2018 Finlandia Trophy Mens Free Skate | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2018 Finlandia Trophy Mens Free Skate

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Junhwan .... Ack.

Has there still been confetti on the ice?

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Well, he's going to win this, but I cannot believe that nobody in this group skated clean.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Misha decided to join the popping party too, apparently.

Also why is everyone so reluctant to do a second 3A?!

rachno2

Record Breaker
At this point, I just expect Misha to not skate clean. That wasn't terrible, though, and this program obviously works well for him. I love the dramatic poses and intense facial expressions :drama: I do wish they would add another music cut in the end instead of that awkward loop

Also, I'm pretty sure he has a cold, so he did well considering the circumstances :)

moriel

Record Breaker
Misha decided to join the popping party too, apparently.

Also why is everyone so reluctant to do a second 3A?!

I wish they would learn with Shcherbakova, who just went out and did 2 quad lutzes.
Shame on those guys.

At least jump and fall.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I'm pretty sure he won this competition, but he doesn't look pleased with his skate.

LaArdilla

Medalist
I am actually full of appreciation of Misha’s Carmen. He took that warhorse and made it his own, good for him.

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Wow - I'm not normally attuned to Mikhael Kolyada's skating, but that was amazing. Hats off - brilliant attention to detail, and the height on those jumps....

Danny T

Medalist
Surprisingly, Misha is the one to held it together the most :eeking:

OK, OK he still popping and stumbling (seriously what is with the ice his edges are going out of control?!) but huh, I can live to see the day Misha held it til the end :drama:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I am still in shock and denial, how in the world did Junhwan fall during a spin of all things?!!!! Spins are one of his strongest elements, goddamnit.

And as expected, Kolyada wins this. Congratulations on a silver, darling, but oh Junhwan...

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Mikahil Kolyada (RUS)

Very forward landing on the 4T but made it through. Beautiful and high 3Lz. Wonderful 3A with spread eagle landing. Very good tuck in the flying sit spin, very fast too. Good 3S+2T, possibly an intended 4S there for the future? Only a 3T, intended 4T. Only a 2Lo, awkward take-off. Alright 3Lz+1Eu+2S combo. Good sharpness and attack through the step sequence, really looking like a matador through the edges, cool use of jumps. Nice camel spin with great positions into a back entry and fast combo spin, a little loss of speed with the camel change but still great overall.

Good use of poses throughout the program that really translate well to the strength of the program and the matador character of Carmen. His jumps were overall the best of the day with strong landings on multiple jumps, just a loss of concentration on the Loop and some of the pops that could turn into quads later in the season. I like the details of his hands and the stiffness of the arms which are very intentional. This program is worthy of a Top 3 place on any podium.

Score: 250.58 Total, 165.38 Free Skate, 75.10 TES, 90.28 PCS (1st Place!)