2015 Mordovian Ornament Ladies SP and Free Skate | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2015 Mordovian Ornament Ladies SP and Free Skate

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
No rest for this girl right ?

Who did she kill ? Oh yeah, a subpar skate. Too bad she though she should do her best in Sotchi.

Was this intended to be sarcasm? I would think 18 months out of competition is a lot of rest, even more than Mao (who was in semi-retirement). If I'm misunderstanding your post, I apologize in advance.

Well I can get the fact that the score is really high and Maybe Ade isn't in Caro's ss same league yet but please.. Stop being so harsh on a 19yo girl that just happenend To be skating really well again!!

If you're acknowledging the score is unreasonably high, where is the harshness in this thread?

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
No rest for this girl right ?

Who did she kill ? Oh yeah, a subpar skate. Too bad she though she should do her best in Sotchi.

Enough of this rubbish
I think it's extremely important to attack judging that is out of order,
No one thinks it's Adelina's, Kavaguti's or Ilynkh's fault

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Haven't read the whole thread, but I just watched the SP and it seems nobody here noticed that the back-end of Sotnikova's 3Toe+3Toe was obviously underrotated...and yet it wasn't called as such. Her score was pretty ridiculous in general. I think it was 9 points too high. She didn't skate any better than what would be considered a typical 6th to 9th place kind of performance at Worlds these days. It was a solid, fun performance but the jumps and spins were noticeably less huge and well-positioned than what she showed at the Olympics. The footwork sequence was nowhere near as well executed as someone like Mao. The movements in the choreography were not fully extended, like when she tries to shimmy. She could have been any random competitor out there who would never be expected to medal at Worlds. That's what the performance looked like to me.
You haven't read the whole thread but you assume nobody has pointed out that the 3-3 was suspicious. How logical you are.
Regardless of the scores, it's a great performance from Adelina and if you give this performance to people who don't know who she is, I am sure they will enjoy and appreciate it a lot. :laugh:

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Regardless of the scores, it's a great performance from Adelina and if you give this performance to people who don't know who she is, I am sure they will enjoy and appreciate it a lot. :laugh:

I'm sure he enjoyed it too,
But people seem to have a hard time separating the performance, And the judging of it.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
I think it was 9 points too high. She didn't skate any better than what would be considered a typical 6th to 9th place kind of performance at Worlds these days.

A 66, as you suggest, would still have put her 4th at last years worlds, not even close to 9th. For her to end up 9th, there would also need to be 8 other skaters to beat her... who? I don't remember those mystical worlds these days where right down to 9th place we see engaging, nearly clean performances that rightfully score mid-60's, but I'd be pretty happy to see that actually.

Blades of Passion said:
The movements in the choreography were not fully extended, like when she tries to shimmy.

Where and how is anyone supposed to extend their movements during a shimmy? :scratch:

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
A 66, as you suggest, would still have put her 4th at last years worlds, not even close to 9th.

66 would have put her in 6th or 7th for 2014 Worlds. The field last year was weaker; this year it will be stronger. The sport is evolving.

Where and how is anyone supposed to extend their movements during a shimmy? :scratch:

By extending the arms and upper chest and vigorously shaking, of course. Just jiggling a little bit instead of doing the full movement is an example of someone not executing the choreography as well as it should be.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
So i guess next season all the top Russians and co. can just go to this Senior B event in Russia and get official Personal bests again :laugh:

Last edited:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
66 would have put her in 6th or 7th for 2014 Worlds. The field last year was weaker; this year it will be stronger. The sport is evolving.

The field can be as strong as it wants, if the ladies don't deliver, it counts for nothing. The 2013 was just as strong IMO as the 2014 one, but a 66+ skate was enough to put Kostner in 2nd and Murakami in 3rd. You can't say 'world championships these days' and neglect 2 out of the 3 most recent ones (although I get wanting to focus on 2014 ;) ). In 2012, even if it's hard to compare of course because the scoring changed so much till then, a 66 SP would have won that segment.

Blades of Passion said:
By extending the arms and upper chest and vigorously shaking, of course. Just jiggling a little bit instead of doing the full movement is an example of someone not executing the choreography as well as it should be.

I assume you're talking about this? I have never heard anyone say you should fully extend your arms and upper body during a shimmy (at least 'where I come from', so maybe this is done differently in other sports...). It's a movement that is done with the shoulders, and actually has the most effect if upper body and arms remain calm - but fully extending them not only makes the movement harder, it looks weirdly stiff IMO. If anything, I think Adelina is pulling her shoulders too high when they should remain on one level during that movement, but that's a mistake you see pretty often.
(To clarify: I'm not arguing with the 'bad extension' throughout the program thing, it's that particular example that stuck out for me because I have learned that movement pretty differently then what you described)

Last edited:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
So i guess next season all the top Russians and co. can just go to this Senior B event in Russia and get official Personal bests again :laugh:

And that would give them what...? :shrug: It's just a number that is written somewhere and has no bearing on the outcome of your next event. Patrick Chan still has a higher overall PB than Hanyu, he's still holding the WR for LP and overall in fact, but how many people expect him to actually beat Hanyu these days one on one?
That one Senior B with inflated scores won't give anyone the momentum to win worlds.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
And that would give them what...? :shrug: It's just a number that is written somewhere and has no bearing on the outcome of your next event. Patrick Chan still has a higher overall PB than Hanyu, he's still holding the WR for LP and overall in fact, but how many people expect him to actually beat Hanyu these days one on one?
That one Senior B with inflated scores won't give anyone the momentum to win worlds.

It's an official score, It will show up in every competition as a standard, It could someday be a WR
And above all, Suspicious judging in official ISU events is not :shrug:
You may not see the significance to these but i do.

And i don't identify with the weird Patrick Chan example

Last edited:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
It's an official score, It will show up in every competition as a standard, It could someday be a WR
And above all, Suspicious judging in official ISU events is not :shrug:
You may not see the significance to these but i do.

And i don't identify with the weird Patrick Chan example

It's not weird judging that is :shrug: to me, but your comment, you know? :p
Yes, it will show up in every competition as some number that will have nothing to do with the actual score determining the results. What a very important thing worth crying over.

And at this point, it feels like there is no single official ISU competition with non-suspicious judging. At least here it wasn't a single skater receiving an unfair boost, but overall inflation, and the standings are correct so far.

Last edited:

whatif

Medalist
WTH?! Cao is not retired. She never announced her retirement, and has infact announced her plans to continue competing once her ban was over. You may want investigate before making such a bold claim thankyouverymuch.

Good luck with that.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
It's not weird judging that is :shrug: to me, but your comment, you know? :p
Yes, it will show up in every competition as some number that will have nothing to do with the actual score determining the results. What a very important thing worth crying over.

And at this point, it feels like there is no single official ISU competition with non-suspicious judging. At least here it wasn't a single skater receiving an unfair boost, but overall inflation, and the standings are correct so far.

You obviously don't take this sport as seriously as others might,

not a criticism, Just an observation, We're all god's children ;)

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
You obviously don't take this sport as seriously as others might,

not a criticism, Just an observation, We're all god's children ;)

Let's say I'm trying to take the judging less serious for the sake of my nerves ;)