25)中 野 紘 輔 Kousuke Nakano - 53.62
26) 鎌 田 英 嗣 Hidetsugu Kamata - 52.66
27) 時 國 隼 輔 Junsuke Tokikuni - 51.71
28) 小 林 建 斗 Kento Kobayashi - 51.18
29) 杉 中 建 人 Kento Suginaka - 43.66

Thank you for the pbp, nolangoh! :thank:

gerorin

On the Ice
Nats is very important to them. Takahashi Dai-chan used to talk about getting goosebumps from a fully packed venue filled with fans that has followed them all for years

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really LOVE Winter. Level 4s on steps and spins. Could have been better on the jumps, but sure beats 2 years ago when he had trouble with both of his 4Ts. I remember for sure he changed one of them into a 2T. Final spin was beautiful. Better control over his nerves than last year. I think he is doing 100% better with the media compared to when he first went senior. Not perfect, but lots of positives here...I look for him to really shine in the free! Go Shomita!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
That was a fair score for Shoma a little trouble with his landings on his jumps but everything else
was gorgeous.

Congrats to Shoma for winning the SP and to Keiji who is right behind Shoma and to Daddy Mura! Shout out to Dice, good job!

The one's fighting for the third spot did pretty well in the SP, but I'm worried about the LP. It's another beast altogether. If I had to predict right now my guess would be Tanaka. Mura unfortunately has a tendency these days to completely fall apart in the free. Daisuke Murakami's skating skills are top notch, so he could spoil this and be sent to the Olympics, too.

Shoma did the best he could with the combination jump. Well, it's over now, what's the use in crying? It wasn't that big of a disaster.

I really LOVE Winter. Level 4s on steps and spins. Could have been better on the jumps, but sure beats 2 years ago when he had trouble with both of his 4Ts. I remember for sure he changed one of them into a 2T. Final spin was beautiful. Better control over his nerves than last year. I think he is doing 100% better with the media compared to when he first went senior...I look for him to really shine in the free! Go Shomita!

Shoma is reigning National Champion, whether he considers himself that or not. I don't think that he's the skater every camera focuses on is a problem. He's used to it by now.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
27. Uno Shoma

4F
FCSp4
StSq4
4T+1T* x - +COMBO
3A x
CSSp4
CCoSp4

WHY NOT A 2T UGH

TES 50.84 + PCS 45.99

96.83 into First

You're really good at the play by play! :gclap: Thank you for doing that! :thank:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The one's fighting for the third spot did pretty well in the SP, but I'm worried about the LP. It's another beast altogether. If I had to predict right now my guess would be Tanaka. Mura unfortunately has a tendency these days to completely fall apart in the free. Daisuke Murakami's skating skills are top notch, so he could spoil this and be sent to the Olympics, too.

Shoma did the best he could with the combination jump. Well, it's over now, what's the use in crying? It wasn't that big of a disaster.

I missed Keiji , Daddy Mura, and Dice so have to watch them when the You Tubes are up. What I noticed about Mura at Sk Can was that he would get ready to do a jump and then would hesitate and throw his timing WAY off. It was almost like he was overthinking everything. I think he did the same thing in his second GP. The hesitation really took all the explosiveness and stability out of his jumps. Anxious to see Dice. From what everyone is saying, sounds like he did a good job...No crying for Shomita. :sad4:

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
I missed Sota's performance and went for that first. What a touching coming back! Sota has good quality in his skating, it's just a long way....

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
There are so many different scenarios in play for that third spot. The perfect scenario for the third spot selection would be that either Keiji or Mura comes in second
overall and whomever does that will get named to the team, easy. Not sure how the selection would go if both Keiji and Mura are off the podium
then the "criteria" will come into play and it could get messy. I like them both but only 1 spot available, it will be a disappointment.

Good luck to everyone in the LP!!!!!

DorYiu

Let’s go crazy
On the Ice
I missed Sota's performance and went for that first. What a touching coming back! Sota has good quality in his skating, it's just a long way....

Me too! It’s an awesome come back, although we know it’s not enough to get him close to the podium, but I really enjoy his sp, and it’s really heartwarming to see audiences give him a standing ovation, just like they were all saying: welcome back, Sota. :luv17:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
No Shoma wasn't crying. I wasn't crying either. I'm invested but not THAT invested. :dev2:

He cried at last years Nationals. There is so much tension in the air, even if he's kind of the winner beforehand, I think it still gets to him. He said that Japanese Nationals is the most important competition for him. Perhaps it's also the history of the event. Skaters often start their career there and end it there.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
FS starting order (in Japanese) http://www.jsfresults.com/National/2017-2018/fs_j/nationalsenior/data0105.htm

Last group:

19 Tomono
20 Murakami
21 Sato
22 Mura
23 Tanaka
24 Uno

Reposting the STO for men's FS:

1) 中 野 耀 司 Yoji Nakano - 56.56
2) 梶 田 健 登 Kento Kajita - 58.65
3) 佐 藤 駿 Shun Sato - 57.77
4) 渡 邊 純 也 Junya Watanabe - 54.01
5) 木 科 雄 登 Yuto Kishina - 56.16
6) 唐 川 常 人 Tsunehito Karakawa - 56.64

7) 本 田 太 一 Taichi Honda - 59.75
8) 壷 井 達 也 Tatsuya Tsuboi - 63.35
9) 中 村 優 Shu Nakamura - 65.75
10) 佐 上 凌 Ryo Sagami - 63.05
11) 櫛 田 一 樹 Kazuki Kushida - 60.06
12) 山 田 耕 新 Koshin Yamada - 61.01

13) 鈴 木 潤 Jun Suzuki - 66.83
14) 日 野 龍 樹 Ryuju Hino - 68.22
15) 川 原 星 Sei Kawahara - 67.74
16) 三 宅 星 南 Sena Miyake - 68.77
17) 須 本 光 希 Mitsuki Sumoto - 72.93
18) 山 本 草 太 Sota Yamamoto - 72.88

19) 友 野 一 希 Kazuki Tomono - 78.16
20) 村 上 大 介 Daisuke Murakami - 80.99
21) 佐 藤 洸 彬 Hiroaki Sato - 77.98
22) 無 良 崇 人 Takahito Mura - 85.53
23) 田 中 刑 事 Keiji Tanaka - 91.34
24) 宇 野 昌 磨 Shoma Uno - 96.83

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^I was getting misty-eyed during the audience's love fest for Sota! Very heartwarming. Have to admit though, I'm very nervous whenever he jumps. I'm so afraid he's going to hurt himself again. Glad to see he's taking it a little easier on his content, but I look forward to seeing him do his 4T and 3A eventually.

Alifyre

On the Ice
I opted not to get up super early to watch this so I must ask -- did anyone have a really nice standout skate I should go watch?