2018 Nebelhorn Trophy Pairs Free Skate | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2018 Nebelhorn Trophy Pairs Free Skate

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Like I said after watching SP I am not sure if Knierims took too much change at once and now there is a struggle to keep it up together... Adding Alexa's health problems (and her maybe not pushing herself to the max which is absolutely okay in my opinion) and Chris' arm it is not an easy task to level up on all areas of their skating. I hope though that Aljona will get them much needed help with jumps, when they start hit them more than miss, I do think it will give them additional boost of confidence and fire in that new chapter.

MsLayback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Just had the opportunity to watch the Kninerms free skate program and am beyond thrilled... The choreography was intricate the lift were incredible some of the best lifts in the business... The misses on the jumps were nerves plain & simple but I truly feel that as they get the confidence And feel more comfortable with the program They will move up in world standings because that program had intricacy and complexity compare that to their past programs...in my opinion they finally look like a world class team And I cannot wait to see what the future brings

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
How is it that my two favorite pairs teams free skate to the same song this season!! :drama: but that's where the similarities end. I love the delicate choreography of Knierims FP. I cannot think negatively about them so am biased in that respect, I guess. I see Chris's physical strength and height as a lovely compliment to Alexa's grace, skill and agility (was that last lift one-handed?!) I am sure he works hard on his skating skills.and I am certain Aljona knows full well his weak/strong points and will manage them moving forward. I also believe Chris hates disappointing Alexa. I love this Wicked Game, really a beautiful program. Alexa is such a diva!! Two intense personalities. .. interesting to see what happens next. :popcorn:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
First the important parts: never heard Chris Isaak until skating:biggrin:

Who is Helen Christensen?

And maybe I’m a traitor to my age cohort, but I *cannot* *stand* Leonard Cohen. Or his version of Hallelujah. I realize I’m singing “All By Myself” (Kevin Shum :cool:) on that one :scard7:

Disappointed for Alexa and Chris, but they have said in interviews that this is the year they go big or go home. And I would much rather see Chris, looking calm and confident and collected, than the fake sex-it-up of some pairs I won’t name. (Which is not to say you can’t bring the sass and smolder, just not the “get a room” specials that pass for emoting in some programs.) Landing jumps is another matter, but it’s not like he doesn’t know that’s a challenge for him:shrug:

And Deanna was so funny in a GS mini interview saying the rink hasn’t changed in 19 years when she was there last. Still an inspiration!:hap10:

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And maybe I’m a traitor to my age cohort, but I *cannot* *stand* Leonard Cohen. Or his version of Hallelujah. I realize I’m singing “All By Myself” (Kevin Shum :cool:) on that one :scard7:

Burn the witch.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker

Helena Christensen is a danish model. She was one of the 'supermodels' of the early 90's. She played Chris Isaak's love interest in the music video of Wicked Game.

This is the video.

In the golden era of MTV and music videos this was one that was constantly on air.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker

Disappointed for Alexa and Chris, but they have said in interviews that this is the year they go big or go home. And I would much rather see Chris, looking calm and confident and collected, than the fake sex-it-up of some pairs I won’t name. (Which is not to say you can’t bring the sass and smolder, just not the “get a room” specials that pass for emoting in some programs.) Landing jumps is another matter, but it’s not like he doesn’t know that’s a challenge for him:shrug:

And Deanna was so funny in a GS mini interview saying the rink hasn’t changed in 19 years when she was there last. Still an inspiration!:hap10:

Well Leonard Cohen did have a flat deadpan delivery you're either going to love or hate. But if you can't admire HIS singing, I hope you can at least admire the first rate songwriting. I highly recommend Jennifer Warnes' Famous Blue Raincoat album, which is album of Leonard Cohen covers, and an absolutely beautiful song she wrote with him, The Song of Bernadette. It is by far the best thing Jennifer Warnes has done, and it's considered one of the best recordings (in terms of sound quality) ever made by the US recording industry.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Well Leonard Cohen did have a flat deadpan delivery you're either going to love or hate. But if you can't admire HIS singing, I hope you can at least admire the first rate songwriting. I highly recommend Jennifer Warnes' Famous Blue Raincoat album, which is album of Leonard Cohen covers, and an absolutely beautiful song she wrote with him, The Song of Bernadette. It is by far the best thing Jennifer Warnes has done, and it's considered one of the best recordings (in terms of sound quality) ever made by the US recording industry.
The song of Bernadette makes me cry.

My favourite Leonard songs are "Everybody Knows" "I fought against the bottle (but I had to do it drunk)" and "Dance me to the end of love"

Carolla5501

On the Ice
These protocols are peppered with negative GOE. That was a rough event. The US Pairs field is wide open this season. I am curious to see where it goes.

Sadly “wide open”probably means “no matter how you skate we are sending Alexa and Chris”. I wish I felt differently