2018 Four Continents Pairs SP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2018 Four Continents Pairs SP

rain

Record Breaker
On the other hand it does give some less known skaters a chance to medal here. I'm rooting for I/M to out out with a bang!

I so, so badly want to see them do a spectacular free skate. I think their program this year is so perfectly tailored to them and I think it could be iconic for them.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Love that static lift. Deanna's facial expressions are so beautiful but we didn't get to see too many close ups. Oh my, the second they get to the K & C, Jim starts teaching. :luv17:

rain

Record Breaker
That was pretty good — only the hand down on the throw. Sets a pretty high standard for everyone else.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What was that? The lift from Dianna and Nate was pretty cool.

That is my favorite lift from ANY pair. Especially because Deanna does it with such strength and beauty while getting graceful positions. It's even better, with more variations and cool stuff, in their free program.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Good basics and jumps don't betray skaters even though they come back much later...like 16 years? :)

I'm impressed by Deanna's return and form.

auser

Record Breaker
Nice skate from S/B Liked this interpretation of "Hallelujah" performed by Canadian Tenors.:) RIP Leonard Cohen:sad21:

gold12345

Medalist
I so, so badly want to see them do a spectacular free skate. I think their program this year is so perfectly tailored to them and I think it could be iconic for them.

I/M have been having trouble with that free skate all season. It's too bad because as you said, it could be really good for them. I'm curious as to what their mental state will be for this event. Missing out on the Canadian Olympic team had to have been heartbreaking and it was barely more than a week ago. Under normal circumstances I would say they should easily win in a field like this, but it has been a hard season for them.

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
Announcer just said that the North Korean pair will participate in the Olympics... I guess wild-card confirmed? Or don't tell me the North Korean pair got the spot at the expense of the South Korean pair that WD...

rain

Record Breaker
I/M have been having trouble with that free skate all season. It's too bad because as you said, it could be really good for them. I'm curious as to what their mental state will be for this event. Missing out on the Canadian Olympic team had to have been heartbreaking and it was barely more than a week ago. Under normal circumstances I would say they should easily win in a field like this, but it has been a hard season for them.

I don't even care if they win at this point, I just want to see a good performance of that LP.

Dylan was also visibly injured at Canadians. I really hope they've managed to somewhat get over their disappointment, and just say to heck with it and give it their all in a big finale.

And who knows? They may still get to go to worlds. I don't think it's a done deal that D/R will go, though considering it's Megan Duhamel, it is likely.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Or don't tell me the North Korean pair got the spot at the expense of the South Korean pair that WD...

This scenario is *not* what is happening re 2018 OWG.

Announcer just said that the North Korean pair will participate in the Olympics...

Yes, the IOC approved a quota spot for DPRK.

Sorry to hear that Kim/Kam :luv17: withdrew from Four Continents.