2018 Finlandia Trophy Mens Free Skate | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2018 Finlandia Trophy Mens Free Skate

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wish they would learn with Shcherbakova, who just went out and did 2 quad lutzes.
Shame on those guys.

At least jump and fall.

No, do not jump and fall, :noshake: much rather see a pop.

The men don’t need to “learn” from the ladies. They just need to perform their own programs clean. And they know it, so there’s nothing to learn:biggrin:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I see people were digging afternoon in the Club with Junhwan :cool14:, this program is already iconic, I know this is inappropriate, but I laughed at this spin flop going so well with clubbing:laugh:.

I just want Dmitri to pull his stuff together for the season, it is a real pity and waste of such musical guy with beautiful movement...

Mikhail did enough, but I hope to see this program skated clean somewhere this season, it suits him like a glove, but these headcase pops and stumbles are making it less appealing.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So did Nic medal? Following scores is my strong point :)

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The great thing about Mikhail's win here is that he SO CLEARLY deserves those high PCS that he got. I mean, the quality of his skating, his emotion, his musical flair and intelligence. Very impressive.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Awww, thanks for the info guys, I do love me some Nic even if he picks music (Elvis, Depeche Mode) I’m not crazy about.

Didn’t see Moris (i) need to catch the vid.:)

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can anyone tell me why there's no thread for the Ladies Free Skate? I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. :rolleye:

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Surprisingly, Misha is the one to held it together the most :eeking:

OK, OK he still popping and stumbling (seriously what is with the ice his edges are going out of control?!) but huh, I can live to see the day Misha held it til the end :drama:
I am not sure it's the ice. He seems to be sick.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Dima says it's movie night, free popcorn for everyone! :drama:

The program is kind of nice. Really works to show off his edging and skating skills (and boy do they show), but there was not really a climax, and at some parts music's a bit muted. Plus, too much posing. I know, I know, he's Russian, but well :p
Averbukh. No more needs to be said.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I know, I know, not yet up to speed, Kolyada can do better, but I do love his Carmen. It fits him so much more than Elvis did.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Ryuju Hino (JPN)

Good 3Lz+3T to start. Better second 3Lz with good flow-out. Decent 3A+2T. Popped 2Lo into a flying camel spin with average position and speed. Clean second 3A. Fine 3F and and okay 2A+1Eu+2S combo. Fine back position in the sit position. Footwork sequence is very flat and lacks depth of edge. Decent speed in the last spin but a bit all over the place with the centering.

A great technical performance and a great first outing for him but lacking in artistry for me. The program does not feel connected to the music and apart from maybe one or two accents here and there, he could have been skating to anything really. He just needs to gather more commitment, attack, expression, and purpose - something that gives a reason for the movement.

Score: 205.15 Total, 134.23 Free Skate, 67.15 TES, 67.08 PCS

Huh, funny, I had the exact opposite opinion. He's not a natural artist I'd say, but this program looked great to me commitment-wise, and the audience's appreciation for it was palpable given he's not a skater who's a superstar, or Scandinavian, or skating to something popular. But then, I am a fan and saw it live, maybe it looks different in the video.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
The great thing about Mikhail's win here is that he SO CLEARLY deserves those high PCS that he got. I mean, the quality of his skating, his emotion, his musical flair and intelligence. Very impressive.

I do admit the quality of skating by today's standards ie no Denis Ten, Patrick Chan or Javier well it really is one of the best now in the men. From what I have seen of Nathan Chen Koyada is far superior skater though Nathan of course is the better jumper. The nicest surprise and I would have given him the bronze was the Canadian boy. He has style and charisma - a bit of Javier and Kurt Browning. Canada's men are either seasoned Keegan and Kevin R or fairly young even elder statesman Nam Nguyen is barely out of his teens. Canada has Nic,, Roman, Orzel, Pham et al. I won't even consider barely teen Stephen G.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
:laugh:
Yuzuru, Patrick, Lambiel... seeing all the skaters featured in this video, I’d say Junhwan is on his way to greatness! :p

I love that video... some of Our Heroes are so gracefully dorky when they fall, you almost want to give them GOEs for it :laugh2: