4CC by TV | Golden Skate

4CC by TV

Is this topic still valid? Just in case:

Daisuke is tremendous. Does anyone think as I do that that performance would have beaten Plush? I don't think Johnny or Evan can touch him. Buttle still has to step up to the plate.

Mao's got the goods. I think only a mistake by her will open up the door for another.

If Rochette can keep the momentum, I see a medal at Worlds.

it sems to me that some judges do not like Ashley and it's going to be a rough road ahead for her.

There definitely is a place for McL/Bru next season. Z/Z, for me, have only the tricks. P/T have the artistry. C/O must get the s by s, and soon.

When all is said an done about Umbrellas, V/M are still looking very good. However, D/W are improving rapidly and a good skate by N/B made for a great competition. However, there are all those left overs from years gone by are going for their last try in vancouver.

Joe

CalebsMom

Rinkside
As a Korean-American, I was very ticked off while watching ESPN coverage on 4CC. I'm talking about the piece of music they played when they were showing Korean cityscape, historic sites, or a traditional marketplace. The style of that music was far from characteristic of "Korean" at all. Instead, it was that of traditional "Chinese" to the core.

Actually it was not their first time they showed their ignorance (and I don't think they're aware of their ignorance.). ESPN has played the same kind of music over the Yu-Na fluff during the GP series. I would've picked "Arirang" at the very least. Or How'bout "Arirang Fantasy" NY Philharmonic played in Pyongyang some days ago? C'mon, ESPN!! Get enlightened and play it right!!!

decker

On the Ice
Agree on Daisuke, Mao, pairs and dance. I just love Meryl and Charlie more every time I see them. And I'm not even much of a dance fan.

I don't see any big hate on for Ashley. In the short, she bungled 2 of 3 jumping passes and got awful levels for her spiral and her footwork. The latter problem is not new -- her levels have been up and down all season.

For that I don't see that 12th place after the SP was out of line. Her long was much better and was in fact scored 5th even with 2 wrong-edge deductions, bringing her up to 8th overall.

It's not like the caller was selective. Mao also flutzes, and she also got dinged. But Mao wisely includes only 1 flutz in her long.

I like Ashley. But as she said herself, there are elements other than jumps. She needs to work on them ... and also on whatever caused her to mess up even the jumps in the short. I'm hoping it was one-time jitters. Because I really do like her skating.

Susan

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
If Mao and Disukie can repeat those performances at worlds it will be somthing to see. Wow.

I was not impressed with either of the chinese pairs. Pang and Tong look smoother than they did in the begining of the season, but they don't have that "it" factor for me. Zhang and Zhang were embarrassing. I think that it is at times like that when you really see how much of thier skating is just the throws and twists and stuff. The in-between skating is really lacking. I think Inoue and Baldwin were very good again... i think this faster program is much better than what they have been skating too. I like the costumes.

Davis and White. Beautiful again. i really thought that they shoudl have won. I like virtue and moir. beautiful style... but i felt that they were cautious in the freedance and the last lift was wobbly. and that pink dress has to go. she looks like a housewife.

So happy that Joannie skated so well again. maybe she can repeat at worlds. It must be great for her confidence that she beat Miki... reigning world champ.

strawberry-kiwi

Rinkside
Well, I think Pang/Tong skates so well IMO. I really love their new program. They skates so romantic and passion. I'm very impressed.

I'm agree with you on David & White. Their twistze is unbelievable and they skate just like one. Scott & virtue has a very similar skating styles to David & white, but some of their lifts position look kinda awkward to me.

I like Miki Ando, I think she can able to pull it together at world.