Ladies LP | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Ladies LP

Wrlmy

Medalist
Miki Ando
That's little low for a 7-triple program.Any downgrade?

Yu-Na Kim, or Kim Yu-Na:biggrin:

3f-3t, huge roar from the crowd lol.
2a, not going for 3r?
step out on 3z
2a-3t
3z-2t
3s
2a

feraina

Record Breaker
I love Yu-na's red & gold dress, so pretty. ;) I think it's supposed to resemble traditional Korean.

BIG first 3F, but 3T got a "wiggly" landing (I think due to lack of speed, not due to UR).

Nice 2A (so no 3R). But flips out of 3Z.

Uh-oh, everyone's having jump problems today.

Sit spin a little slow...

Nice 2A-3T. Big cheers.

Nice 3Z-2T.

3S clean.

Flips out of last 2A, dropped her right hip a bit out of the circle.

Big cheer on the last spin. Huge cheers to end. Lots of Korean flags in the audience.

It's interesting that we've seen some skaters twice already (Yu-na, Miki), and some not at all (e.g. Mao Asada).

ks777

Record Breaker
1 Yu-Na KIM KOR 128.11 66.43 61.68 7.75 7.30 7.90 7.80 7.80 0.00 #12

Wrlmy

Medalist
Another huge score for Yu-Na, considering there's one less spin.

I thought she was more expressive this time, although she looked nervous at first.

feraina

Record Breaker
Yu-na Kim
LP: 128.11, Total: 191.75

Wow, that's a really high score! 5 more than at SA, I'm a little surprised.

I do love both of her programs this year, though. Much more than last year. Almost as much as the two the year before (Roxanne and Larks Ascending were both magical).

gold12345

Medalist
A 128 with two step outs? lol. Okay, whatever. She's going to win by a lot anyway...why overscore? But obviously the class of the field today.

Wrlmy

Medalist
A 128 with two step outs? lol. Okay, whatever. She's going to win by a lot anyway...why overscore? But obviously the class of the field today.

Joannie scored almost 125 with one step out and a popped axel. So why not?

feraina

Record Breaker
So, I think this means that no US lady has medalled yet so far this GP season, right? Nobody has really stepped up to the plate yet, it feels like. But Caroline and Ashley both did better in their second GP's last year compared to their first, so there's definitely hope that all the young Americans can improve later on in the season.

So Yu-na is the first to qualify for GPF, and Miki probably has, too.

HCOSurfer

Final Flight
The only US lady to medal so far is Alissa. On that note, I'm going to bed. Goodnight everyone!!!

Wrlmy

Medalist
So, I think this means that no US lady has medalled yet so far this GP season, right? Nobody has really stepped up to the plate yet, it feels like. But Caroline and Ashley both did better in their second GP's last year compared to their first, so there's definitely hope that all the young Americans can improve later on in the season.

So Yu-na is the first to qualify for GPF, and Miki probably has, too.

Hey, you forgot Alissa! And Caroline probably will at TEB.

feraina

Record Breaker

I feel like this year they're really trying to differentiate good jumps from bad jumps in the GOE's, even more than last year. It feels a bit draconian sometimes, like Miki never getting credit for her 3-3, and getting rather low scores. I hope this doesn't mean that she'll lose out on a tiebreaker for the GPF.

shallwedansu

On the Ice
Enough said. :yes:

What's the record on most consecutive GP event wins? This makes 5 in a row for Yu-Na and that's not including the GP finals. My god, she won the last 2 finals! So 7 in a row??

feraina

Record Breaker
Hey, you forgot Alissa! And Caroline probably will at TEB.

Oh, yeah, totally! She was exquisite at SC, how could I!

I was so caught up thinking about all the younger U.S. ladies. There was so much excitement about this GP season, because there are all these first and second year GP skaters from the US, and also because there probably more US ladies skating in the GP circuit this year than ever before. It just all feels slightly anti-climactic.

I don't want to jinx Caroline. I sure hope that she will medal at TEB! Heck, I'd love it if she could take the gold. ;)