2018 GP Helsinki Men's Free Skate | Page 33 | Golden Skate

2018 GP Helsinki Men's Free Skate

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Next up, Gala. Where I think Yuzu will show off his frilliest costume yet. --And pink too! :biggrin:

Cherry blossom!

I have just gotten up (I made it to the end and Yuzu's win, but having to get up at six.... that was it) Must see if someone uploaded the gala..... how I am going to concentrate at work today is anyone's guess.

Wait....will Jun Hwan Cha be able to make the GPF?

Even if he doesn't, he is having a cracker of a season for his age...

Tyche

Rinkside
I really, really need to shower and get ready for bed, but I ended up watching the press conference as well... I knew the questions were going to be almost all for Yuzuru, but I wanted to see the others answering questions as well. Brezina on the 4 minute rule, now that was :agree:

Junhwan almost choked when it was his turn to answer, it's those tiny moments when you can see the 17-year-old that make me love him so much. It's almost uncanny how little his voice changes between languages, it just becomes a bit deeper when he speaks in Korean. Quite a contrast between Yuzuru it makes :laugh:

I loved how, just before the press conference started, Yuzuru reached over and took Junhwan's medal off his neck (as he and Brezina had already done.) It reminded me of how he looks after Shoma. He has a new mini-me (never mind that Cha's so tall - he's still a baby - I do hope he's stopped growing though.)

moriel

Record Breaker
Mishin about Lazukin: "In short, he showed he is an athlete with great future. In free, he tried to erase that statement"

And this is Mishin is the best <3

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Mishin about Lazukin: "In short, he showed he is an athlete with great future. In free, he tried to erase that statement"

And this is Mishin is the best <3

Aww no, I haven't had a chance to watch but poor Mr Liza! What happened?

I did notice Liza was at a football game yesterday so maybe wasn't watching, she must be his good luck charm!

moriel

Record Breaker
Aww no, I haven't had a chance to watch but poor Mr Liza! What happened?

I did notice Liza was at a football game yesterday so maybe wasn't watching, she must be his good luck charm!

he kinda bombed a little bit =P
i love mishin for his expressions and honesty <3

sworddance21

On the Ice
In March 2018 apparently, he said he had plans to apply for US citizenship.

Here's hoping he can actually get it in our current political climate. Didn't Christina Carreira just get denied? I guess that was for a Visa and not citizenship, but still...I don't think it is as simple a thing as it has been.

Ziotic

Medalist
I feel like Jun’s program is proof you can do something different and people can like it. As long as the performer is invested!

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I loved how, just before the press conference started, Yuzuru reached over and took Junhwan's medal off his neck (as he and Brezina had already done.) It reminded me of how he looks after Shoma. He has a new mini-me (never mind that Cha's so tall - he's still a baby - I do hope he's stopped growing though.)

I think Junhwan has stopped growing, he seems about the same height as at the Olympics. And I remember an interview Junhwan did after his ice show, he was asked something like "177cm is pretty tall for a figure skater, are you worried about your height?" and he was like "Not really, it'll stop when it stops. And I'm taller than Yuzuru (laugh)." At that time I was more focused on his growth spurt stopping, but now I just love how he's the tall baby when he's with Yuzuru :laugh: :luv17:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Hey, given he starts slow and his first GP curse, this is...

Russia is going to be epic. Really.

Or he could with a mediocre performance as he is so good and the competition not so good. Hanyu is one heck of a competitor. But I kind of am cheering for an upset. He has had his 30 min of fame. NOw I would love to see Voronov, Messing, Brown, and Nathan really take over. Nothing against Yuzuru - an wonderful skater but I do like to see a revolving podium.

Wynter

On the Ice
Or he could with a mediocre performance as he is so good and the competition not so good. Hanyu is one heck of a competitor. But I kind of am cheering for an upset. He has had his 30 min of fame. NOw I would love to see Voronov, Messing, Brown, and Nathan really take over. Nothing against Yuzuru - an wonderful skater but I do like to see a revolving podium.

Oh, I want to see revolving podium as well. But not because of charity due to someone already has "his 30 minutes of fame" and need to step down. Where's the fun then?

Let the others take over him with their capabilities and performances! They are capable to do it, aren't they? :coffee:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I feel like Jun’s program is proof you can do something different and people can like it. As long as the performer is invested!

He totally turned around people's perception of this program himself, indeed by being so invested and engaged into music, performance - using this particular R&J music, using voiceover AND clubbing parts on top of that seemed tacky and catastrophic in terms of performance, yet what Junhwan did? He went into each performance of that program with such power and belief. Sure, the music cuts and the eclectic mix of basically everything into 4 mins are particular brand of taste, but Junhwan works it somehow and people are buying it:)