2016 Cup of China Ladies SP | Page 29 | Golden Skate

2016 Cup of China Ladies SP

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I think it's clear that the top three japanese ladies this year will be Wakaba, Mai and Satoko. I can see the judges already beginning to punish Satoko, too, so her number one status is gone. Next year sees the arrival of Marin Honda and all the old ones are history. Sounds cruel, but I guess it is happening. Sad, as especially Rika hasn't had time to shine yet.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Well I stayed up to watch skating...fell asleep during the warm up of Ice Dance and woke up to the zamboni after Ladies. I should have just gone to bed and caught replays. Oh my aching neck.
:console:

yeeeeeeeeeee Liza is 4rth! really good for her condition!
My reverse jinx worked:biggrin:

It is the year of the Monkey. My Bestie had a baby earlier this year and nicknamed him little monkey.
My sis gave birth too:agree: he will be 5 months on Nov 22
Tho I cant call him a monkey
Looking at his cheeks I can only call him 'little hamster' :rofl2:

hehe Im 1 of the ones of 'Osmond overscored' crowd but at least its not outrageous like awarding Gracie's monotonous robotic skating with huge PCS whener she steps on the ice :slink:

Last edited:

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Omg lol the Canadian judge really did give 9s for Kaetlyn's PCS

And NO NO NO RIKA'S JUMPS ARE ALL CLEAN aneally mid 8s for Choreo/Perf/Interpretation!!! And really she deserves mid 8s for Choreo/Perf/Interpretation, same as Zijun.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Tech Panel has disliked Rika so much they gave her UR on jump that was clean and hammered her score because of that. GREAT work, you know how to put the lady down... :disapp:

Kutien

Final Flight
1 Kaetlyn OSMOND CAN 72.20 1 video
2 Elena RADIONOVA RUS 70.75 2 video
3 Mai MIHARA JPN 68.48 3 video
4 Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA RUS 64.88 4 video
5 Ashley WAGNER USA 64.36 5 video
6 Rika HONGO JPN 63.63 6 video
7 Zijun LI CHN 61.32 7 video
8 Courtney HICKS USA 59.86 8 video
9 Karen CHEN USA 58.28 9 video
10 Ziquan ZHAO CHN 58.20 10 video
11 Xiangning LI CHN 54.55 11 video
12 Joshi HELGESSON SWE 49.25 12 video

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I am seriously annoyed that Rika Hongo's 3T was called UR. Everyone please go look at this replay in 0.25x and judge for yourself if she touched down before the 1/4 turn mark: https://youtu.be/6RF4DEltkmo?t=4m33s

Yeah, everyone could see it was clean apart from Tech Panel apparently :mad: Rika and her coach should appeal, or do whateve rthey can do, it was of much importance.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
btw agree re: Lena's makeup & dress btw:disapp:
who decided that this was good for her????
She's SO gorgeous even without makeup I dont see the need to use THAT amount of visible makeup & 'unshaven' dress:laugh:

Shae Lynn did a great job tho! The programm fits her like glove! So sassy!!:dance:

MIM

Medalist
Kaetlyn got 1.50,1.20 GOEs for her 3f3t and 3lz, deservedly IMO! -0.36 on the 2a, which is understandable compared to -0.20 on Liza's 3T+3T for step out/over turn(?).
What I don't get is Ashley's 3r2t with forward landing on 2t got 0.10 Goe.

Mai's STSQ Lv3 +0.64 vs. Liza's STSQ LV3+0.40,,, well, I thought Mai's was WAY better in the SS department.

RIKA got LV4 on Stsq and GOE+1.01! :thumbsup:

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Poor Rika, I thought she deserved better in the SP at Skate Canada and should have placed ahead of Eliza there but it just seems she can't get a break.

Honestly the SS mark should be renamed to speed skills because from what I see those who are fast get high scores regardless of edge work and quality. Then the judges don't like to deviate their scores and you have all these wonky PCS

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Love Mai's Saint-Saens SP. Hope she can make the podium here too!:biggrin:

Kittosuni

Medalist
Poor Ashley...has to fight for a spot in the final. As much as I like Kaetlyn I think her LP is weaker than her SP and I don't see her victory as a done deal. Even Elena could fall down in the rankings. Who knows what happens, but I wish for Ashley to skate back into a medal position to get to the final.

And I thought Ashley was the most gifted here lol More like poor Rika and Zijun... I even expected Zijun would get the push here but too bad for her.

happyskate6

Rinkside
When she steps off the ice Kaetlyn says, "I ran out of room". My guess is she didn't judge the distance/speed well going into the 2a. Aside from that, she nailed it, I thought.
Bummer about Ashley. I love her SP, and wanted to see her nail it.
Loved Mai and Lena is always amazing to watch - though a little tentative or sticky on the jumps today.
And OMG Tuk's Lutz! Love. It.

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
I have to be honest, I did not like Ahsley today, at all.
In order for this SP to work, it has be skated perfectly and I am not only talking about the jumps.
At one point I even though "Is she injured?" because she was dragging that StSq, stumbling a couple of times...

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Looking at the protocols: you can understand why Kaetlyn is receiving these big marks, huge gifts from Canada. :laugh:
I think here she deserved the position though, the program is lovely but maybe she should have been placed second behind Elena Radionova because of that axel and that stumble.

Australian judges :rofl:

To be honest, I think her interpretation is better than Sotnikova.......:biggrin:

Absolutely not imo, maybe her first rondo capriccioso (the one she skated at JW 2011).

Tech Panel has disliked Rika so much they gave her UR on jump that was clean and hammered her score because of that. GREAT work, you know how to put the lady down... :disapp:

They have considered UR even Elena's ltz-t which looked fine to me.

Ilvskating

Final Flight
Katlyn Osmond has everything to be on top of the podium IMO,she has big jumps, very high and powerful, with good flow, very fast in speed, great spin and good skating skills. Her presence on ice is just top notch,reaching to the last row of the arena. I watched her live in three compititions and just fall in love with this girl. She is now under control, not like the first time I saw her,a bit wild at that time. I have high hope for her!
I think Zijun Li has been lowballed big time.
On a side note, Chinese girls have very good axel take off,no pre-rotation , not like most Japanese skaters who often have more than a quarter pre-rotation. But this little Japanese skater skated lovely otherwise!

Radionova's posture seems improved or the program does a good job working with it. I love her personality on ice but her skating used to bother me , but this program is fine . Congratulations!

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
its hilarious how judge no 5 thought Mai's 3Lz3T and 3F deserved same GOE as Kaetlyn's 2A :sarcasm:
congratz on new PB Mai!!
i have to honest though, i would have expected her to attack program more since she is using SP from last season, but her energy and joy is just refreshing! :luv17: