2018 Lombardia Trophy Mens Free Skate | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2018 Lombardia Trophy Mens Free Skate

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Well a really well placed spead eagle more than earns its keep in the "emotional connection to the music" and "expression" categories. Shoma's is a case in point.

Early days. But that's going to challenge him nicely this season.

And he understands musical highs and lows.

Now for that posture...

pearly

Record Breaker
Oh thank Goodness.

Although Shoma...don't go yellow top on us again with your costume this year.

Shoma can do no wrong, not even with the yellow.

Ted would be all over his posture.

That spread eagle! I still don't understand how that works...I can't turn my feet out like that, it's just not possible.

I watched it and thought "See Danil, you can do 8 free skating moves in this time or you can do just one and have everyone gasp at it".

(Feet go in the ballet second position, but you sort of turn out your ankle/joint too.)

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
"He's actually in first place". Why actually? :rofl:

I know! Was that subtle shade throwing?! Is the announcer annoyed the cantilever wasn't there, I must say now that I've noticed it wasn't I'm kinda let down.

Maybe he'll put it back in later...Did he do it in the SP? I haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

asyuraniel

Rinkside
Shoma have problem with all his jump today.. Even his step sequence look unconvinced. I cannot catch all the skater FS score but i believe Dmitri has higher mark in FS than him.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Well a really well placed spead eagle more than earns its keep in the "emotional connection to the music" and "expression" categories. Shoma's is a case in point.

Early days. But that's going to challenge him nicely this season.

And he understands musical highs and lows.

Now for that posture...

Haha, perhaps. But...I don't know....I just don't feel a connection to that program. I guess I'd like some sort of growth. I don't feel it yet! There's so much to like in spite of that though because he is so great in those basics.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats to Shoma for the Gold and to Dima and Andrea for Silver and Bronze!

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Alas I had but one ballet lesson...and then the teacher told my mother not to bring me back.

Shoma UNO FS 172.05 TS 276.20

LOL "He's actually in first place" announcer? That was a bit rude!

That was a bad ballet teacher then. I did 6 years of Jazz and 6 of Ballet and all of my teachers just told me to work harder and practice at home. I, on the hand, only cared about my riding.

Latremu

Final Flight
No!! There were no cantilevers in either program! That's right! :eekn:

Maybe the jet lag is affecting his abdominal muscles and he didn't wanna risk it? :laugh:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
That was a bad ballet teacher then. I did 6 years of Jazz and 6 of Ballet and all of my teachers just told me to work harder and practice at home. I, on the hand, only cared about my riding.

Well in her defence I was 6 at the time I didn't actually pay attention for the whole lesson, instead I wandered off to the corner.

Then I took gymnastics, but alas nothing could stop my decline into inflexibility.

Well an exciting competition there!

I'm not sure who's skate I enjoyed the most yet.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I wonder if anyone will skate to Killshot next year.

I'm actually going to watch Dance.