2017-2018 Japanese Nationals Men SP | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Japanese Nationals Men SP

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
96 and change for Shoma. He missed his 4T combo Jump did only the 4T.

eta: It must have been my feed I only saw the 4T not in combination.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Could Shoma have added a jump to the 3A? Or would that have been a zayak situation?

nolangoh, it's amazing that he even got the 1T onto the 4T. It was impossible to get a 2T, I think.

demarinis5

Record Breaker
Could Shoma have added a jump to the 3A? Or would that have been a zayak situation?

nolangoh, it's amazing that he even got the 1T onto the 4T. It was impossible to get a 2T, I think.

He could have. He had no other jumps in combination so no zayak.

eta: Ooops forgot about solo 3A only in SP

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
28. Honda Taichi

3A - saved
FCSp3
CSSp4
3Lz x
3T+3T x - messy landings
StSq2 - egg-laying choreography omg
CCoSp4

TES 29.72 PCS 30.03

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I think Shoma will show up to compete at 4CC in order to get more competition before the Olympics. He needs to grab his nerve.

gerorin

On the Ice
Huh. I didn't know Meiji Univ has a figure skating course/club/infrastructure

Last edited:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I think Shoma will show up to compete at 4CC in order to get more competition before the Olympics. He needs to grab his nerve.

He looked a bit nervous to me, too. And he has not many reasons to be nervous, he's clearly the top of the pack. I preferred GPF's Winter to this, but I predicted a not so perfect Nationals for Shoma for several reasons. Let's see what he does in the free.

notunprepared

On the Ice
Loved the footloose program, the choreography was so fun. Such a shame he lost the plot a bit with the jumps. Had he got them it would've been fantastic.

nolangoh

Record Breaker
29. Nakano Yoji

What a costume

3A - fall
3T+turn+3T - landing a bit messy
FCSp3
3Lz x - looks UR, will be reviewed
CSSp4
StSq3
CCoSp4

TES 29.48 + PCS 28.08 Deduction -1.00

gerorin

On the Ice
Shouma said it was far from his ideal skating.

He wanted to check all the boxes of his objectives but he said he was probably too focused on that since he doesn't want to do as bad as he was last year (according to him)

nolangoh

Record Breaker

He cannot. The rules said the Axel jump must be solo, double or triple. And yah the double was impossible in that situation. Good enough that he didn't slip.

emipeters

Rinkside
He looked a bit nervous to me, too.

To me too - it looks like he's caught Yuzuitis when it comes to Nationals. Yuzu also put in lacklustre performances when he was the clear favourite. I think we underestimate how much being National Champion means to these guys, remember Shoma last year and how emotional he was? I think it matters to them only less than the Olympics. Anyway. I think Sho will bring it in the free....

yes poor shoma camera's on him when yuzuru's not around,
but unfortunately that is part of being a top skater and medaling with an expectation of a chance
at an olympic medal.

he is a world medalist. He isn't doing bad with camera's on him.

I say he is doing great.

nationals are tough, expectations of what skater wants plus trying to make olympic team
this year.

demarinis5

Record Breaker
That was a fair score for Shoma a little trouble with his landings on his jumps but everything else
was gorgeous.

Congrats to Shoma for winning the SP and to Keiji who is right behind Shoma and to Daddy Mura! Shout out to Dice, good job!