2017 Internationaux de France Free Dance | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2017 Internationaux de France Free Dance

Alba

Record Breaker
I agree the destruction of Russian ice dance is on russia. They knew they had more talented ladies than ice dance teams so decided to focus on ladies! Their dance teams are coached by people like zhulin, Tchaikovskaya, svinan and zhuk and other assorted nobodies and has beens! They don’t want to be seen doing anything for dance. They must protect the ladies. All of them!

What amazes me it's they fail even in those areas which are not so difficult to get it right. One example, music choices for their programs. They're ridiculous. :palmf: Just WHY?! :scratch2::noshake:

Roast Toast

Medalist
Do we even know for sure that Tessa and Scott are retiring? I mean, obviously I don't think they'll stick around until 2022 but I wouldn't be surprised if they kept skating for another couple seasons. I know they are saying in interviews that this their last season, their swan song, etc... but to be fair they said the same things in 2014 and here we are!

rosy14

Final Flight
I love V/M's FD and it's sexy and passionate as heck. Like - I LOOOOOVE how sexy of a program it is. But it limits them in comparison to the high art that is Moonlight Sonata. Marie France didn't want them to do Moulin Rouge....I wonder what she would've given them if she had her way.

A copy of their last year FS, which was a copy of all FDs she has done for P/C, included this year Moonlight Sonata, WR or not WR !

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
S/B?, you must be kidding!!

Nope I genuienely think that if they fix some issues they will. I see awesome SS, and extremely fast skating, also a lot of control in the lifts. However, their rumba pattern for example isn't good at all because they bend over instead of using their knees... and they have a good knee action.
If they go to Marie-France (who does stroking class every day with everyone) they are going to be incredible. But for now I just have frustration.

Alba

Record Breaker
Do we even know for sure that Tessa and Scott are retiring? I mean, obviously I don't think they'll stick around until 2022 but I wouldn't be surprise me if they kept skating for another couple seasons. I know they are saying in interviews that this their last season, their swan song, etc... but to be fair they said the same things in 2014 and here we are!

Let's be honest. They came back so they could win the Oly (advance ID artistically was bs talk :rolleye:). I think they will retire, whether they win or lose.

Barb

Record Breaker
No, I think she is right. I can appreciate their FD inspite of the music. Why add the vocals? It kills the mood!

well so, it will fall in the personal preference category, because they are struggling with levels, how a level 1 and 2 in their rumba pattern indicates that they could be challenging in the next 4 years when teams like S/D and Alla/Pavel get L4?

gmyers

Record Breaker
What amazes me it's they fail even in those areas which are not so difficult to get it right. One example, music choices for their programs. They're ridiculous. :palmf: Just WHY?! :scratch2::noshake:

They know and do it on purpose! Lol! It’s all part of the pro ladies plot. Fail in all areas! Even easy ones.

Barb

Record Breaker
well so, it will fall in the personal preference category, because they are struggling with levels, how a level 1 and 2 in their rumba pattern indicates that they could be challenging in the next 4 years when teams like S/D and Alla/Pavel get L4?

But what stupid things I am saying, of course it is possible, I mean, I have not learned anything in the last 4 years? :laugh: :palmf:. If they get the right program and package, automatically the levels will be up.

peepsquick

Final Flight
That’s for the GPF.

P/C are not a shoo-in at GPF because V/M THRIVE on competition. It is their strength: the do better when in competition with their main competitors. P/C are more nervous competitors (except when they don't have anything to lose like at Worlds in Helsinki for the FD).
So it will come down to experience and nerves.

Alba

Record Breaker

Alla&Pavel competed in juniors though. It remains to be seen how they will do in senior level. Things are different.
But I agree with you. I just don't see S&B becoming a team of WC worth it.

liv

Record Breaker
So, Olympic champs will be P/C... I love me some P/C, but choosing that music was a stroke of genius... it won't even matter how they skate to it, because it will be in their usual smooth style. Even without watching their program today I knew they'd hit 120... because they will win Olympics. It is known.

rosy14

Final Flight
True but who is the team to challenge them? If there would be a junior team of I/K' calibre I would agree. I don't see the current teams getting close to them in the next 4 years

Oh, well, as much they jumped so high in less than a year, as much they can fall down ! It all depends from federation pushes and political manoeveurings. If, for instance, Russian Fed decides to push S/B really, Russian judges and “friends”will stop to give P/C high scores like candies.

rosy14

Final Flight
P/C are not a shoo-in at GPF because V/M THRIVE on competition. It is their strength: the do better when in competition with their main competitors. P/C are more nervous competitors (except when they don't have anything to lose like at Worlds in Helsinki for the FD).
So it will come down to experience and nerves.

Hope so, but not convinced.

Alba

Record Breaker
So, Olympic champs will be P/C... I love me some P/C, but choosing that music was a stroke of genius... it won't even matter how they skate to it, because it will be in their usual smooth style. Even without watching their program today I knew they'd hit 120... because they will win Olympics. It is known.

Oh the DRAMA! :laugh:
I'm going to enjoy dance competition a lot. :biggrin: I have no horse in this race, although V&M are my favorite as skaters.

Purv

Match Penalty

I think it also depends when they will be skating, before canadians or after. But now French are more confident , this is not last season. They know they re capable of gettin decent scores