totally agree.

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Eteri!! :bang: I don't want to blame her on this but...
Well I could be her as well if I were in the same position.

Alba

Record Breaker
Eteri!! :bang: I don't want to blame her on this but...
Well I could be her as well if I were in the same position.

No we can't. Yulia didn't help her case either. So, in the end it all comes down to the performance. She needed her best, not just good or ok.

Last edited:

starlight97

Final Flight
I'm like her and you. ;) Therefore I have broken my nose many times because of that. :laugh:
But she has a responsability towards her skater also. She tends to be very open with the press too. She should be smarter. Yulia being straight and honest about things will suffice. :biggrin:

:laugh:
Then you probably understand why I'm torn here, since I know that she should have been smarter and caused Yulia some trouble, while in the same moment I think she did the morally right thing and was the correct one.
But skating is like all aspects in life, very often not the person with the best morals and most correct decisiones gets the furthest, but the one who plays to his/her advantage the best ;)

All we can hope for now is Yulia not being too affected and skating well tomorrow. And then coming back stronger after all of this, either this season or next one.

loiza

On the Ice
I completely agree. PCS were the real shame, not the standings... I've always seen Liza slow and two-footed, the skater with the poorest SS in the field but suddenly she's the best! :unsure: IN and PE are wonderful... her technic is majestic, but SS..... Radionova was always scored less than Yulia and now, in just few months, more than 1 points over... She has great musicality but her posture is atrocious and her jumps are as "little" as Yulia..... Pogo isn't refined and not communicate. Plus Yulia didn't skate bad, she didn't make big error or falls, but her PCS stay lower than usual. Why? Only because Eteri talked against FED... :disagree:

:thumbsup:

mat

Rinkside
Even the commentator was surprised reduction technique Julia from 38 to 33.
It is now clear how the Federation responded Eteri. The Federation could get into trouble if Julia was 3rd. But they found a double reply. First, put Julia down. Secondly, raised Eugene on the 3rd so that I can replace it with Adeline (that will not cause a scandal).

dada16

On the Ice
I agree with you and I think the same thing, if Evgenia take Bronze medal, Adelina will compete without any scandal.
It's just unfair....