2021 Skate America: Women's Free Skate | Page 41 | Golden Skate

2021 Skate America: Women's Free Skate

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
This was possible the best ladies event ever! So many clean and wonderful skates! Happy for the skaters, pleased with the result.

Sasha only going for one quad, landing it clean, and still winning with good margin is so great. Best decision! I think it´s good she is back with Eteri!
Her PCS sometimes was crazy tho. Love Sasha but the scores on her chreographic sequence, which is just thrown in there because she "had to" was a joke.

Country
Norway
Trusova did one jump harder than everyone else. A good skate from her, but that tech is too high.
But quad lutz is worth about 11 points and then you have the GOE. If you take the math it´s actually very reasonable. Her triples are no problem obviously, she get great hight and speed because she usually does quad.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Satoko 5th for Components? :rolleye:

Good one judges... (n)
She got the highest score for INterpretation of the music tho and tied with Daria in COmposition.. I mean, it could be a little bit higher in IN, but she was not better in other four components comparing to the other top skaters today. Kaori won on Skating Skills, and Daria on TRansitions, rightfully so. Kaori also won on PErformance (which is maybe the only thing i disagree with).
And i agree with Mark, great competition overall (with seven women, almost eight surpassing 200 points) :points:

Last edited:

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
What a fantastic competition! In the first group Starr looked better than I've seen in a long time, Kurakova was her usual charming self and I adored both Satoko and Amber. In the final group - You gave more expression than I've ever seen. It's been a complaint of her skating I've had and it was so nice to see her really performing for the audience for once - well deserved medal for her! Kaori though was just as wonderful. While I don't love her music - she performs the heck out of it and at least it's not another warhorse. I think I would've had Daria behind those two, but up until the final two jump passes her skating was pretty picture perfect and since You and Kaori both made errors in the SP I'm okay with Daria in second. Trusova was great and congrats on her win. But without her trademark quads I think the program suffers a bit - she thrives on the excitement of her quads. I'm glad she was able to do the lutz and kudos to her for sticking it out and not withdrawing. I hope she gets some much needed rest and healing!

Sjs5572

Final Flight
Amber looked great. She really should add a double loop to one of her two jump combos. Also, has she ever had a 3S?

Lutzedge

Final Flight
Country
United-States
But quad lutz is worth about 11 points and then you have the GOE. If you take the math it´s actually very reasonable. Her triples are no problem obviously, she get great high and speed because she usually does quad.
Without the quad lutz, she would have been still around 80. That is still a very high score.