2018-2019 Programs By Discipline | Page 32 | Golden Skate

2018-2019 Programs By Discipline

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
She looks so elegant and refined with her new look! That dress is just divine and suits her beautifully.

brushalley

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
She looks so much older with this hairstyle, make-up and facial expressions and higher than half a year ago. Maybe it is only a visual effect caused by the dress or maybe she grew some centimetres.

Beautiful but the overall look ruined by those over boot tights:palmf:

I am loving her new look especially her hair. But what is up with those sound effects to transition between music cuts? Shattering glass and bombing? :slink:

who did the cuts? same with Don Quixote and Swan Lake

imo is generic, it looked a lot like her old programs, oh well, lets see

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
I am loving her new look especially her hair. But what is up with those sound effects to transition between music cuts? Shattering glass and bombing? :slink:

The music cuts are tragic, I hope they will rework them. Alina is a great talent, she is OGM! She deserves so much better than this awfully cut music (and I actually like POTO, so).

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
The music cuts are tragic, I hope they will rework them. Alina is a great talent, she is OGM! She deserves so much better than this awfully cut music (and I actually like POTO, so).

There's almost one music cut dedicated to every single element, some even for the transitions only. In the middle section for example, the Overture from Phantasia is used for Alina's layback only, skips to POTO theme right when she is exiting the spin, this piece used just for the steps preceding the triple flip, and then abruptly changes to Music of the Night as she takes off for the jump. The first and last few seconds are different cuts as well. It's hard for a skater to display flow and continuity when the backdrop to the program is so disjointed. I agree she deserves better and hope this is just a work in progress.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
I laughed out loud at that glass breaking moment, which was probably not the intention. Just... take that out and give her Angel of Music + Overture or something, please.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
There's almost one music cut dedicated to every single element, some even for the transitions only. In the middle section for example, the Overture from Phantasia is used for Alina's layback only, skips to POTO theme right when she is exiting the spin, this piece used just for the steps preceding the triple flip, and then abruptly changes to Music of the Night as she takes off for the jump. The first and last few seconds are different cuts as well. It's hard for a skater to display flow and continuity when the backdrop to the program is so disjointed. I agree she deserves better and hope this is just a work in progress.

Yes, the cuts genuinely make no sense. Apart from the awkward sound effects, I don't understand why they would use the violin cover at the beginning and then go straight into the sung version Think of Me that is a complete change of tone, and end with like 10 seconds of Music of the Night? They could have done so so so much better :\ I was hoping for them to use Point of No Return but at this point I'd just settle for a decent music cut

Roast Toast

Medalist

1) Satoko really can't seem to put a foot wrong for me, so I'm probably biased, but this looks like a stunner. I love that, after last season's fairly introspective, subtle SP, she's projecting outwards and building towards a big musical climax. It's not exactly fair to the zillion Japanese women with better jumps, but as long as she keeps skating like this I'm happily going to turn a blind eye to her GOE freebies.

2) I'm of two minds about this one... Kind of like her jumps -- first that beautiful, easy landing on the loop, and then the hard fall on the flip. It's a cute program with interesting choreographic moments, but that song calls for more "jazziness" than those random little hops. I don't know, it seems like an Ashley program that somehow ended up with Marin.

3) Now this I can work with. Props to the choreographer -- this clearly seems like a "continuation" of Kaori's programs last season, but at the same time I can mostly buy the increased maturity in presentation as well. The 2A-3T-2T is well-placed again. If she builds up a streak of consistent performances once more I think she could be very threatening in the Japanese field.
edit: just realized I mixed up my links and the original post showed her SP, which is much inferior to her free. Oops :p

ayame

Rinkside
I've been traveling all day and finally had time to watch all the new programs and naturally I have some opinions :)

Alina: I wasn't as bothered by the music cuts as I expected, to be honest. Maybe because it's a show; if it were a competition I probably would have felt something was (very) off. She looked a little more relaxed/rushing less, which is great, and!! They put the charlotte spiral on a musical climax!! The one in her FS last year bothered me so much I physically had to look away so this is a major improvement in my book :laugh:

Marin: Kinda undecided. Not a big fan of the music (would've liked to see her use the original) and some steps looked a little awkward to me (the hops for example), but MAJOR props to her for having the guts to try such a different style. I was scared she might let the energetic, aggressive-ish music make her nervous and rush but she managed to stay calm and skate elegantly. Also love, love the combo spin entrance.

Kaori: The dress... The single white boob... Why? Costume aside, I don't think it's a very exciting program but I don't hate it either. I feel like Marin might be more suited to the music and vice versa, but I'm not complaining.

Satoko: She spinned through all my favourite parts of the music, which I'm a little sad about; I'd have liked the first jumping pass and first spin to be switched, for example. I didn't really feel this program, but hopefully it'll grow on me.

Shoma: The flappy shoulder bits :laugh: I kinda like them, somehow. Anyway, it looked a litte unfinished to me - the music is a bit all over the place and the choreo isn't quite strong enough to make sense of it yet, I guess. Can't wait to see it in competition, I'm a big Shoma fan so I'll be rooting for him and his shoulder flaps.

Nathan: I'm so glad to see more people skating to Woodkid's music after Kevin Aymoz's amazing FS last year. Like Shoma he doesn't look very into the music yet but it's not an easy piece for a free skate so he's excused. I don't see this program overtaking Kevin's Woodkid throne but I'll still look forward to seeing it in competition. I'd make a snarky comment about the costume looking like a pyjama but after last season I didn't have any expectations anyway.

randomfan

Record Breaker
Here is Eunsoo Lim’s SP from Asian Open.
https://youtu.be/8DvCBK9ldVw
I have to say, this program looks stunning. I’m really excited to see it keep building throughout the season and it may very well become one of my favourites. 31 PCS for a senior debut is pretty great too!

As for the ladies SPs at The Ice...

I’m relieved to see that Alina has improved quite a lot in her performance abilities. But this program is a big NO. As people said already, there’s basically a different song played for each element, and it makes the program all mushy and unorganized. With such a warhorse like POTO, you’d think that they wouldn’t squeeze the most common pieces altogether into a SP, but now we have this...if you won’t change your music, then at least change the music cut please.

Satoko is beautiful as always, and this program compliments her qualities nicely. Gorgeous moments, gorgeous elements, everything ties together. While it does feel a little flat compared to Sayuri, I didn’t like Sayuri that much the first time I saw it and then it ended up being my favourite program of the season, so this new one may have a different look on me later on. Also, I can’t help but be really annoyed by the absurd music edit during the twizzles between the spiral and the layback...:confused:

Marin has a good program, which just needs a little more firepower. It’s a little worrisome though to see that she placed her combo in the second half, when she has a history of missing her planned triple-triple (as she did here).

Kaori’s program is lovely and she has improved artistically as well. While this SP is not as good as her FS, I think it will still work very well for her.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Nathan please change the costume of your LoA free program. your regular T shirt from fans are better than this. the land of all program will become a master piece (please do not let costume drag it down)

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
I'm so excited with the videos of the new programs of some of the best solists participating in The Ice show and the first summer competitions. I hope someone will also share with us the videos of pairs and ice dancers. I'm particularly eager to see with what material both French couples (Vanessa & Morgan and Gabriella and Guillaume) will try to gain our hearts. We already know the music choices of Vanessa and Morgan but I would like to see the final result.