2018 Lombardia Trophy Mens Free Skate | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2018 Lombardia Trophy Mens Free Skate

zebobes

Final Flight
Does anyone know if an Axel jump is still required in the Free Skate? I could be wrong, but I don't think Dmitri had one, so I thought that was kind of weird.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I‘m also still not sold on this program. It felt empty, especially in the middle. I do believe he will improve. Regarding his jumps it seems that his famous nerves of steel Kind of left him. He landed great jumps in the warmup and got onto bad habits during the actual skate. This will change I‘m positive.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Interested to see the GOE's on today's jumps. --Due to so many labored or eked out landings...what will a judge do with it? 0? +1? -1? :scratch:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Does anyone know if an Axel jump is still required in the Free Skate? I could be wrong, but I don't think Dmitri had one, so I thought that was kind of weird.

Oh yeah, I was wondering that too -- I noticed he didn't have one either. Gonna look that one up.

Latremu

Final Flight
It's okay, I get that about non-native speakers. Still fun to laugh at. I think this guy may have been the same announcer at Worlds 2018!

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I‘m also still not sold on this program. It felt empty, especially in the middle. I do believe he will improve. Regarding his jumps it seems that his famous nerves of steel Kind of left him. He landed great jumps in the warmup and got onto bad habits during the actual skate. This will imrove I‘m positive.

Yeah...the music seemed too fast and soft for the footwork he used?

Shame about the jumps...guess it's early days in the season!

zebobes

Final Flight
Oh yeah, I was wondering that too -- I noticed he didn't have one either. Gonna look that one up.

I just checked the protocols. Dima got 0 points for his last 3Lz-2T combination as an illegal element, so i guess that was because there was no axel.

Weird... did the coach not know the rules?

pearly

Record Breaker
Have you noticed how when Shoma falls he does this hand gesture or head movement that even makes the fall look nice and choreographed?

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I enjoyed Shoma and Dmitri. I really, really, really want to fix the music edits in Matteo's program.

Latremu

Final Flight
I‘m also still not sold on this program. It felt empty, especially in the middle. I do believe he will improve. Regarding his jumps it seems that his famous nerves of steel Kind of left him. He landed great jumps in the warmup and got onto bad habits during the actual skate. This will change I‘m positive.

Early days. It's also better this way. Look at what happened last year. Shoma works better when he's a little frustrated with how he did in the previous competition (barring any injury) :pray:

frida80

Record Breaker
I think they meant currently. I get how that happened for a non-native speaker.

Yup. It’s a false cognate between English and Italian. The word Attualmente means currently in Italian. I still do this crap all the time while speaking Spanish. Always a good laugh is watching men use the word they think means embarrassed.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I enjoyed Shoma and Dmitri. I really, really, really want to fix the music edits in Matteo's program.

I think two songs would work really well! Or maybe just the one.

I really enjoyed Philip Watson from earlier on! That hair...plus he has really huge jumps if he could get them under control I think he could really get up there.

Also Tim from USA had the best spins today :)

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker

We have seen Shoma perform this program in the ice shows so I am no stranger to it. I still don't like it and feel that
Sho is having a hard time skating to this music. I am not talking about his jumps here. He seems to be skating beside the the music instead of
with the music and I feel that affects the overall performance level of this program.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Haha, perhaps. But...I don't know....I just don't feel a connection to that program. I guess I'd like some sort of growth. I don't feel it yet! There's so much to like in spite of that though because he is so great in those basics.

That's why I think it's going to be a challenge, because the skater has to bring the emotion and performance to it. The emotion is more built in with an orchestral piece of music. And you can't rely on "cute" with it. It's a good piece for a post-Olympic year. Reminds me of Marlie's tango FD. He's going to have to do the same thing with this FS as they did with that FD: edit and refine refine refine throughout the season. Ted always talks about Learning Experiences. This can be Shoma's if he is up for the challenge.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yup. It’s a false cognate between English and Italian. The word Attualmente means currently in Italian. I still do this crap all the time while speaking Spanish. Always a good laugh is watching men use the word they think means embarrassed.

Ah well I'm glad that explains that.

Plus he can speak two languages, which is one more than I can!

(I actually read somewhere the other day that we're all using 'actually' wrong anyway)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
That's why I think it's going to be a challenge, because the skater has to bring the emotion and performance to it. The emotion is more built in with an orchestral piece of music. And you can't rely on "cute" with it. It's a good piece for a post-Olympic year. Reminds me of Marlie's tango FD.

That's a pretty good comparison. Yes, I hope to see improvements -- I'm going to see it live at GPF probably so I hope he'll wow me. :)

laiyamanika

On the Ice
I see this as a wake up call to Shoma. He might have won this challenger series but he knows he has a lot to face on the GP. He's needs to improve his jumps and as well as his step sequence

Good luck to him!